🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?

That is crazy, especially considering Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said it would be February at the earliest before they were seen on paychecks.

It is almost as if you are making this up...:coffee:

Yeah, getting to keep the money you worked for is a concept that sounds to stupid to be true. He is probably lying about getting to keep his money.

Trump Price Inflation wiped out 15% of your pay & still going. You now need $1.5 million to retire! Savings are falling. Enjoy being poor.
fredgraph.png

Last edited:
Actually do not know how to cut and paste on phone. But surprisingly found that he raised taxes 11 times!

Yup, raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.

I googled "did Ronald Reagan raise taxes" and of course many things pooped up. But one thing was consistent and that was that indeed he did, 11 times.

Great. So post the 11 tax rates before he raised them and then the date he raised them and the new rate.

Something new, no refunds for EIC or child care credit till 27 Feb 2018....You can get a refund on tax withheld before the Feb. date..and you still have to prove insurance coverage.. Next year also...

My wife works for a large bank and makes middle-class money at about $65,000/ year and got a $11.47 A week raise. Yup big middle class tax cut.

How big was the tax cut the Dems gave your wife?

You are an asshole.

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts, but now have no idea what tax-cuts he gave?

Trump claims his tax cuts will be the largest in history, Obama's were larger

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts

Obama was free to hike taxes when the Dems held the House and Senate.
Obama was free to allow all the tax cuts to expire.

Obama's were larger

Really? What were the rates before Obama's cut, what were they after?

Show me the actual numbers.

Is Obama is responsible for making expiring Bush tax cuts permanent or is he is not?

Can’t have it both ways dumbass.

Is Obama is responsible for making expiring Bush tax cuts permanent or is he is not?

Obama didn't cut taxes, he left them at the Bush levels?
Is that what you're saying?

Bill Clinton promised the middle class a tax cut....he lied.
He raised taxes on the middle class instead.

Reagan cut taxes on the middle class.
Bush cut taxes on the middle class.
Trump cut taxes on the middle class.

Face it.......Dems suck.

Raygun and HW raised taxes on the middle-class. "Read my lips, no new taxes."

Reagan cut taxes, big time.
HW was an idiot to raise taxes.

So where were your Dem tax cuts again?

Why did Raygun raise taxes later, you know since his tax cut was so successful and helped triple the national debt.

Why did Raygun raise taxes later,

Which taxes did he raise? When? Be specific.
Show me the rate and the year, and the new higher rate and the year.

Get cracking!
Unless you're a lying sack of shit?

Can you seriously not even do a basic google search?

Ronnie increased payroll taxes in 1983.

Sounds awful!
By how much?

My wife works for a large bank and makes middle-class money at about $65,000/ year and got a $11.47 A week raise. Yup big middle class tax cut.

How big was the tax cut the Dems gave your wife?

You are an asshole.

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts, but now have no idea what tax-cuts he gave?

Trump claims his tax cuts will be the largest in history, Obama's were larger

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts

Obama was free to hike taxes when the Dems held the House and Senate.
Obama was free to allow all the tax cuts to expire.

Obama's were larger

Really? What were the rates before Obama's cut, what were they after?

Show me the actual numbers.

Can’t have it both ways dumbass.

No, Obama was not responsible, Congress was

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Debbie Wasserman Schultz just now: "I'm not sure that $1,000 goes very far for anyone."

Hey......

I just borrowed $1.5 trillion and you got a thousand

Guess where the rest went?

Math not strong with you?

That's $10,000 over 10 years

I remember when Obama borrowed almost a trillion and all you got was a lousy $400 bucks?
The US Dollar was STRONG under Obama increasing your paychecks buying power. Trump has been stealing your paychecks buying power. In 10 years $10k won't be worth spit! Enjoy being stupid & poor!

fredgraph.png

ch.gaschart

Last edited:
Debbie Wasserman Schultz just now: "I'm not sure that $1,000 goes very far for anyone."

Hey......

I remember when Obama borrowed almost a trillion and all you got was a lousy $400 bucks?
The US Dollar was STRONG under Obama increasing your paychecks buying power. Trump has been stealing your paychecks buying power. In 10 years $10k won't be worth spit! Enjoy being stupid & poor!

fredgraph.png

ch.gaschart
So desperate it's almost funny

Would anyone have voted red a previous election, if the right wing had been honest about price inflation for fuel?

What free money has been handed to wealthy individuals and corporations? What money has been transferred from poor people to rich people? Give me the name of a poor person whose money was handed over to Exxon.

Free money we don't have
Free money that is borrowed
All to give to those who do not need it

Again, whose money was given to them? Is it your premise that someone wrote a check from the government to Exxon or any other corporation?

Our society used to get $1.5 trillion more from corporations to pay for schools, infrastructure, defense, healthcare, social programs

All of which benefit corporations which they no longer support
Maybe Warren Buffet should not have fought the IRS on how much he owed, and the thousands of IRS employees who owe the IRS should pay up. And Hollywood should stop filming offshore to escape taxes.

Fair share you know.

Doesn't even scratch the surface of $1.5 trillion
Guess we need to cut costs.
Welfare reform, stop payments to all sanctuary States and cities.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?
Wait until next year when you find out how much your healthcare cost rise.
Boy, are you gonna be surprised.

In fact, you will find out in October, just before the midterms.

Hey......

And millions of jobs every year.

In fact, we got more jobs a year under Obama in his last four years than Trump did in his first year.

Forum List

Back