Florida Is on Its Way to Banning -- and Criminalizing -- Alternative Meat

Why should this be made illegal? What is the societal harm that makes legislation banning cell-cultivated meat a good idea?

Shouldn't this be a free-market sort of decision, rather than a government one? If people want it, let them pay for it. If they don't, the industry won't take hold. Why does the government need to step in and ban it?

Today, there are more than 886 thousand head of cattle and 15,000 beef producers throughout Florida.

The 20 million meat eaters in Florida probably appreciate the bill as well.

211123_GrafikCleanMeatENG-1800x1800.jpg

Authoritarian Governor DeSantis is not content w/just banning it, which is bad enough, he wants to criminalize it.

Republicans, the party of "small government."

Everybody's cool w/this?
I’m good with it. It’s not meat. You can’t call it meat, you can’t sell it as meat. It’s not fucking meat.

Authoritarian Governor DeSantis is not content w/just banning it, which is bad enough, he wants to criminalize it.

Everybody's cool w/this?

Freedumb!!!

This is further proof that Republicans are incapable of sound, responsible governance.

Florida has among the worst public education systems in the country, facing a teacher shortage with teachers leaving the state; Florida has a homeowners’ insurance crisis where residents are paying crippling insurance premiums or are unable to afford insurance at all; and Florida is threated by the consequence of human-caused climate change with more powerful and destructive storms, loss of coral reefs, and land erosion.

Yet given these issues and more, ‘fake meat’ is the ridiculous nonsense Republicans waste time on.
And oddly people keep moving there. In droves.. it’s one of the fastest growing states in the country.

Everybody's cool w/this?

I have no problem with requiring labels. I'd like to know what I'm buying.

Everybody's cool w/this?
Fuck the free market says the MAGATs.

Forum List

Back