🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Five Cops charged for shooting 15 year old armed robbery suspect.

Five Oklahoma City Police Officers have been charged with First Degree Manslaughter. If convicted they face life in prison.

Now I think we can thank BLM for this. As little as five years ago these cops would never have been charged.
When cops say show us your hands, it's not a suggestion. If you're going to commit armed robbery, you'd damned well better know the rules even if you are only 15.

Where does the Law state that the police can execute a 15yr old accused of committing an Armed Robbery. Please post the specific law on that.

Five Oklahoma City Police Officers have been charged with First Degree Manslaughter. If convicted they face life in prison.

Now I think we can thank BLM for this. As little as five years ago these cops would never have been charged.
He put his hands down and reached into his pockets. Looks like a good shoot.

When cops say show us your hands, it's not a suggestion. If you're going to commit armed robbery, you'd damned well better know the rules even if you are only 15.

Where does the Law state that the police can execute a 15yr old accused of committing an Armed Robbery. Please post the specific law on that.
The law says that anyone anyone has the right of self-defense. If you would like to test this, commit armed robbery and do exactly the same thing this 15 year-old thug did. Please do so. You would be doing everyone a favor, even in your own community.

bart blind.png

There is no law like that of course and it's not why he was shot in the first place. However, there are rules that allow cops to fire to protect themselves and citizens if they perceive a threat.

Yes, he put the gun on the ground but that does not preclude the possibility that he had another one. His mistake was reaching around towards his back after being told to show his hands and get on the ground. As far as the cops knew, he had another weapon tucked in his pants and was reaching for it.

I hope the cops hang for it.

If someone is committing Armed Robberies, taking return fire is part of the hazard ,no? Even if someone is 15 , they chance of being clipped by a cop, the victim or do-gooding passerby is always there.

Personally, if I was on the jury I'd say "tough shit" and vote for Innocence based on the limited information available here

Of course you would because it is a 15yr old black kid.

I didn't look at the story that close, I didn't know what race the kid was. From his name, it sounded like he was a White Hispanic.

I hope the cops hang for it.

If someone is committing Armed Robberies, taking return fire is part of the hazard ,no? Even if someone is 15 , they chance of being clipped by a cop, the victim or do-gooding passerby is always there.

Personally, if I was on the jury I'd say "tough shit" and vote for Innocence based on the limited information available here

Of course you would because it is a 15yr old black kid.
He's black?

40324022-9351371-Stavian_Rodriguez_15_was_shot_after_he_was_allegedly_a_part_of_a-a-17_1615477474253.jpg

The law says that anyone anyone has the right of self-defense. If you would like to test this, commit armed robbery and do exactly the same thing this 15 year-old thug did. Please do so. You would be doing everyone a favor, even in your own community.

Maybe it can happen close to your house and the police miss and the stray bullet catches your racist ass right in the ass.

Yea because you believe they should be able to gun down black men with no Justice being served. Who is surprised.

Find a post where I advocated that. I purposely was neutral in this one. I wanted the usual cops are never wrong folks to run with it.

Now. As to what I believe. I have advocated for additional training for cops. More situational awareness training. More accountability from the cops. I nearly never object when the cops or anyone shoots an armed attacker. I nearly never object when the cops return fire. I almost always object when an unarmed person is shot. Those objections have nothing to do with race.

I was not raised to see a Black Man. I was taught to see a man who happened to be black. I was taught to see the person, not the color. I was taught to view the actions, not the color.

Now your knee jerk reaction aside. I think the actions of BLM have resulted in some good things, like these cops being charged. I was serious when I said five years ago they would not have been charged. I do not, generally speaking, ever condone or support shooting an unarmed individual.

Generally speaking. If you find them in your home uninvited I would allow it. Regardless of your color or theirs. But the scenarios where i would side with the person shooting an unarmed individual are very few and far between. Most of them would be considered extreme.

I don’t give a fiddlers fuck what color someone is. It is never a factor in determining what I believe is right or wrong. Read my posts. You will see that to be an accurate statement.

This says to me that either the police are not being properly trained or they are hiring people incapable of being trained.

Police officers are trained not to take any shit, and to shoot to kill if they are being threatened. Sounds like they learned their lessons well.

That's why they shoot people no questions asked if they are threatening.

Nobody has to be shot 13 times to stop them. Spraying that many bullets is what gets innocent people shot.

Did anyone note that this case sort of demolishes the claim that wacism is what motivates police to use force?

I care less for that argument. I don't care what excuse you use. Stop it and there is no argument to be made.

The wacism argument is the goal of BLM and liberals. It is used and will always dominate the discussion. Which sidetracks the discussion and undermines any attempted solutions.

You haven't noticed how we spend so much time hunting for wacists, but never seem to really solve problems?

And as we see in this case, it is not the actual problem.

Yea because you believe they should be able to gun down black men with no Justice being served. Who is surprised.

Find a post where I advocated that. I purposely was neutral in this one. I wanted the usual cops are never wrong folks to run with it.

Now. As to what I believe. I have advocated for additional training for cops. More situational awareness training. More accountability from the cops. I nearly never object when the cops or anyone shoots an armed attacker. I nearly never object when the cops return fire. I almost always object when an unarmed person is shot. Those objections have nothing to do with race.

I was not raised to see a Black Man. I was taught to see a man who happened to be black. I was taught to see the person, not the color. I was taught to view the actions, not the color.

Now your knee jerk reaction aside. I think the actions of BLM have resulted in some good things, like these cops being charged. I was serious when I said five years ago they would not have been charged. I do not, generally speaking, ever condone or support shooting an unarmed individual.

Generally speaking. If you find them in your home uninvited I would allow it. Regardless of your color or theirs. But the scenarios where i would side with the person shooting an unarmed individual are very few and far between. Most of them would be considered extreme.

I don’t give a fiddlers fuck what color someone is. It is never a factor in determining what I believe is right or wrong. Read my posts. You will see that to be an accurate statement.
Seeking justice from a keyboard is a far cry from serving it on the front line when confronting an armed and or violent suspect. Just saying.

Seeking justice from a keyboard is a far cry from serving it on the front line when confronting an armed and or violent suspect. Just saying.

I did nine years in the Army. I was there with people trying to kill me. The reason I never even considered joining the cops wasn’t fear. It was the knowledge that I would not lie. Not to save myself. Not to save another. That would mean the other cops would get me.

Just as they always do.

I visit friends in those bad neighborhoods that scare the cops so much. They don’t scare me. I go in the day and at night.

This says to me that either the police are not being properly trained or they are hiring people incapable of being trained.

Police officers are trained not to take any shit, and to shoot to kill if they are being threatened. Sounds like they learned their lessons well.

Nobody has to be shot 13 times to stop them. Spraying that many bullets is what gets innocent people shot.

Did anyone note that this case sort of demolishes the claim that wacism is what motivates police to use force?

I care less for that argument. I don't care what excuse you use. Stop it and there is no argument to be made.

The wacism argument is the goal of BLM and liberals. It is used and will always dominate the discussion. Which sidetracks the discussion and undermines any attempted solutions.

You haven't noticed how we spend so much time hunting for wacists, but never seem to really solve problems?

You'll get over it. People have in the past.

I did nine years in the Army. I was there with people trying to kill me. The reason I never even considered joining the cops wasn’t fear. It was the knowledge that I would not lie. Not to save myself. Not to save another. That would mean the other cops would get me.

Just as they always do.

I visit friends in those bad neighborhoods that scare the cops so much. They don’t scare me. I go in the day and at night.
I have no idea what that has to do with my comment, even if true.

We were talking about the problem of police excessive force. You claim it is a big issue for you. YOu just admitted that wace distracts from discussing that problem yet you... seem oddly resistant to discussing the ramifications of that, ie that the problem won't be properly addressed if it is assumed to be wacism and the proposed solutions are based on that.

And I won't get over it. The way that issues are never properly identified and instead are just allowed to fester, because of an obsession with wace, will continue to fuck up my society and cause problems for me and mine.

We were talking about the problem of police excessive force. You claim it is a big issue for you. YOu just admitted that wace distracts from discussing that problem yet you... seem oddly resistant to discussing the ramifications of that, ie that the problem won't be properly addressed if it is assumed to be wacism and the proposed solutions are based on that.

And I won't get over it. The way that issues are never properly identified and instead are just allowed to fester, because of an obsession with wace, will continue to fuck up my society and cause problems for me and mine.

I didn't say that racism doesn't play a role. I said I want the issue addressed and the reasons no longer matter.

You support firing and charging these officers?

I didn't say that racism doesn't play a role. I said I want the issue addressed and the reasons no longer matter.

You support firing and charging these officers?

1. I do. I suspect that the cause was a lack of clear control by the senior officer and panic. I think the investigation should focus on who fired first and why. The training that has the other officers open up when they heard a shot, is also at fault.

2. But to the larger problem. If all the solutions assume that wacism is the primary problem, then they will fail to actually fix the problem, and indeed, could make it worse.

3. They will give politicians something to point at as say, "look, addressing the problem", while saving the problem to use for partisan advantage in the future, ie their real goal.

Forum List

Back