Flash Flood on I5 in California. No doubt our resident sheep will claim "global warming!"

But, as anyone who actually has lived in the region knows this is a normal occurrence. It is after all a DESERT. What happens in deserts? Yep...flash floods.

Carry on!
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available
The Grapevine isn't a desert...it's the mountains.

But, as anyone who actually has lived in the region knows this is a normal occurrence. It is after all a DESERT. What happens in deserts? Yep...flash floods.

Carry on!

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Might want to check your facts there bucko... Average precip for most of the grapevine area is under 10 inches annually.

Carry on!

Might want to check your facts there bucko...
I like near there and travel the Grapevine 2-3 times a year, Westwall. It's part of the Coastal Range where it curves in towards the Sierra Nevada. Mountain area.

Carry on!

I like near there and travel the Grapevine 2-3 times a year, Westwall. It's part of the Coastal Range where it curves in towards the Sierra Nevada. Mountain area.

Yes, I know. I used to live in Frazier Park. Trust me, I know the area extremely well. Ever been to Lockwood Valley? How about the old Fort Tejon?

Carry on!

Yes, I know. I used to live in Frazier Park. Trust me, I know the area extremely well. Ever been to Lockwood Valley? How about the old Fort Tejon?
Yep...Never gone up to Frazier MOUNTAIN yet...looks cool.

I will carry on.. Neither flood, nor mud nor drought nor fire will keep me from my appointed rounds.. :cool-45:

Poor OldSocks -- That drought map is about to turn all yellow.. :crybaby:
U.S. Drought Monitor

U.S. Drought Monitor | U.S. Drought Portal

The predictions are for California to recieve a lot of moisture. Texas recieved a lot of moisture earlier this year, and, right now, parts of it are back in drought. However, the El Nino predictions are also for Texas and the south to get a lot of rain.

The Pacific Northwest? Looks like we may stay in drought. Hope what moisture we do get comes down as snow this winter. Don't need another year like this year.

Here we go again...........you'd think the climate crusaders who are constantly blabbering about this California drought would have learned by now. Their stuff always ends up getting decimated on these types of threads!! Why? Because Im always there to throw the AGW crusaders under the bus with THIS >>>

[URL=http://s42.photobucket.com/user/baldaltima/media/Drought-Maps-1896-2012.png.html][/URL]

duh

Drought comes..........drought goes..............sometimes here............sometimes not. As it always has and always will.:coffee:

Astute folks will notice that any time we are talking about drought in this forum it is always about the "current" drought!!!:2up::boobies::boobies:

duh

Last edited:
These threads always recall the brilliant movie, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"..........when the black knight attempts to defeat Sir Lancelot in a sword fight, gets both arms and legs cut completely off yet proclaims himself the victor as Lancelot gallups away!!!

That was Arthur, not Lancelot.
And the Black Knight called it a "draw", not himself the victor.
And it's "gallop", not "gallup".

I won't even bother with the rest of that diarrhea post.

Carry on!

Strawman/Speculation Fallacy.

:talktothehand:

The paleo record says it is as does the geological record too... who is speculating? it certainly isn't Westwall..

As we can see from the historical map of drought in the US above........in 38 years over the last 115, there was 0 drought in California. Comes and goes s0ns................:bye1::bye1:

Carry on!

Strawman/Speculation Fallacy.

:talktothehand:

The paleo record says it is as does the geological record too... who is speculating? it certainly isn't Westwall..

Ahem. The TITLE. Read the TITLE.

These threads always recall the brilliant movie, "Monty Python and the Holy Grail"..........when the black knight attempts to defeat Sir Lancelot in a sword fight, gets both arms and legs cut completely off yet proclaims himself the victor as Lancelot gallups away!!!

Indeed........but as per usual, progressives can never connect the dots on abstracts. Non-AGW nutters understand the implication.:beer:

Carry on!

Might want to check your facts there bucko... Average precip for most of the grapevine area is under 10 inches annually.
And...?....That doesn't necessarily a desert make....it's the coastal MOUNTAINS.

Once again...........the historical drought map provides the good old knobby cucumber to the AGW hoaxers!!:2up::eusa_dance::eusa_dance:

Indeed........but as per usual, progressives can never connect the dots on abstracts. Non-AGW nutters understand the implication.:beer:

Look, you can run your emoticon-infested comic books and obsess over your Koch-snorting climate bullshit all you like -- but you do NOT misquote Monty Python. :nono:

Carry on!

And...?....That doesn't necessarily a desert make....it's the coastal MOUNTAINS.

The definition of desert is any geomorphic area that receives ten inches or less per year of precipitation. That ENTIRE region of SoCal qualifies as desert.

This particular mud slide on the Grapevine you can chalk up to the drought killing ground cover so nothing to hold the top layer when the rains came yesterday.

Nope. You can chalk it up to the fact that the whole region is shattered rock due to the fact that the San Andreas Fault transits the Grapevine region. It's called the "Big Bend" and further the strata in the area are tilted up beyond the angle of repose in many areas. Flash floods are common as dirt and the current drought has no bearing on the flooding going on.

Carry on!

Yep...Never gone up to Frazier MOUNTAIN yet...looks cool.

There's an old lookout on the top and hang gliders like to use it as a take off point. It's an easy hike. I've done it probably 50 times over the years.

Forum List

Back