Floriduh bans 23 Stephen King novels.

Yes, they are.

You could state that they're banning books because they don't teach Stephen King in Math class.... if you want.

A kid can still get Stephen King books in society. Is a school the place for Stephen King books? Probably not

The biggest problem seems to be that schools don't seem to be able to figure out for themselves what books are appropriate for school libraries.

You could state that they're banning books because they don't teach Stephen King in Math class.
I could if they were commonly used things for teaching math, but they aren't.

Where are novels commonly found?

In the library.

Unless they've been banned, that is.

Nope, they've been put out of the reach of children. Are cleaning chemicals banned in your home because you put them behind locked cabinet doors? There's no splitting hairs, if a book is banned you can't buy it, possess it or legally read it. These books can be legally sitting on your shelf and you can be sitting by the pool, reading them. What you can't do is have your 6-year-old get one from the school library.

They're not banned.

In the library.

They're still in the public libraries, in the fiction section. They're just not in the children's school libraries. They're not banned.

In the library.

Yes, go the local library then. School libraries have SCHOOL RELATED MATERIAL in them. Not books with sexual content.

Forum List

Back