Florida man (veteran) faces 120-year sentence for firing 2 shots in the air.

Gosh.

I wonder how bad they would have felt had he leveled the gun in their direction prior to firing those two shots?

The article in the OP said the individual did discharge the weapon in the direction of the people, not that both shots were fired in the air.

>>>>

Gosh.

I wonder how bad they would have felt had he leveled the gun in their direction prior to firing those two shots?

The article in the OP said the individual did discharge the weapon in the direction of the people, not that both shots were fired in the air.

>>>>

I had not noticed that.

To the extent that the trial evidence shows that he aimed AT or in the general direction of any of the six complaining witnesses, he frankly has a significant legal problem. His hope would then seem to lie more in the Ambien defense than anything else.

The Vet should just say that his VP told him it was legal for him / that he could do it!

Remember how Biden told the country that it they were afraid in their own hoes they could step out on the balcony and fire off their guns...which is what he said he does?!

It's Open Season on Non-Communist White folks. Aren't Americans getting that yet? Man, it's pretty damn obvious. It's not like Hussein has been subtle about it or anything. SHEESH!

but but but a kid who kills a bunch of people while deliberately driving drunk gets 10 years probation cause he was too spoiled and lived in an affluent lifestyle and so therefore did not know any better.

Fight the pay to be free system then. Thats why that kid was able to go free because the more money you have the more rights you have. Home of the Free

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A Jacksonville man is facing a 120-year sentence for firing two shots that caused no injuries, The Florida Times-Union reported on Sunday.

The trial of Army Veteran Randal Ratledge, 58, is scheduled to start with jury selection on Monday. Defense attorneys have asked the judge to waive the mandatory guidelines, but court officials said Judge Jack Schemer is bound by the state law.

Ratledge, 58, was charged with six counts of aggravated assault after a 2012 incident involving his neighbors. Authorities said Rutledge fired shots in the air and screamed profanities at the six neighbors. He was charged with one count of aggravated assault on each of the neighbors.

Florida man faces 120-year sentence for firing 2 shots

but but but a kid who kills a bunch of people while deliberately driving drunk gets 10 years probation cause he was too spoiled and lived in an affluent lifestyle and so therefore did not know any better.

Turns out that this man was under the influence of Ambien and has no recollection of the incident.

120 years folks.

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen a single person here defend the poor little rich punk whose daddy's money got him off, so I don't know what that has to do with this. When did being a veteran make it OK to excuse 6 counts of aggravated assault? The man even fired a gun during the assault. Sounds like he is one of those people who are too unstable to even have a gun, but the gun nuts still want him armed. You want to defend this nut?

I don't see firing shots into the air as an "assault". It was reckless, irresponsible and a misdemeanor in the first degree.

You aren't the cops that investigated the crime. I'm sure they have a little more info than you might have gotten from the article.

Firing a gun into the air is a reckless thing to do. The bullet lands somewhere no matter where you point the gun. When you shoot, you are responsible for every round. 120 years is ridiculous but this guy shouldn't get off entirely even if he's a veteran, and nobody was hurt, or any other reason.

He a white dude? If so, he done. White dude with a gun = Hussein gon throw the book at him. Now if he could somehow claim that he's an abused Illegal, Hussein would let em off the hook. Hell, Hussein would probably even invite him to the White House. ;)

Claims Ambien made him do it. Notice black guys never claim that taking Ambien makes white cops shoot them.

Yeah, he white folk. Hussein gon get him. He's not a Muslim, African American, or Illegal. Therefore he shouldn't expect any help from Hussein. Ain't gonna happen. Period, end of story.

Yeah. That's why there are no black people in jail for life due to mandatory minimum sentences. :rolleyes:

Firing a gun into the air is a reckless thing to do. The bullet lands somewhere no matter where you point the gun. When you shoot, you are responsible for every round. 120 years is ridiculous but this guy shouldn't get off entirely even if he's a veteran, and nobody was hurt, or any other reason.
Sigh......

I fucking hate liberals

He a white dude? If so, he done. White dude with a gun = Hussein gon throw the book at him. Now if he could somehow claim that he's an abused Illegal, Hussein would let em off the hook. Hell, Hussein would probably even invite him to the White House. ;)

Claims Ambien made him do it. Notice black guys never claim that taking Ambien makes white cops shoot them.

Yeah, he white folk. Hussein gon get him. He's not a Muslim, African American, or Illegal. Therefore he shouldn't expect any help from Hussein. Ain't gonna happen. Period, end of story.

Yeah. That's why there are no black people in jail for life due to mandatory minimum sentences. :rolleyes:

Ha, if this dude was African American, Muslim, or an Illegal, your boy Hussein would be falling all over himself assisting him. But he's a Non-Communist White Dude. Hussein ain't helpin him out. He needs to just claim he's a poor abused Illegal. Hussein has given them an unlimited free pass. They can do anything.

Sigh......

I fucking hate liberals
You can hate liberals all you want. That has nothing to do with the reality of what this guy did. Hey, I feel bad for this guy too. He's in big trouble. The thing is, he is an adult and screwed up huge. Adults take the consequences for their behavior. Liberals don't.

Ha, if this dude was African American, Muslim, or an Illegal, your boy Hussein would be falling all over himself assisting him. But he's a Non-Communist White Dude. Hussein ain't helpin him out. He needs to just claim he's a poor abused Illegal. Hussein has given them an unlimited free pass. They can do anything.

My boy? I was always a Ron/Rand Paul supporter. You know, those guys always railing on about how mandatory minimum sentences effect minorities? But we all know you're just a pretend Paul supporter.

Sigh......

I fucking hate liberals
You can hate liberals all you want. That has nothing to do with the reality of what this guy did.
Yeah, the "reality."

Fucking idiot

Sigh......

I fucking hate liberals
Understandable given the fact they expose your lies and dishonesty.

Sigh......

I fucking hate liberals
You can hate liberals all you want. That has nothing to do with the reality of what this guy did.
Yeah, the "reality."

Fucking idiot
You obviously don't have a clue about guns. If you and your neighbor were fighting and he pulled out a gun and fired it into the air- what would you do? Suppose a bullet came down on someone you care about. What would you do then? Some neighbors might pull their own gun, stop and aim and put a couple rounds in his chest. The altercation the veteran had could have ended a lot differently.

Calling me names doesn't change that REALITY.

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP) — A Jacksonville man is facing a 120-year sentence for firing two shots that caused no injuries, The Florida Times-Union reported on Sunday.

The trial of Army Veteran Randal Ratledge, 58, is scheduled to start with jury selection on Monday. Defense attorneys have asked the judge to waive the mandatory guidelines, but court officials said Judge Jack Schemer is bound by the state law.

Ratledge, 58, was charged with six counts of aggravated assault after a 2012 incident involving his neighbors. Authorities said Rutledge fired shots in the air and screamed profanities at the six neighbors. He was charged with one count of aggravated assault on each of the neighbors.

Florida man faces 120-year sentence for firing 2 shots

Turns out that this man was under the influence of Ambien and has no recollection of the incident.

120 years folks.

I'm pretty sure you haven't seen a single person here defend the poor little rich punk whose daddy's money got him off, so I don't know what that has to do with this. When did being a veteran make it OK to excuse 6 counts of aggravated assault? The man even fired a gun during the assault. Sounds like he is one of those people who are too unstable to even have a gun, but the gun nuts still want him armed. You want to defend this nut?

I don't see firing shots into the air as an "assault". It was reckless, irresponsible and a misdemeanor in the first degree.

The assault part is where he screamed profanities, and perhaps threats, against his neighbors. Assault stands alone and be verbal.

No assault means "physical attack". A verbal assault is quite different than an assault.

No assault means "physical attack". A verbal assault is quite different than an assault.

See Post #19 for links.

Assault does not mean "physical attack" as defined under Florida law it is "
784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent."

>>>>

See Post #19 for links.

Assault does not mean "physical attack" as defined under Florida law it is "
784.011 Assault.—
(1) An “assault” is an intentional, unlawful threat by word or act to do violence to the person of another, coupled with an apparent ability to do so, and doing some act which creates a well-founded fear in such other person that such violence is imminent."

>>>>

Liberals sure are assaulted a lot.

Forum List

Back