Florida Pastor Arrested Before He Could Burn 2,998 Qurans On Anniversary Of 9-11

If he really wanted to piss off Islam he would have saved up a years worth of bacon fat from his congregation, Heated it up in a pot in his back yard, drop them in the bacon fat and one by one burn them in a fire pit all day and make it live Via the internet like the yule log burning at Christmas. It's safe, it's probably legal, smells good and provides a day long rememberence.
Sounds like a plan........ :cuckoo: :lol:

Republicans hoping for more Americans killed overseas they could blame on Obama. The more the better.

Don't worry. They'll think of something. If it's dirty, Republicans will think of it.

name one republican hoping for more americans to be killed overseas.

you won't, because deep down you know you're lying.

rdean has capitulated his constitutional rights to radical muslims. not surprised.

Well, since we can't get any Republicans to admit they are responsible for Iraq, for letting Bin Laden go, for people dying after Katrina, for blocking the Obama administration from investigating BP, for apologizing to BP, for the deficit, for deregulation, then why would they admit anything about anything?

Besides, I don't think they are just hoping for more Americans to die overseas, I think they are hoping for more Americans to die here as well.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PepQF7G-It0]Crowd Yells Let Him Die - YouTube[/ame]

Republicans hoping for more Americans killed overseas they could blame on Obama. The more the better.

Don't worry. They'll think of something. If it's dirty, Republicans will think of it.

name one republican hoping for more americans to be killed overseas.

you won't, because deep down you know you're lying.

rdean has capitulated his constitutional rights to radical muslims. not surprised.

Well, since we can't get any Republicans to admit they are responsible for Iraq, for letting Bin Laden go, for people dying after Katrina, for blocking the Obama administration from investigating BP, for apologizing to BP, for the deficit, for deregulation, then why would they admit anything about anything?

Besides, I don't think they are just hoping for more Americans to die overseas, I think they are hoping for more Americans to die here as well.

rl]

hilarious, you can't back up your claim and you blame it on republicans

:lol:

you said you would back up your claim, but you didn't :eusa_boohoo:

saved for another rdean lie

Unless you can point out where the Constitution says you can stalk people you don't have a point.

Well, that one went right over your head. The OP was saying that the Constitution does not address every specific situation that it governs. It says nothing specifically about a right to privacy and yet we do have that right under the Constitution.

The OP was addressing no such thing, it was taking pleasure in the arrest of a man who enjoys making people like him squirm. I keep telling you that using bold font rots your brain, you keep proving me right.

I can't believe my choice of font sticks in your craw enough to make so many comments about it. Maybe you should take a sleeping pill so you can sleep at night? Or maybe you can grow up and stop acting like a childish asshole.

Yes. Its called a permit. Everyone needs one in certain defined circumstances. In this case he was doing it where a permit was required. Did you not read the story?

I did read the article. I have read the Constitution a few times as well and I guess I continually miss the part about getting a permit to speak or assemble. Could you link the passage that seems to be missing from my copy?

You don’t understand.

Jones wasn’t required to obtain a permit to speak or assemble, he could have burned his books in any private venue absent a permit. A permit was required to burn items in a public venue, having nothing to do with the message Jones wished to express.

Remember also that the Constitution exists only in the context of its case law, one needs to read and understand the case law to understand the meaning of the Constitution.

Moreover, the rights enshrined in the First Amendment are not absolute, and are subject to reasonable restrictions by the government.

Consequently, government is at liberty to restrict certain types of expression provided it has a compelling interest and the restriction is content neutral, where no particular type of speech is singled-out for exclusion.

Apparently Jones had to change the location of his protest at the last minutes to a public park and as a result, he did not have a permit for the protest but that is neither here nor there since he never made it to the site of the protest. He was arrested for "unlawful conveyance of fuel" and "unlawful open-carry of a firerarm". There was also no registration on the trailer and his assistant was charged with that.

Apparently Jones had to change the location of his protest at the last minutes to a public park and as a result, he did not have a permit for the protest but that is neither here nor there since he never made it to the site of the protest. He was arrested for "unlawful conveyance of fuel" and "unlawful open-carry of a firerarm". There was also no registration on the trailer and his assistant was charged with that.

To sum it up he got arrested for being dumb.

After condemning so many to the fires of hell, it would have been quite appropriate if the kerosene ignited and he became a fireball rolling down the interstate.

Interesting. Apparently it's ok to burn bibles and the American flag but not the Quran. I am curious to what the unspecified charges would be. I think it would have been great to see him exercise his freedom of expression.

Florida pastor arrested before he could burn 2,998 Qurans on anniversary of 9/11 attacks | Fox News

MULBERRY, Fla. – A Florida pastor has been arrested before he could set fire to almost 3,000 Qurans.

Polk County sheriff's officials say the Rev. Terry Jones and his associate pastor were arrested on unspecified felony charges in the small central Florida town of Mulberry on Wednesday. A news conference is scheduled for later Wednesday to announce specific charges.

Media reports show he was stopped in a pickup truck that was towing a metal trailer filled with Qurans soaked in kerosene. He had said he planned to burn 2,998 Qurans — one for every victim who died in the 9/11 attacks 12 years ago.

Jones is the pastor of a small evangelical Christian church. His congregation burned a Quran in March 2011 and last year he promoted an anti-Muslim film. His actions have sparked violence in the Middle East and Afghanistan.

He's an asshole. Simply because someone has the right to freely speak or express their opinion doesn't mean they have the intelligence or judgment to exercise those rights with circumspection. Of course that applies to each and every post of your's which I've read too.

And that's a good enough reason to arrest someone now?

Jones crimes in this incident, according to the mulberry PD - a town who's officials have been very vocal in their insistence of "loving all religions - especially on 9/11" ... revolved around a felony fuel citation, problems with an open carry permit for a firearm which Jones had in his possession, and invalid registration for the trailer they were pulling. Jones is crafty ... I would imagine he's already out. I agree he should have gotten the permits ... or perhaps had his barbeque on private property instead of a park, where it was reported they were heading. It would prob also be advisable to not be riding dirty with bad plates ... lol.

Jones crimes in this incident, according to the mulberry PD - a town who's officials have been very vocal in their insistence of "loving all religions - especially on 9/11" ... revolved around a felony fuel citation, problems with an open carry permit for a firearm which Jones had in his possession, and invalid registration for the trailer they were pulling. Jones is crafty ... I would imagine he's already out. I agree he should have gotten the permits ... or perhaps had his barbeque on private property instead of a park, where it was reported they were heading. It would prob also be advisable to not be riding dirty with bad plates ... lol.

Churches have to register their firearms?

If he owned the books he has every right to dispose of them any way he sees fit.

Well, that one went right over your head. The OP was saying that the Constitution does not address every specific situation that it governs. It says nothing specifically about a right to privacy and yet we do have that right under the Constitution.

The OP was addressing no such thing, it was taking pleasure in the arrest of a man who enjoys making people like him squirm. I keep telling you that using bold font rots your brain, you keep proving me right.

I can't believe my choice of font sticks in your craw enough to make so many comments about it. Maybe you should take a sleeping pill so you can sleep at night? Or maybe you can grow up and stop acting like a childish asshole.

You can't address my point that the OP had nothing to do with the Constitution, so you resort to insults. How predictable.

Do you think the font might be responsible for your lack of reasoning ability?

Why do these assholes always think they ignore certain procedures? If you go to the rental fee page it clearly states you have to book two weeks in advance.
It's like of the bikers being denied a permit. It's like these men have some God complex and feel entitled to everything. Who knows if they would have approved anyways, but Jones did not try to book two weeks ahead of time.

"Bartow, Fla. (September 10, 2013) — Polk County Board of County Commissioners denied Stand Up America Now and Dr. Terry Jones’ request to use Loyce E. Harpe Park on September 11, 2013.

In letters sent via email to Stephanie Sapp, representing Stand Up America Now and Jones, the county cited lack of time to adequately review their application, as well as other issues. The county’s policy states that organizations wishing to host events of size in Polk County parks need to contact the Parks and Recreation Section of the Parks and Natural Resources Division at least two week prior to their proposed date.

“The short time period that the county had to review the application made it impossible to work through all of the issues, most importantly public safety precautions,” said Mianne Nelson, Communications Director. "
http://www.polk-county.net/newsdetail.aspx?id=38836

My father used to book weddings, BBQs, company picnics at our city park. He would have never taken a booking with such short notice no matter what it was. If I was planning a large picnic or wedding I wouldn't try to book the park a week before the event. For one, there could be other events.
I am sorry I don't feel bad for Jones and the bikers. Plan ahead, it's not Like they didn't have a firm date.
As for him being arrested, he didn't follow the laws. And you don't drive down the road in a gasoline filled car while carrying kerosine soaked books. He is fucking idiot, and I wish the media would just ignore the bigot. If he has no audience, he might keep his moronic stunts to himself.

That sure puts it in a nutshell!

But, what would be the result if he actally managed to go ahead with his plan?

Wanna bet what the outrage from the left would be?

And maybe have another Benghazi! :eusa_whistle:

If he owned the books he has every right to dispose of them any way he sees fit.

Yes he does, but he does not have the right to violate statues on fuel transportation or a concealed weapon without a permit or have an unregistered trailer on a public road.

That sure puts it in a nutshell!

But, what would be the result if he actally managed to go ahead with his plan?

Wanna bet what the outrage from the left would be?

And maybe have another Benghazi! :eusa_whistle:

Its not against the law to be outraged. I believe trashing someones religion is one of the best ways to make sure you have an enemy. I guess people will never learn you cant force compliance by being a butthole.

There is no need to burn copies of the Quran - what the hell does it prove? Does he forget that Muslims were killed that day, too? Innocent Muslims?

Burning any religion's Holy Book is disrespectful and rude.

He was arrested for hauling a potentially hazzaradous trailer of death on the road. Rightyloon fail.

Forum List

Back