Florida Legislature approves carrying concealed loaded guns without permits

Will it increase or decease crime? Will Floridians be safer with it or less safe, that too is a Right.

No.......as long as I don't use my Right to commit a crime, you have no legal recourse against me.........

People would be far safer if they were not allowed to move freely without government permission, if they had to get government permission to write, and vote, and every other thing we do.......

That isn't how our Rights work......

And Interest Balancing is not how Rights work.............

No.......as long as I don't use my Right to commit a crime, you have no legal recourse against me.........

People would be far safer if they were not allowed to move freely without government permission, if they had to get government permission to write, and vote, and every other thing we do.......

That isn't how our Rights work......

And Interest Balancing is not how Rights work.............
Sorry to disagree with your legal analysis but, I do.

It's a glorious day in FL!
Constitutional carry? Approved! :yes_text12:
Sorry but no.

The Republicans sold us out on this one. There is no real Constitution carry. There is no open carry, only no permit needed for concealed carry.

The Tourist lobby owns the Democrats and RINOs here in Florida. It is disgusting.

I am disappointed in DeSantis for two things:

1. For signing the goddamn Internet Tax when he ran on platform of of no new taxes.

2. Not insisting that the Legislature have real Constitutional Carry that would include open carry.

DeSantis is better than just about anybody else and I will vote for him but he is like all politicians and is willing to compromise our Liberty.

Never trust any politician.

Will it increase or decease crime? Will Floridians be safer with it or less safe, that too is a Right.
Florida is a "shall issue" state. It is very easy to get a CWP. There are 2.5 million CWP in the state. Just about anybody that wants to carry can.

It is still a crime to use a firearm for a crime. Those that have criminal intentions for concealed carry will do it regardless of the law.

Most gun owners will continue to get the permit because it allows a circumvention of the waiting period when purchasing a firearm from a FFL.

In reality not much will change. In my household I will continue to renew my CWP. My wife doesn't have a CWP but it will allow her to carry a pistol in her purse if she wants, but I doubt she ever will.

If you think it make Florida less safe then there is a great solution. Just don't come here if you live out of state. If you live in the state then move out where you will more safe.

Sorry but no.

The Republicans sold us out on this one. There is no real Constitution carry. There is no open carry, only no permit needed for concealed carry.

The Tourist lobby owns the Democrats and RINOs here in Florida. It is disgusting.

I am disappointed in DeSantis for two things:

1. For signing the goddamn Internet Tax when he ran on platform of of no new taxes.

2. Not insisting that the Legislature have real Constitutional Carry that would include open carry.

DeSantis is better than just about anybody else and I will vote for him but he is like all politicians and is willing to compromise our Liberty.

Never trust any politician.

They are all mercenaries....but left wing politicians are driven by the need to control.........any Republican is generally better than a democrat, generally......unless they are a rino, which is a real case of the lesser of two evils.....

In the Primary I vote for who I want, in the general I vote against every single democrat I can vote against....that is the only equation that actually makes sense...

I would never sit out an election......democrats need to lose every seat, even if it means a squish republican takes the seat....they will be bad, but they won't be actively trying to destroy our country.

And Desantis?

He is my choice for 2024.....over Trump.....but I will vote for Trump if it comes down to it...

DeSantis will sign it soon if he has not already.

DeSantis is a real 2A supporter.....Trump not so much, remember the bump-stock ban?

BTW.....That's the 25th state to do so.
You opposed the bump stock ban?

Florida is a "shall issue" state. It is very easy to get a CWP. There are 2.5 million CWP in the state. Just about anybody that wants to carry can.

It is still a crime to use a firearm for a crime. Those that have criminal intentions for concealed carry will do it regardless of the law.

Most gun owners will continue to get the permit because it allows a circumvention of the waiting period when purchasing a firearm from a FFL.

In reality not much will change. In my household I will continue to renew my CWP. My wife doesn't have a CWP but it will allow her to carry a pistol in her purse if she wants, but I doubt she ever will.

If you think it make Florida less safe then there is a great solution. Just don't come here if you live out of state. If you live in the state then move out where you will more safe.
I live here. I have a better idea. You leave. And take DeSantis with you.

I live here. I have a better idea. You leave. And take DeSantis with you.
Sorry but me and millions of my fellow Floridians love DeSantis. Best Governor the state ever had and the best one in the country now.

If you are afraid to live in a state that allows permitless carry then New York or California would be glad to get you.

My family has been in Florida since before the Civil War so we ain't leaving.

B4D9E406-5967-40CA-936A-44B446B8C947_jpe-2769215.JPG

I honestly don't know if having everyone carry a gun is a good idea or not but I appreciate Florida experimenting on it's citizens so we can all learn. Me, I'm content to be in the control group.

I honestly don't know if having everyone carry a gun is a good idea or not
Did you notice how you mischaracterized the change in FL law?
I did.
Why did you do that?
but I appreciate Florida experimenting on it's citizens so we can all learn
FL is the -26th- state to do away with a permit to carry a concealed handgun.
The idea isn't new.

Did you notice how you mischaracterized the change in FL law?
I did.
Why did you do that?
I'm not familiar with the law and don't care enough to learn it. I presume that making gun use easier will make gun use more common.

FL is the -26th- state to do away with a permit to carry a concealed handgun.
The idea isn't new.
I look forward to the evaluation of scholars on it's effectiveness.

Forum List

Back