🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Florida high school students stage second amendment support walkout

yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.
Ban on assault weapons didn’t reduce violence

cause it didn't work last time. why will it now?

we have to look at ourselves and why we find so little value in human life. in germany 80 people went at it with machetes. in london, they kill more people than in new york.

it's not just us. it's an extreme time we live in and extreme measures seldom work as well as calming down to think about how we can cooperate for change.
You can't prove a negative, but as soon as the ban expired, the mass shooting rate and the number killed in mass shootings TRIPLED in the following year. The mass shooting rate had been climbing, which is why the ban was instituted. It didn't bring it down but it held it steady, it looks like. Without it, no one can "prove" what would have happened, but the shooting deaths after it was off certainly seems to be a pretty strong "coincidence," doesn't it?

Spreading continuous bullshit is your new aim?

The AR-15 was NOT an assault weapon and was never banned.

The mass shooting rate has been climbing? Actually I think you will find the opposite is true.
The AR-15 was banned in the assault weapon ban. Look it up; I did.
Mass shootings have been climbing since the ban expired. Whether it has reached the rates in the 90's which precipitated the first ban, I don't know.

it is true that the guns Feinstein wants to ban show up more frequently in the modern mass shootings with the highest death tolls. But two points should be kept in mind when considering those attacks.

First, it is clearly possible to carry out attacks similar to yesterday's, which killed 17 people, without using "assault weapons." Nine of the mass shootings with the 20 highest death tolls involved handguns or long guns that are not covered by Feinstein's bill. That includes the third deadliest mass shooting, which killed 32 people at Virginia Tech in 2007, as well as two other attacks that killed 17 or more people.

Second, the fact that the perpetrators of the deadliest mass shootings tend to favor "assault weapons" does not mean that choice makes the attacks deadlier than they otherwise would be. That proposition seems pretty doubtful in light of the "assault weapon" definitions used by legislators, which are based on appearance rather than lethality.

An 'Assault Weapon' Ban Won't Stop Mass Shootings

yea.

they're using the kids to push their narrative. i call that hiding cause they make no headway on their own so they *use* these kids to keep pushing how they feel about it.

if you're fine with it, great. i'd rather both sides quit being stubborn and find a middle ground. but the calls to ban semi automatic weapons and so forth are far from "common sense" approaches.
How about just banning military-style semiautomatic rifles like the AR? And a whole lot of other policy changes like tightening background checks and investing in research into what is causing such a lot of gun violence and what to do about it.
We gotta slow this train down.
Ban on assault weapons didn’t reduce violence

cause it didn't work last time. why will it now?

we have to look at ourselves and why we find so little value in human life. in germany 80 people went at it with machetes. in london, they kill more people than in new york.

it's not just us. it's an extreme time we live in and extreme measures seldom work as well as calming down to think about how we can cooperate for change.
You can't prove a negative, but as soon as the ban expired, the mass shooting rate and the number killed in mass shootings TRIPLED in the following year. The mass shooting rate had been climbing, which is why the ban was instituted. It didn't bring it down but it held it steady, it looks like. Without it, no one can "prove" what would have happened, but the shooting deaths after it was off certainly seems to be a pretty strong "coincidence," doesn't it?

Spreading continuous bullshit is your new aim?

The AR-15 was NOT an assault weapon and was never banned.

The mass shooting rate has been climbing? Actually I think you will find the opposite is true.
The AR-15 was banned in the assault weapon ban. Look it up; I did.
Mass shootings have been climbing since the ban expired. Whether it has reached the rates in the 90's which precipitated the first ban, I don't know.

in the effort to come at the AR15 however, you miss the most commonly used weapon. semi-automatic handguns.

Weapons used in mass shootings in the U.S. 1982-2017 | Statistic

my guess is people see the mean looking gun and put a lot of blame on it. but again when pressed, most people wanting it banned can't state any real differences between it and sporting rifle. mag capacity? sure. so we have 10 rounds now and that was used in parkland.

the answer from the left is "ban" at almost every turn and that simply won't work and this time effort and energy would be much better served finding common ground solutions that actually address the overall issues.

this isn't just a "ar15" problem. not when you step back and look at the entire picture. and banning all guns isn't going to happen - but this is where we are and where we're going to be as long as people address surface level issues and not the core problem.

Evidently not, otherwise the numbers would be reversed. Wouldn't they?.

Evidently, yes. For one, you haven't established that 32,000 people die from hands and feet, and for two, a gun makes it easy to kill 58 people in a minute.

I think that clear backpacks will chase away the shooters

Funny how Conservatives attack liberals for being hippies when Conservatives are the ones chanting "Just be nice" and wanting everyone to hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

There is no "argument." There is you vomiting Marxist propaganda. That isn't an argument, that isn't anything. That's just you waiting until you can monopolize government guns and shut me up permanently

There's definitely an argument; I don't believe individuals in this country should be able to buy and own guns, you think they should even though you also say that people are the problem.

So your position makes no sense; people are the problem, but let's give people guns.

Driver who was allegedly texting kills 13 elderly churchgoers.

There is a public campaign against texting while driving, and the driver himself lost his license and has to pay the consequences for his actions.

Gun owners don't pay the consequences for their actions, particularly when one of their guns is stolen and/or lost.

emember ahole, ONE IS TOO MANY, are you ready to smash your phone and demand the destruction of all cell towers?

Texting while driving is against the law. There's a public campaign against it. Also, your incident is a year old...whats the matter? Couldn't find a more recent incident? Too bad because I can point to two weeks ago for the last school shooting.

Driver who was allegedly texting kills 13 elderly churchgoers.

There is a public campaign against texting while driving, and the driver himself lost his license and has to pay the consequences for his actions.

Gun owners don't pay the consequences for their actions, particularly when one of their guns is stolen and/or lost.
name 1 shooter that didn't kill themselves or got off scott free for their actions.

3rd layer of bullshit and you're out.

2016 Nice attack - WikipediaMaybe you heard about this? ^^^^^

Yeah, that was two years ago...we just had a mass shooting in Tulsa 2 days ago; 3 family members were killed in a domestic violence incident by their father/husband. On March 14th in Brooklyn, 3 family members were killed in a domestic violence incident by their father/husband. In both cases, the people were killed with guns.

Speeders often get caught for speeding before they kill someone. .

But only because of speed limits.

Drunks often get caught for DUI before they kill someone..

But only because of checkpoints and drunk driving laws.

Criminals hiding guns under their clothes can't be detected until they either show it or use it. By then, it is usually too fucking late to save the victim.

Exactly...so if people are the problem, and it's impossible to predict when a shooter will strike, why give people guns?

A complete ban of (law against) guns would not affect criminals at all.

Sure it would since all criminals get guns from "responsible gun owners". No gun "falls off a truck". All guns that end up in the hands of criminals start off as legal guns in the hands of "responsible gun owners". Then the "responsible gun owners" make the choice to either have their gun stolen, lose it, or sell it to a shady character because they need the money. People cannot be trusted with guns. Period. Full stop. This thread is proof. All the gun owners are oversensitive, paranoid, poor people who can't be trusted to act responsibly with their firearms.

Your argument is that an apple equals an orange. You are full of shit.

You don't even know how to argue...all you know is repetition.

Evidently not, otherwise the numbers would be reversed. Wouldn't they?.

Evidently, yes. For one, you haven't established that 32,000 people die from hands and feet, and for two, a gun makes it easy to kill 58 people in a minute.

Talk about fucking trash, feel free to show where rifles killed 32,000 people and no one EVER killed 58 people in a minute with a gun. You're just a dishonest piece of shit playing with numbers that don't exist in the real world.

Forum List

Back