Florida allows teens to buy an AR 15 , no gun license needed.

Florida barley has any laws at all !

Gun laws in Florida - Wikipedia

At first I wondered how Cruz was approved for a license. Turns out ya don’t need one ! You can get An AR , but have to wait till 21 for a handgun . With little restrictions.

And the cons there blame the sheriff and fbi for failing . What legal tools does Florida supply that they can use to stop nuts and criminals from packing ?
In MOST States one does not require a LICENSE to exercise a legal right protected by the Constitution dumb ass.

At first I wondered how Cruz was approved for a license. Turns out ya don’t need one ! You can get An AR , but have to wait till 21 for a handgun . With little restrictions.

And the cons there blame the sheriff and fbi for failing . What legal tools does Florida supply that they can use to stop nuts and criminals from packing ?

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-15........maybe those weapons help with the acne problems?

No, but lessening the amount of time you spend whacking off might. YOU may want to make a note of that.

You are a lying troll pos. No license is required to own a gun.

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-15........maybe those weapons help with the acne problems?
There once was a time we raised responsible kids. Then liberalism started know we have this.
27654706_2019790874925741_1281021088260006283_n.jpg

And, in today's news, it turns out that the Georgia teacher who fired his gun in class this week is wacko, but the school did not know it. He torched his own car a couple of years back, and the police took three rifles away from him.

Well...they could have used Florida Law to stop him, if they had desired.

Just last week a youngster in Boynton Beach, FL wrote he was going to
shoot up a school. Palm Beach County Deputies (County directly above
Broward) arrested him and confiscated his weapon.

At the same time, another youngster in Clay County (East Of Jacksonville)
made a similar threat and he was also arrested with his weapon seized.

Broward County schools had the highest arrest rate in the nation 5 or 6
years ago. They changed to assist the little scholars. They stopped
arresting them and started talking to them. Now we have 17 dead people.
What's their next plan going to be?

Just for the record, there is no county east of Jacksonville unless you are talking somewhere in western Africa. Clay County is southwest of Jacksonville.

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-!5........It helps with the acne problems.

No .22 pea shooter pistol till you are 21 . But here’s a military style weapon that will blow a baseball sized whole in people !

I reckon you never seen what 12 gauge .00 Buck does. Of course not, I bet you've never even smelled Cordite.

I’ve taken my gun safety course and gone shoot a couple times. Haven’t put in for a license yet.
It's a travesty... an abomination that you 'have' to!!!

Not really . Travesty is 17 kids being gunned down.
Yes, because the Obama administration wanted kids not to be reported to the police, when they committed crimes. If they did, the shooter wouldn't of got the gun. Blame liberal policies on this one.

So you rail against guns and don't know the laws?

Federal law makes it illegal for anyone under the age of 21 to purchase a handgun.

Most states have laws that make it illegal for anyone under the age of 18 to purchase a long gun.

Thirty six states do not require one a gun license.

This is not news. Consider yourself educated.

And, in today's news, it turns out that the Georgia teacher who fired his gun in class this week is wacko, but the school did not know it. He torched his own car a couple of years back, and the police took three rifles away from him.

What kind of car was it? If it was a Chrysler product, he sounds perfectly sane to me!

I've had one or two cars I'd have liked to give that treatment to.

They tried interventions, according to PROMISE guidelines.
'Interventions'?

While active duty in the military I sat down beside a new young airman just before a meeting, and I noticed how incredibly talented he was at drawing - his art was almost like photographs. I was astonished while watching him draw....then I noticed what he was drawing. I struck up a conversation, complimented his drawing, and then asked him if I could take a look at his work. I thumbed through his pad - all of his art work was incredible - all of his art work was extremely violent, messed up, and depicted graphic violence. I immediately talked to my commander, the JAG, and a few others after the meeting.

Within 2 hours after the meeting he was taken into custody, given a psych eval, his quarters and car were legally searched, and weapons and evidence of his intent to commit violence was found. Within 5 hours he was under custody, on suicide watch, and in a cell.

It does not take 40+ visits, people telling you the guy is a freak capable of / planning violence, or 'interventions' to take action and possibly save lives....IMO / experience.

Yes, thank God you found the only person in the Chair Force with testicles!

How many of those drawings jumped off the page and attacked someone?

You are as bad as the liberal thought police!

Most states do not require a license to buy a gun. In fact I believe that was ruled to be unconstitutional.
If Mental Illness had ever been adequately addressed in this country and / or if adequate background checks on this guy - checks which should include social media checks IMO - had ever been done I doubt he would have ever been allowed to buy a gun.

Social media checks? How much freedom do want to give up?

Exactly. Now place yourself in Parkland, you notice this and you inform the principal. He has a sit down chat with the student, they talk about and plan further interventions, they encourage the student to talk about his feeling and then turn him loose with scheduled appointments to talk further.

Days later, bang bang.

Nice story, brau.... This kid had been suspended / expelled. He was known to be disgruntled. He was reported on by his neighbors. The Sheriff and deputies had been called on him over 40 times. The FBI had been called on him.

At some point between sheriff / deputy visit #25 or so and 'bang, bang' the 'intervention' that was needed was him being taken in for evaluation and/or questioning while his place of residence was searched. MORE could have been done. More should have been done. The ball was seriously dropped....

By what right would you search his residence?

There was likely nothing there was illegal. Why are you so quick to live in a world where your thoughts,and not your actions are considered crimes?

Last edited:
Do what ? What’s a vauge online threat going to result in ? Florida has no license requirement .
An on-line threat to shoot up a school and Florida's lack of a requirement to have a license are 2 separate issues. The threat reported to the police by someone using the same name as the shooter was not 'vague', but good false attempt to claim so in an attempt to try to make your point.

As I pointed out, a grandmother found a journal in which her grandson wrote he was planning to shoot up a school - the kid was picked up by the police.

Our school district right now is facing a huge problem. Don't like someone? Go create a fake Facebook account and load it up with terrorist sympathizing videos, white supremacist organization crap, and vague threats to shoot up the school. Then you sit back and watch as little Timmy gets hauled in by the cops while you laugh your ass off!

That is until they trace it back to your computer and lock your ass up! Teenagers are so fucking stupid!

No the lax security at the school allowed a person who had absolutely no business in the school to just walk in and start shooting
That's what I don't understand. How does a dude smuggle a rifle into a school? Down his pants?

I am not convinced he acted alone.

I heard somewhere that he banged on a door and some kid just let him in.

This is why all doors need to be locked and need to be secured so only a teacher can open them.

If this idiot had only one way to get in that was monitored and secured the whole thing could have been avoided.

https://us.allegion.com/content/dam...o_Keep_Your_School_Building_Secure_109078.pdf

Yeah, that always works great in case of a fire or other reason you have to get out of the school!

Your link is is a website for a company selling security equipment!

Dumbass! They are trying to sell you shit that won't work and might get MORE people killed.

For right wingers, the NRA and their funders, the gun manufacturers, EVERY teenager should have an AR-!5........It helps with the acne problems.

No .22 pea shooter pistol till you are 21 . But here’s a military style weapon that will blow a baseball sized whole in people !
Your gun ignorance amuses me. You think an AR-15 is more dangerous than a pistol in a school? You think AR-15s make baseball sized holes in people? Christ, you people need to learn not to talk about things you don't understand.

The P.R.O.M.I.S.E program employed in Broward County Public Schools is more directly responsible for the 17 deaths than the gun, the NRA, or President Trump.

PROMISE was one of 0bama’s pet projects.

Explain how ? What would’ve been any different without the Program?

Look it up but here’s a synopsis:

Before the PROMISE program, Brevard County Public Schools led the nation in what the left liked to call the high school to jail pipeline. PROMISE was brought in to stop that. Instead of reporting troubled and troubling students to law enforcement, schools were encouraged to use intervention techniques instead. If and when a student was then reported to law enforcement, they were then encouraged to use more interventions and not send these students into the judicial system. In other words, don’t report kids to the police and then if you do, then the police don’t arrest them.

Yeah . For petty MISDEMEANORS , which wouldn’t show on Fed background checks . Plus , he was a minor . Still wouldn’t show up with the Feds.

Florida law doesn’t have a catch for that . Unlike other states .

Blaming obama but not the nra . That’s rich .

Cruz was 19, he was not a minor. The school knew he was dangerous, the sheriff's department knew he was dangerous, and the FBI knew he was dangerous. If they couldn't arrest him, they should have had him under constant surveillance, just like any other suspected terrorist.

However, I believe that with all the threats that he had made, they could have taken him before a judge and had him placed on a mental hold. In addition, with all the domestic disturbance calls that the sheriff's office answered, they could have removed his guns under domestic violence statutes. However, they did nothing and innocent children died and were wounded.

The PROMISE program.

Exactly. Now place yourself in Parkland, you notice this and you inform the principal. He has a sit down chat with the student, they talk about and plan further interventions, they encourage the student to talk about his feeling and then turn him loose with scheduled appointments to talk further.

Days later, bang bang.

Nice story, brau.... This kid had been suspended / expelled. He was known to be disgruntled. He was reported on by his neighbors. The Sheriff and deputies had been called on him over 40 times. The FBI had been called on him.

At some point between sheriff / deputy visit #25 or so and 'bang, bang' the 'intervention' that was needed was him being taken in for evaluation and/or questioning while his place of residence was searched. MORE could have been done. More should have been done. The ball was seriously dropped....

Do what ? What’s a vauge online threat going to result in ? Florida has no license requirement .

Massachusetts does . It’s done by the local PD . Who would’ve known he was trouble and denied him a license to buy a firearm .

I doubt that according to Mass. Law, the police could have taken his gun due to a vague online threat.

The kid in Parkland was a known troubled kid. Not just a one time vague threat. But nothing was done because the school and the police didn’t want to do anything. They went with the PROMISE guidelines.

Under mass law he doesn't get that far . He would be denied a license , which is needed to buy a weapon .

Cruz should have been stopped by existing Florida Law. He wasn’t. Likely because of PROMISE.

No the lax security at the school allowed a person who had absolutely no business in the school to just walk in and start shooting
That's what I don't understand. How does a dude smuggle a rifle into a school? Down his pants?

I am not convinced he acted alone.

I heard somewhere that he banged on a door and some kid just let him in.

This is why all doors need to be locked and need to be secured so only a teacher can open them.

If this idiot had only one way to get in that was monitored and secured the whole thing could have been avoided.

https://us.allegion.com/content/dam...o_Keep_Your_School_Building_Secure_109078.pdf

Yeah, that always works great in case of a fire or other reason you have to get out of the school!

Your link is is a website for a company selling security equipment!

Dumbass! They are trying to sell you shit that won't work and might get MORE people killed.

Wow you illustrate once again why you are too fucking stupid to teach.

It's not fucking rocket science to have doors open automatically if a fire alarm is pulled and if there is a fire alarm pulled aren't the teachers supposed to lead the kids out?
So tell me how only giving teachers the ability to open emergency doors with either a key or a key card going to hamper exit in an emergency?

For any non emergency teachers and students alike can exit via one set of doors.

Forum List

Back