Floyd vs Conor...Live Action

I hate Mayweather.
You must be having a terrible day then.

No, my life doesn't revolve around him. But he's totally over rated imo. He doesn't brawl he's super technical and good at defense.
How can you be 49-0 and be overrated? I'll answer that myself. i guess Rocky Marciano was overrated then?

Boxing is a technical sport. If you want to see a brawl you should watch MMA. Personally i like both boxing and MMA but MMA is much less technical.
MMA is a millions times more technical than boxing. The intricacies of grappling makes MMA much closer to chess than one dimensional boxing ever could. MMA is FAR more technical and you have to learn FAR more in order to compete at a high level.

I hate Mayweather.

No, my life doesn't revolve around him. But he's totally over rated imo. He doesn't brawl he's super technical and good at defense.
How can you be 49-0 and be overrated? I'll answer that myself. i guess Rocky Marciano was overrated then?

Because the boxing industry gives him points for being best at defense. He's a good defensive boxer. However, I don't enjoy watching him dance. I like brawlers who are nuts and go in attacking the opponent. As a viewer, speaking for myself anyway, Mayweather isn't fun to watch at all.
Mayweather is the best pure boxer i have ever seen and thats saying a lot. Even at the age of 40 and coming off 2 years of retirement he is an artist in his craft. i could watch him fight a building and be impressed with his skill.
You dont understand fighting very well, so when you say "hes the best ive ever seen", it doesnt really mean a whole lot.

It's obvious that Mayweather has the credentials from which to notigate, thus he has the most control in making the deal. Also, since Mayweather already is a multimillionaire, he didn't need the fight as much as Connor. Had Connor insisted on a MMA fight he would have gotten nothing, and that would have been stupid.
He should have been smart enough to convince Mayweather to fight MMA. I'm glad Mayweather taught the little bantam rooster a lesson in boxing.
Smart has nothing to do with not convincing Mayweather in doing something that he would never do.

Kind of like saying, if you were smart you can convince an Eskimo to buy an ice cube for a million dollars.

Anyway, we both have stated our positions on this, it would be stupid for me to waste any more time pointing out the obvious.
i think thats actually a saying. You are smart if you can convince an Eskimo to buy ice. Connor was dumb for not getting Mayweather to fight under MMA rules where he could have won and still made his money.
It's hyperbola, as in a salesman so good that he can sell ice cubes to eskimos.
You cant be dumb and be a good salesman.
Acting dumb might be part of the sales technique.

He should have been smart enough to convince Mayweather to fight MMA. I'm glad Mayweather taught the little bantam rooster a lesson in boxing.
Smart has nothing to do with not convincing Mayweather in doing something that he would never do.

Kind of like saying, if you were smart you can convince an Eskimo to buy an ice cube for a million dollars.

Anyway, we both have stated our positions on this, it would be stupid for me to waste any more time pointing out the obvious.
i think thats actually a saying. You are smart if you can convince an Eskimo to buy ice. Connor was dumb for not getting Mayweather to fight under MMA rules where he could have won and still made his money.
That only works as technique if Connor had sold Mayweather on fighting under MMA rules. Looks like playing dumb was a dumb technique on Connors part.

I hate Mayweather.

Because the boxing industry gives him points for being best at defense. He's a good defensive boxer. However, I don't enjoy watching him dance. I like brawlers who are nuts and go in attacking the opponent. As a viewer, speaking for myself anyway, Mayweather isn't fun to watch at all.
Mayweather is the best pure boxer i have ever seen and thats saying a lot. Even at the age of 40 and coming off 2 years of retirement he is an artist in his craft. i could watch him fight a building and be impressed with his skill.

He is more excellent on defense. And as a professional, he knows how to be technical, but the most enjoyable boxers for me to watch are the hungry brawlers.

That only works as technique if Connor had sold Mayweather on fighting under MMA rules. Looks like playing dumb was a dumb technique on Connors part.
No, i think we can pretty much all agree that YOU are the stupid person here. Youve got to be a 70 IQ moron (about average for your people) to make that kind of claim.

He is more excellent on defense. And as a professional, he knows how to be technical, but the most enjoyable boxers for me to watch are the hungry brawlers.
You would really enjoy MMA then. They have some skilled fighters but most of them are just brawlers.

You would really enjoy MMA then. They have some skilled fighters but most of them are just brawlers.

Nope, I hate MMA.

Have you seen that documentary, "when we were kings"? About George Forman and Mohammed Ali? It was about Ali beating Foreman. All I got out of it was that Ali took a beating until Foreman was worn out then Ali made a move and won. In other words, Ali could not have sustained boxing Foreman the entire time so he had to lay in the ropes and take a beating. The better boxer was Foreman, Ali was just good at psychological games same as Mayweather.

Have you seen that documentary, "when we were kings"? About George Forman and Mohammed Ali? It was about Ali beating Foreman. All I got out of it was that Ali took a beating until Foreman was worn out then Ali made a move and won. In other words, Ali could not have sustained boxing Foreman the entire time so he had to lay in the ropes and take a beating. The better boxer was Foreman, Ali was just good at psychological games same as Mayweather.
The only problem with that analogy is Mayweather sustained no beating. He just let the dumb little bantam rooster swing until he was tired then Mayweather showed him why boxing is a lot different from the MMA.

Nope, I hate MMA.
I love the MMA. I note that I am more drawn to the technical fighters though like Jon Bone Jones and the GOAT Anderson Silva.

The only problem with that analogy is Mayweather sustained no beating. He just let the dumb little bantam rooster swing until he was tired then Mayweather showed him why boxing is a lot different from the MMA.

It's the same technique let your opponent wear them self out. I like boxers that fight each other with vigor the entire time.

It's the same technique let your opponent wear them self out. I like boxers that fight each other with vigor the entire time.
That usually makes for a sloppy fight. You may as well just watch some drunks at the local bar going at it.

That usually makes for a sloppy fight. You may as well just watch some drunks at the local bar going at it.

It seems more exciting to me. To each their own. Mayweather is not my favorite. Nothing more to say :lol:

A drunk fight would be quite entertaining to watch.

I broke my thumb punching a drunk guy. his face wasnt where I expected it to be and i hit a telephone booth instead. :laugh:

And a smart drunk would be able to convince Mayweather to fight him after getting drunk at the bar so that the drunk has a chance to win and get paid hundreds of millions of dollars, but not less than Mayweather gets paid. If the drunk gets paid 100 million, but Mayweather gets paid 200 million, then the drunk is not smart.

I broke my thumb punching a drunk guy. his face wasnt where I expected it to be and i hit a telephone booth instead. :laugh:
So actually you broke your thumb punching a telephone booth.

Forum List

Back