First Openly Gay Football Player

"should be left undrafted to make a point" is about his sexuality?
Hint: the point of playing football is to win, NOT make points.
This kid had an unreal year AFTER he came out to his team.
That point is well taken with the scouts.

Yes he should be left undrafted. Sexuality does not belong in the public discourse. At some point a line must be drawn. I am a hell of a contractor but I don't list my sexual desires as part of my estimates. Just as 99% of the population keep their private lives private so should the attention whores.
Or do you think me proclaiming my sexuality to possible customers is a good thing? This is no damn different.

You are straight and not entering the NFL draft.
That world you know nothing about and the pressures of media, the combine and internet blogs.
What round were you drafted in for contracting, what contractor position did you play in college, how many blogs were there speaking about you and your contracting when you were in college and how many South Eastern Contracting MVPs did you win?
No offense but comparing your job as a contractor, and I believe contracting to be a very good and highly skilled profession, to what Michael Sam will go through over the next few months is absurd.
No comparison at all. When and if you are in the national media for being a contractor and there have been thousands of posts on hundreds of contracting internet boards for almost a year and a half about you being gay get back to us.
Hang it up. You have no clue about this.

He is a potential distraction, GM's and coaches want wins, not distractions that can cost wins.

A lot of GM's will not draft him because of the attention will be off the game.

He was a 3rd to 6th round prospect to begin with. Teams like New England, San Francisco and Seattle will be the most likely, teams like Miami and Cleveland would be a disaster.

He is a potential distraction, GM's and coaches want wins, not distractions that can cost wins.

He was a 3rd to 6th round prospect to begin with. Teams like New England, San Francisco and Seattle will be the most likely, teams like Miami and Cleveland would be a disaster.

And he would be MORE of a distraction if he hid it.
No offense but your claim that you know more about this than his agent is absurd.
It is out in the open now and less of a distraction.
I totally agree with your talent analysis on him, spot on there. In a growing 3-4 league he is not big enough and is not a perimeter LB and never has played without his hand on the ground.
But I saw him play this year, kid has a motor and can play in the NFL. Artie Lynch who we know real well was speaking about him the other day and how good he is.
I see him 4th or early 5th.

"should be left undrafted to make a point" is about his sexuality?
Hint: the point of playing football is to win, NOT make points.
This kid had an unreal year AFTER he came out to his team.
That point is well taken with the scouts.

Yes he should be left undrafted. Sexuality does not belong in the public discourse. At some point a line must be drawn. I am a hell of a contractor but I don't list my sexual desires as part of my estimates. Just as 99% of the population keep their private lives private so should the attention whores.
Or do you think me proclaiming my sexuality to possible customers is a good thing? This is no damn different.

That world you know nothing about and the pressures of media, the combine and internet blogs.
What round were you drafted in for contracting, what contractor position did you play in college, how many blogs were there speaking about you and your contracting when you were in college and how many South Eastern Contracting MVPs did you win?
No offense but comparing your job as a contractor, and I believe contracting to be a very good and highly skilled profession, to what Michael Sam will go through over the next few months is absurd.
No comparison at all. When and if you are in the national media for being a contractor and there have been thousands of posts on hundreds of contracting internet boards for almost a year and a half about you being gay get back to us.

Nonsense. What he is going to go through is of his own making. Your pity for him is pathetic. It's a fucking game. A game he will be compensated handsomely for if he gets in. Get your priorities straight man

I hope the Seahawks take Sam in the draft late in the third round. We will have to replace Bennett anyway and this guy at 6' 2" and 255 lb looks on video to be fast enough to be a decent candidate for Bennett's replacement. He's 23 almost 24. He's articulate. One never knows who will make it in the NFL from college but if he can carry another 10 pounds and not lose his speed ...that is exactly what we need to replace Bennett. I don't really care if he is gay. That is his own personal problem. He has already lived through quite a lot of personal tragedy and survived to be a big prospect in the draft. If he is still around in the third I hope we take him and at least make some effort to fill in the hole left behind by Bennett. The price would be right and locked for three seasons.

Last edited:

Nonsense. What he is going to go through is of his own making. Your pity for him is pathetic. It's a fucking game. A game he will be compensated handsomely for if he gets in. Get your priorities straight man

I have no pity for him and I have always had my priorities in order.
You are the one making a big stink about it, not me. I see the positive and you whine and cry all negative.
The NFL is A MULTI BILLION DOLLAR BUSINESS.

This thread is a contributing factor to why I can't stand fags that make a big deal about this shit. This asshole is a football player but all anyone is talking about is his perversion. Will he get drafted high or low or at all BECAUSE of his statement for example.

After my next estimate should I inform the customer I like women? Will that insure me a better chance to secure the job?

This shit is so fucking dumb.

"fag" "perversion"
And you deny you treat gays as 2nd class citizens.
I would have some respect for you if you just came out and said you hate them.
This ain't contracting my man, this is head on a swivel Not For Long League where the media will eat you up and the competition dreams about sending you to the emergency room. College is the same way now almost.
They do not wear leather helmets anymore Gramps.
I wish the kid luck but if he falls flat on his face I could care less. Between the lines there is only ONE criteria.

This thread is a contributing factor to why I can't stand fags that make a big deal about this shit. This asshole is a football player but all anyone is talking about is his perversion. Will he get drafted high or low or at all BECAUSE of his statement for example.

After my next estimate should I inform the customer I like women? Will that insure me a better chance to secure the job?

"fag" "perversion"
This ain't contracting my man, this is head on a swivel Not For Long League where the media will eat you up and the competition dreams about sending you to the emergency room. College is the same way now almost.
I wish the kid luck but if he falls flat on his face I could care less. Between the lines there is only ONE criteria.

I treat everyone with equal respect. What I may think of someone is an entirely different story

No offense but your claim that you know more about this than his agent is absurd.
I totally agree with your talent analysis on him, spot on there. In a growing 3-4 league he is not big enough and is not a perimeter LB and never has played without his hand on the ground.
But I saw him play this year, kid has a motor and can play in the NFL. Artie Lynch who we know real well was speaking about him the other day and how good he is.

I never said I knew more than his agent, the first openly gay player will be a distraction. Not saying anything about keeping it hid either. Lots of NFL players were gay and made it a career.

I was listening to ESPN, SVP and Russillo and the Dan LaBatard Show and they were commenting how many GM's have said privately that they don't want the distraction.

I don't care what an agent says, they are pimps for the players. Colin Cowherd had the Missouri coach on and the kids attitude was great and the guy is determined, however, he has the potential to be a team distraction. Just saying what I've been hearing. I think he slips to the 5th round.

I never said I knew more than his agent, the first openly gay player will be a distraction. Not saying anything about keeping it hid either. Lots of NFL players were gay and made it a career.

I was listening to ESPN, SVP and Russillo and the Dan LaBatard Show and they were commenting how many GM's have said privately that they don't want the distraction.

I don't care what an agent says, they are pimps for the players. Colin Cowherd had the Missouri coach on and the kids attitude was great and the guy is determined, however, he has the potential to be a team distraction. Just saying what I've been hearing. I think he slips to the 5th round.

No way he slips to the 5th round just because he smokes dick.

Who really gives a shit as to what he does in his private time? He's being looked at because of how he plays football, not who he prefers for sex.

If running out naked and having sex were the prerequisites for his being hired, then yeah........in a heterosexual world, his sexuality might come into play.

However.....................the job he wants is for playing football. That means putting on a uniform, and going out and seeing how hard you can hit the other players so that you can get control of the football.

Sexuality has damn little to do with it.

And..................considering he was voted the BEST in his conference, I see no reason why he should be passed over. If the GM's want to be stupid and let another team sign him, I hope that every team who passes him over loses to whatever team signs him. The kid is good, lots of people have said so.

And his stats reflect how good he is as well. Watching some footage of him, I thought he was a big stomping badass. Never once did it occur to me to question his sexuality.

And now that I know? Still don't care who he loves, I just hope he does good in the NFL.

"fag" "perversion"

I treat everyone with equal respect. What I may think of someone is an entirely different story

Really? You treat everyone with respect?

Do you consider this post (made by you) about the player "respectful"?

Is it really "respectful" to call someone a fag and an asshole?

Who really gives a shit as to what he does in his private time? He's being looked at because of how he plays football, not who he prefers for sex.

If running out naked and having sex were the prerequisites for his being hired, then yeah........in a heterosexual world, his sexuality might come into play.

However.....................the job he wants is for playing football. That means putting on a uniform, and going out and seeing how hard you can hit the other players so that you can get control of the football.

And..................considering he was voted the BEST in his conference, I see no reason why he should be passed over. If the GM's want to be stupid and let another team sign him, I hope that every team who passes him over loses to whatever team signs him. The kid is good, lots of people have said so.

And his stats reflect how good he is as well. Watching some footage of him, I thought he was a big stomping badass. Never once did it occur to me to question his sexuality.

And now that I know? Still don't care who he loves, I just hope he does good in the NFL.

If the press makes it an issue, then it is an issue and a distraction. Tebow being a Christian had nothing to do with football, until the press made it an issue and it became a distraction. Bullying in the NFL is common, it happens and it has been fine, until Incognito and Martin, then it became a distraction, one left, one got cut.

I don't care about anyone's sex life and no one in sports does, unless it becomes a distraction, many gays in the NFL, but it is kept quiet and it is no big deal. Now...with this player, it is a big deal. It is now about something, other than the game.

Business is business.

If the press makes it an issue, then it is an issue and a distraction. Tebow being a Christian had nothing to do with football, until the press made it an issue and it became a distraction. Bullying in the NFL is common, it happens and it has been fine, until Incognito and Martin, then it became a distraction, one left, one got cut.

I don't care about anyone's sex life and no one in sports does, unless it becomes a distraction, many gays in the NFL, but it is kept quiet and it is no big deal. Now...with this player, it is a big deal. It is now about something, other than the game.

Business is business.

Well, considering that the press would probably make it a big deal if he didn't come out of the closet, I mean..................his whole team knew he was gay, and some sleaze ball journalist (hoping to improve circulation) would have probably outed him if he didn't out himself.

All he did was get the issue out of the way. How much bigger do you think the story would have been had he been picked in the first few rounds, and then later someone published a story saying he's gay?

Any reasonable person would say that him exposing his sexuality before being drafted (and exposed by the media) is a good thing, because then he has control of the story, and can therefore minimize the scandal (if it is one).

Last edited:

"fag" "perversion"

I believe you and I stand corrected on that part of this.

Forum List

Back