Florida Senate, on a 23-16 vote, just passed legislation ending Disney’s tax privilege, self-governing power & special exemption status

Then charge them with the crimes they are commiting and put them in jail.

Or weasel around playing petty political games to score points in the "culture war".
I would love to see all these tourist lobby assholes in jail. They have really fucked up this state.

The sorry bastards are the ones that are preventing the Legislature from passing Constitutional Carry. They are afraid Constitutional Carry will scare away a tourist or two.

Unfortunately lobbyists buying politicians is part of the American political corruption system.

I would love to see all these tourist lobby assholes in jail. They have really fucked up this state.
But instead, Desantis is just going punish them arbitrarily, with no charges filed, no court hearing - just petty revenge.

The country is just pieces of land and your claim the country is different under Biden than Trump is false as the land has not changed.
It is not "just" pieces of land. But you are saying Desantis and the Legislature have gone rogue. I disagree. They are doing the bidding of their constituents and the approval rating reflects that. Biden is not doing what he promised in the eyes of many so his approval rating sucks.

No. He was elected to do so and hence his approval rating sucks and his party will get creamed in Nov. Desantis remains popular so his voter base likes what he is doing presumably. Again, Biden was elected. He didn't take the country by force. Elections have consequences.

The idea that an elected official cannot be an authoritarian is as stupid as the idea that a state is nothing but the land.

It is not "just" pieces of land.

make up your damn mind. Above you said it was just pieces of land.

But you are saying Desantis and the Legislature have gone rogue. I disagree.

I did not say they went rogue, I said they were wrong. The fact the people agree is irrelevant. If the people agreed that no black people were allowed in the state it would still be wrong.

Making decisions for the PEOPLE WHO ELECTED THEM. How do you not comprehend this? If these decisions are poor then they will NOT get reelected.

And until they don't get reelected they can be authoritarian.

It was authoritarian of Biden to try and force people to get the vaccine. The fact he was elected does not remove it was an authoritarian act.

Last edited:
The idea that an elected official cannot be an authoritarian is as stupid as the idea that a state is nothing but the land.
They may be but if that is what he was elected to be then blame the voters. He isn't Governor for life. State is land. LOL

Not just land but land and elected officials elected by the people of that state.

But instead, Desantis is just going punish them arbitrarily, with no charges filed, no court hearing - just petty revenge.
Yea, payback is hell, isn't it?

They spouted off their sicko Groomer shit and DeSantis kicked their ass.

Good for DeSantis. Disney Groomers, Inc should learn to keep their Moon Bat's mouth shut. Their stock is plummeting.

And until they don't get reelected they can be authoritarian.

It was authoritarian of Biden to try and force people to get the vaccine. The fact he was elected does not remove it was an authoritarian act.
Yes they may be "authoritarian" like Biden with his Mask Mandates and such. And now his party will get crushed. So there are consequences but we knew this about Biden and he got elected anyway. Florida governance leans conservative so if companies don't like it, move. It happened in Cali. Did you cry that Newsome was authoritarian?

No. The special treatment should have never been initiated. And if Florida were cancelling all such special privilege, I'd be cheering for them. That would be a decisive win for equal protection of the law.

But they're not. They're targeting political opponents. Rank hypocrisy.

Yes. We should lay prostrate before our glorious leaders (and refrain from any criticism). Lest they won't feed us.
Irregardless of the reason, Disney is losing a privilege. Looks like they picked the wrong hill to die on.

Forum List

Back