Florist Sued for Refusing Service to Gay Couple Pens Defiant Letter Rejecting Gov’t Settlement Offer

“In what world is $2,001 a good deal for surrendering your freedom?” Waggoner said.

Wrong.

State and local public accommodations laws are necessary, proper, and Constitutional, as authorized by the Commerce Clause – they in no way 'compel' anyone to 'surrender his freedom,' nor do they 'violate' religious liberty, the notion is ignorant idiocy.

Not actually true, and you'll just have to deal with it.
Right-Refuse-Services-Sign-S-7385.gif

To UC, being gay is the same as a Nazi walking around screaming "FUCK YOU!" :badgrin:

This is why they need a STRAIGHTS ONLY sign on their store. Wouldn't want gays just walking on in, seeing as they are like Nazis screaming fuck you.

Again, your goal is to end civil liberty.

I point out that the only legitimate sales transaction is between a willing buyer and a willing seller. The moment the thugs of your party use the implied force of guns to force either buyer (Fascist Care) or seller to engage in the sale - it is no longer a legitimate transaction and violates the civil rights of those involved.

Glad you convinced yourself. It must have been a struggle.
Never saw any evidence to the contrary. This is the first time in our history that a group gets state protections due to their lifestyles.
Under Washington State law prohibit discrimination by business's based upon the following:

• Race
  • Honorably discharged veteran or military status
  • Color
  • HIV, AIDS, and Hepatitis C status
  • National Origin
  • Pregnancy or maternity
  • Sex • Sexual orientation or gender identity
  • Creed
  • Use of a guide dog or service animal by a person with a disability
  • Disability
None of them are based upon behavior
I said lifestyles, you saw behaviors. But I guess you're trying to spin it to where homosexuals aren't interested in sex? lol

Okay- show me which is a 'lifestyle' any more than another- and how you come to that conclusion?

Under Washington State law prohibit discrimination by business's based upon the following:

• Race
  • Color
  • National Origin
  • Pregnancy or maternity
  • Creed
  • Disability
Someone needs to take you back to kindergarden and start you over. Homosexuality is a lifestyle like heterosexuality and bisexuality. No wonder you're confused!

Washington State law doesn't mention homosexuality or any 'lifestyle'- I am glad to post what is mentioned again:

• Race
  • Color
  • National Origin
  • Pregnancy or maternity
  • Creed
  • Disability
I don't see any 'group' listed there that is protected because of 'lifestyle'.

I donno, are obnoxious skin heads a protected class?

When we start protecting behavior, all sanity is lost.

I support liberty.

True story: In Anaheim I went into a diner with a sign on the wall which read "we speak only English in this establishment."

Were the owners allowed to say that? Would the democrats be breaking windows and burning the place down while dragging the owners off to concentration camps? Probably.

From my perspective it made little sense, why limit potential customers in an area where Spanish speakers are the majority?

But in a free country, one person can sell to another person or not, as they damned well please. If one is so stupid as to exclude customers based on skin color, they won't stay in business long. That's how free people do things, they vote with their wallets.

I fully support civil rights. The owner of a business has every right to put up a sign that says "whites only." I won't buy from that business, which is my ONLY legitimate way of showing my disapproval. But democrats oppose civil rights - you dictate who others may engage in business with. This violates every principle of liberty.
You arent very good at analogies. If the people that owned the restaraunt only spoke english whats wrong with the sign warning customers of that?
Displaying a sign you only serve whites is within their rights. Actually trying to enforce it will result in a lawsuit.

I fully support civil rights. The owner of a business has every right to put up a sign that says "whites only."

Then it follows you believe an owner should be allowed to have a STRAIGHTS ONLY store, with the necessary sign.

Same bullshit, different decade.

Based upon what?

Is Homosexuality in any way genetic, as race is? No...

Homosexuality is a profound mental disorder... as the advocacy of such here, demonstrates on a daily basis.

For the other mentally challenged, if White Nationalists went into a Jewish deli and ordered the deli special, the Jewish owner would have to serve them.

If WNs went into a Jewish deli and ordered a ham sandwich, and ham sandwiches were not on the menu, the WNs would have to pound sand.

If WNs went into a Jewish deli and started screaming obscenities, they can be forcibly removed for disturbing the peace.

We now return you the STRAIGHTS ONLY florist and bakery.

Bullshit.

The owner of the Jewish Deli could and would eject white nationalists.

White nationalists are not on the list of protected classes- anyone can kick them out just for being stupid.

However- if the owner of the Jewish Deli wanted to kick out a customer just because he is German- then the owner would be just as much in violation of the law as this florist.

Who said behavior is a skin color? I said I can tell when people are gay.

You say lots of shit - most of it just isn't true.
Is that your best retort to the fact I exposed your deflection?

I just stick to the truth.

You should try it sometime.
I was telling the truth. Matter of fact I can tell you are in the closet even though you havent announced it.

To UC, being gay is the same as a Nazi walking around screaming "FUCK YOU!" :badgrin:

This is why they need a STRAIGHTS ONLY sign on their store. Wouldn't want gays just walking on in, seeing as they are like Nazis screaming fuck you.

Again, your goal is to end civil liberty.

I point out that the only legitimate sales transaction is between a willing buyer and a willing seller. The moment the thugs of your party use the implied force of guns to force either buyer (Fascist Care) or seller to engage in the sale - it is no longer a legitimate transaction and violates the civil rights of those involved.
Oh, I appreciate your admission that you are okay with returning to the dark days of WHITE ONLY signs, and for being okay with STRAIGHTS ONLY signs on businesses.

It's just too bad that the other bigots on this forum are not as brave to admit it. SassyIrishLass and koshergrl have fought tooth and nail to deny that STRAIGHTS ONLY florists and bakeries are the same bullshit, different decade.

They put me on Ignore rather than find the guts to admit it. It scares them to admit they are just like the racists of the past.

You arent very good at analogies. If the people that owned the restaraunt only spoke english whats wrong with the sign warning customers of that?
Displaying a sign you only serve whites is within their rights. Actually trying to enforce it will result in a lawsuit.

Actually, the sign equates to "No Mexicans."

The democrat credo is "I may not agree with what you have to say - so I will fight to the death to silence you."

I lean toward the Voltaire original.

Clearly they were conducting themselves in a way that is at odds with the religious convictions of the owner.

Screaming "Fuck You" violates doesn't violate religious convictions but fall into the realm of disturbing the peace.

I donno, are obnoxious skin heads a protected class?

When we start protecting behavior, all sanity is lost.

I support liberty.

True story: In Anaheim I went into a diner with a sign on the wall which read "we speak only English in this establishment."

Were the owners allowed to say that? Would the democrats be breaking windows and burning the place down while dragging the owners off to concentration camps? Probably.

From my perspective it made little sense, why limit potential customers in an area where Spanish speakers are the majority?

But in a free country, one person can sell to another person or not, as they damned well please. If one is so stupid as to exclude customers based on skin color, they won't stay in business long. That's how free people do things, they vote with their wallets.

I fully support civil rights. The owner of a business has every right to put up a sign that says "whites only." I won't buy from that business, which is my ONLY legitimate way of showing my disapproval. But democrats oppose civil rights - you dictate who others may engage in business with. This violates every principle of liberty.

I disagree. Your support is for businesses to be able to discriminate not liberty.

Actually, the sign equates to "No Mexicans."

The democrat credo is "I may not agree with what you have to say - so I will fight to the death to silence you."

I lean toward the Voltaire original.
You didnt specify a sign that said "No Mexicans". When did "we only speak English" turn into "No Mexicans"? How about people from Spain or China?

Forum List

Back