🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

First Paycheck Since the New Tax Rates Were Enacted

My wife works for a large bank and makes middle-class money at about $65,000/ year and got a $11.47 A week raise. Yup big middle class tax cut.

How big was the tax cut the Dems gave your wife?

Not the point since they did brag of this yyyyyuuuuugggggeeee tax cut that shockingly does not exist for the middle-class. And remember this was going to hurt Rump, bleev me.

Not the point

How big was the tax cut you got from Bill Clinton in 1993?

Dems never made a claim for a yuyyuuuuggggeeee tax cut. And yes Bill did raise taxes, as did HE and Raygun.

Bill Clinton promised the middle class a tax cut....he lied.
He raised taxes on the middle class instead.

Reagan cut taxes on the middle class.
Bush cut taxes on the middle class.
Trump cut taxes on the middle class.

Face it.......Dems suck.

Clinton also got to balanced budget and presided over arguably the strongest economic growth in modern history.

Real Median income topped out in 1998-2000

chart-1.png

You and mostly loser Republican Presidents can't touch Clinton on economy.

Just ask Trump:

314222.jpg

Last edited:
It's borrowed money, Jesus H you say things that a five year old knows. Hand out free money and people spend it. NO SHIT? Odd how cons love it when the government hands out free taxpayer money to already wealthy corporations and individuals, but they lose their minds when it is given to human beings that actually need to eat or send their kids to the doctor.

Either way it is money borrowed from the American taxpayer to hand over to the wealthy. It is a transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class, via taxes, to the wealthy. It is the Republican government taking money from the poor and middle class and saying "that's not yours" and then giving it to Exxon.

What free money has been handed to wealthy individuals and corporations? What money has been transferred from poor people to rich people? Give me the name of a poor person whose money was handed over to Exxon.

Free money we don't have
Free money that is borrowed
All to give to those who do not need it

Again, whose money was given to them? Is it your premise that someone wrote a check from the government to Exxon or any other corporation?

Our society used to get $1.5 trillion more from corporations to pay for schools, infrastructure, defense, healthcare, social programs

All of which benefit corporations which they no longer support
Maybe Warren Buffet should not have fought the IRS on how much he owed, and the thousands of IRS employees who owe the IRS should pay up. And Hollywood should stop filming offshore to escape taxes.

Fair share you know.

Not the point since they did brag of this yyyyyuuuuugggggeeee tax cut that shockingly does not exist for the middle-class. And remember this was going to hurt Rump, bleev me.

Not the point

Dems never made a claim for a yuyyuuuuggggeeee tax cut. And yes Bill did raise taxes, as did HE and Raygun.

Face it.......Dems suck.

Clinton also got to balanced budget and presided over arguably the strongest economic growth in modern history.

Real Median income topped out in 2000

chart-1.png
Republican Congresses do that.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?

no one is "lying". your cut is temporary. you know that because it has a sunset. no doubt your little bit of extra cash is worth all the disgusting things Donald is doing to this country. however, here, I'm not paying taxes on my state and local taxes. so when will YOU stop lying?

My wife works for a large bank and makes middle-class money at about $65,000/ year and got a $11.47 A week raise. Yup big middle class tax cut.

Not the point

Face it.......Dems suck.

Raygun and HW raised taxes on the middle-class. "Read my lips, no new taxes."

You are an asshole.

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts, but now have no idea what tax-cuts he gave?

Trump claims his tax cuts will be the largest in history, Obama's were larger

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts

Obama was free to hike taxes when the Dems held the House and Senate.
Obama was free to allow all the tax cuts to expire.

Obama's were larger

Really? What were the rates before Obama's cut, what were they after?

Show me the actual numbers.

Not the point

Face it.......Dems suck.

Real Median income topped out in 1998-2000

chart-1.png

You and mostly loser Republican Presidents can't touch Clinton on economy.

Just ask Trump:

Clinton also got to balanced budget

Yeah, the Internet Bubble was cool.
And Newt kinda kept Bubba from spending as he'd have liked.

and presided over arguably the strongest economic growth in modern history.

And he had arguably zero to do with the Internet.

Sounds like something you should take up with the State of Ohio.

I do not know why since it is a federal tax, or am I missing something? It is possible I am not a tax expert.

Ohio implements a state income tax, so they are taking part of that. We have no income tax in Nevada so I get the full tax cut in my check.

I didn't realize that Ohio did not have a state income tax before the Rump tax cut?

Not the point

Face it.......Dems suck.

Reagan cut taxes, big time.
HW was an idiot to raise taxes.

So where were your Dem tax cuts again?

Not the point

Face it.......Dems suck.

Why did Raygun raise taxes later, you know since his tax cut was so successful and helped triple the national debt.

Not the point

Face it.......Dems suck.

Why did Raygun raise taxes later, you know since his tax cut was so successful and helped triple the national debt.

Why did Raygun raise taxes later,

Which taxes did he raise? When? Be specific.
Show me the rate and the year, and the new higher rate and the year.

Get cracking!
Unless you're a lying sack of shit?

the multibillion dollar companies who got huge tax breaks under Trump's tax plan are claiming they now have enough to give their workers a bonus. but these are not poor companies. they could pay their workers a living wage if they chose. but they chose not to!

Think what Dems are saying is that the cuts are forever for the rich, & that for the rest of us they start going away after the 2020 elections, plus we are saddled with the big new addition to the debt. correct me if that's not what they are saying.

Actually do not know how to cut and paste on phone. But surprisingly found that he raised taxes 11 times!

Yup, raised the top rate from 70% all the way up to 28%.

I googled "did Ronald Reagan raise taxes" and of course many things pooped up. But one thing was consistent and that was that indeed he did, 11 times.

You are an asshole.

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts, but now have no idea what tax-cuts he gave?

Trump claims his tax cuts will be the largest in history, Obama's were larger

Had no problem blaming Obama for deficit from extension of Bush's tax cuts

Obama was free to hike taxes when the Dems held the House and Senate.
Obama was free to allow all the tax cuts to expire.

Obama's were larger

Really? What were the rates before Obama's cut, what were they after?

Show me the actual numbers.

Is Obama is responsible for making expiring Bush tax cuts permanent or is he is not?

Can’t have it both ways dumbass.

I saw the statement for my first paycheck for this Friday that uses the new tax rates. I cleared an extra $70. I get paid every two weeks so over the year that amount will be $1820. My wife's should be similar since we make about the same amount. Plus throw in the extra $1,000 child tax credit and by the end of this year we'll have an extra $4,000 to $5,000 in our pockets we wouldn't have had if the new tax legislation hadn't passed. I can use a lot of this money to pay down my student loans faster. We've also talked about redoing our master bathroom.

When will Democrats stop lying and claiming that this legislation won't help the middle class?

Redo a room? Well, unless you employ $75.00 vatos you will like be able to buy a bucket of screws. That said, how is it that no one gets what $1,000 bucks means to a you and your wife and every other normal person? 1,000 bucks is some new tires, maybe an A/C repair on a crappy car, it’s a new wardrobe for the kiddos, it’s a family trip, it’s a new pet, but most importantly, ITS YOUR FUCKING MONEY!!!!! So yeah, it is crumbs when the govt takes a huge chunk of your hard earnend cash and tosses us a bone. But I’ll take the &1,000 and call it a starte. If you redo you own bedroom you can save allot of money. If you have kids, include them. They typically love it. Enjoy your crumbs.

Face it.......Dems suck.

Why did Raygun raise taxes later,

Which taxes did he raise? When? Be specific.
Show me the rate and the year, and the new higher rate and the year.

Get cracking!
Unless you're a lying sack of shit?

Can you seriously not even do a basic google search?

Ronnie increased payroll taxes in 1983.

Last edited:
It's borrowed money, Jesus H you say things that a five year old knows. Hand out free money and people spend it. NO SHIT? Odd how cons love it when the government hands out free taxpayer money to already wealthy corporations and individuals, but they lose their minds when it is given to human beings that actually need to eat or send their kids to the doctor.

Either way it is money borrowed from the American taxpayer to hand over to the wealthy. It is a transfer of wealth from the poor and middle class, via taxes, to the wealthy. It is the Republican government taking money from the poor and middle class and saying "that's not yours" and then giving it to Exxon.

What free money has been handed to wealthy individuals and corporations? What money has been transferred from poor people to rich people? Give me the name of a poor person whose money was handed over to Exxon.

Free money we don't have
Free money that is borrowed
All to give to those who do not need it

Again, whose money was given to them? Is it your premise that someone wrote a check from the government to Exxon or any other corporation?

Our society used to get $1.5 trillion more from corporations to pay for schools, infrastructure, defense, healthcare, social programs

All of which benefit corporations which they no longer support
Maybe Warren Buffet should not have fought the IRS on how much he owed, and the thousands of IRS employees who owe the IRS should pay up. And Hollywood should stop filming offshore to escape taxes.

Fair share you know.

Doesn't even scratch the surface of $1.5 trillion

Forum List

Back