🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Flying the US Flag Upside Down

I didn't read all the posts here, but I remember from the Navy that flying a flag upside down meant ship in distress. We're supposed to respect the flag, not let it touch the ground, and if it's torn or worn out, to be replaced. If we flew it upside down every time we didn't agree with what's going on in our country, the flag would never be flown upright.

Well......liberals don't believe in America. They don't like this country and never did. They hate capitalism, they hate gun owners, they hate what other people eat, what other people smoke, how other people vote, they just hate this whole concept. That's why they vent their anger using the American flag or the National Anthem.

They want a country with a single ruler; one that only leads to their drumbeat. DumBama campaigned on it: transforming America. And just what does transform mean? It means dramatic change. Why would anybody want dramatic change? Because they don't like anything about what we have now.
I don't agree that liberals hate America. I have neighbors and I have fellow church goers that are liberals and they love America. This kind of rhetoric is easily revealed to be opinion, not fact.

Oh please. Liberals are against everything good about this country.

Speaking of the flag, there is a growing acceptance of flying the flag upside down as a protest. This is reprehensible. For those of you who served in the military, you know that this has a very special meaning, and although I generally support pretty much any lawful and peaceful protest, the first time I saw this (2000 when Bush supporters in Palm Beach were clamoring outside of the vote count place some people were holding upside down flags) I nearly jumped out of my freaking chair.

Now it is more accepted as a protest against President Trump. I see it everywhere and it is incredibly irritating. I don't particularly care for the President, but flying the flag upside down is to me, a bridge too far. There is even a law about it, a federal law (more like a code of conduct, really). Why wasn't it enforced in 2000 and why is it not enforced now? Again, I'm all for free speech, but you don't have the right to scream "FIRE!" in a crowded movie theater.

THE UNITED STATES FLAG CODE
Title 4, Chapter 1

§ 8(a)The flag should never be displayed with the union down, except as a signal of dire distress in instances of extreme danger to life or property.

What do you vets think?

The flag code is not enforceable, criminal law.

It's possible these people consider the country to be in "dire distress" and that's why they are holding the flag upside down? :dunno:
a8b3e25554fcb5ab68a0ba9922d6f7d3.jpg

American conservatism has dig it's grave by electing a total psycho like Trump, you just do not yet realize that. Republicans have all three branches and what are they doing? Trying to fuck millions out of their insurance and starting another useless war. Idiocracy is here, and it's you people.

So how is it their insurance when somebody else is paying for it? Explain that one to me. When the Democrats fucked us out of our insurance, nobody on the left protested that.

Trump is doing a fine job--especially considering he's never held a government position before. And what useless war do you speak of here?
Your messiah is failing at his job, you only have him to blame and it's only going to get worse. While you can still somehow fool yourself into thinking Trump is awesome the rest of us are wondering just how many people are going to die because of his incompetence.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054
Just like millions of NFL players are protesting. It's like ten guys. Why not just ignore them and move on? Could it be that the President doesn't really want the protests to stop? That he knows his tweets will cause more protests and ratchet up his base? If he really wanted the protests to fade away then he'd ignore them, just as you suggest we should ignore the very few flag protesters. Ignore them and they fade away. I just was so pissed yesterday about these protests in light of guys like the poster who fought in Hue and had a freaking good reason to use the flag signal.

Sorry, but I don't just ignore anti-Americans. They shouldn't be in this country in the first place. If you're not happy here with our police--move TF out of this country. You can't have a civil society with no law and order. There are tens of millions of people around the world that would be glad to take their place and respect our authority instead of making millions of dollars and disrespecting it.

As I said earlier, you want to ignore things like this, then tell the left and ANTIFA to ignore statues and confederate flags. They are bothering nobody.
Peaceful protest is as American as it gets

American conservatism has dig it's grave by electing a total psycho like Trump, you just do not yet realize that. Republicans have all three branches and what are they doing? Trying to fuck millions out of their insurance and starting another useless war. Idiocracy is here, and it's you people.

So how is it their insurance when somebody else is paying for it? Explain that one to me. When the Democrats fucked us out of our insurance, nobody on the left protested that.

Trump is doing a fine job--especially considering he's never held a government position before. And what useless war do you speak of here?
Your messiah is failing at his job, you only have him to blame and it's only going to get worse. While you can still somehow fool yourself into thinking Trump is awesome the rest of us are wondering just how many people are going to die because of his incompetence.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054
Just like millions of NFL players are protesting. It's like ten guys. Why not just ignore them and move on? Could it be that the President doesn't really want the protests to stop? That he knows his tweets will cause more protests and ratchet up his base? If he really wanted the protests to fade away then he'd ignore them, just as you suggest we should ignore the very few flag protesters. Ignore them and they fade away. I just was so pissed yesterday about these protests in light of guys like the poster who fought in Hue and had a freaking good reason to use the flag signal.

Sorry, but I don't just ignore anti-Americans. They shouldn't be in this country in the first place. If you're not happy here with our police--move TF out of this country. You can't have a civil society with no law and order. There are tens of millions of people around the world that would be glad to take their place and respect our authority instead of making millions of dollars and disrespecting it.

As I said earlier, you want to ignore things like this, then tell the left and ANTIFA to ignore statues and confederate flags. They are bothering nobody.

Have I sounded like I'm ignoring this? I posted a thread complaining about it.

As far as your argument, I don't ignore anti Americans either. They get what they deserve. But when you say that ALL liberals are anti America, you lose me. Frankly, it's a boy who cried wolf situation, because nobody believes a person who is constantly complaining that ALL liberals are anti American when some of them actually behave that way people like me might just not pay attention to you. No offense intended, I totally respect your right to dismiss all liberals as anti American. That might be your experience. It certainly isn't mine. Was Bob Kerrey anti American? He was a liberal. Still is.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

As far as your argument, I don't ignore anti Americans either. They get what they deserve. But when you say that ALL liberals are anti America, you lose me. Frankly, it's a boy who cried wolf situation, because nobody believes a person who is constantly complaining that ALL liberals are anti American when some of them actually behave that way people like me might just not pay attention to you. No offense intended, I totally respect your right to dismiss all liberals as anti American. That might be your experience. It certainly isn't mine. Was Bob Kerrey anti American? He was a liberal. Still is.

You misread. I said that all liberals hate America and our system. I only called those who disrespect our flag and national anthem anti-American because those are symbols of our entire country. They represent everything we've worked and fought for.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

And we will demonstrate those peaceful protests. We will not turn on any football game from this point on. Maybe when the NFL starts to lose tens of millions of dollars, they will have the fortitude to tell their employees to protest on their own time and not while they are getting paid to be on that field.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

You misread. I said that all liberals hate America and our system. I only called those who disrespect our flag and national anthem anti-American because those are symbols of our entire country. They represent everything we've worked and fought for.

Fair enough. I just get a bit crabby when I see others posting "all [fill in the blank] are anti American and should move to Guatemala." Makes me a bit crazy.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

So all liberals aren't anti-American, but all liberals hate America? :lol:

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

And we will demonstrate those peaceful protests. We will not turn on any football game from this point on. Maybe when the NFL starts to lose tens of millions of dollars, they will have the fortitude to tell their employees to protest on their own time and not while they are getting paid to be on that field.

I respect your right Ray, but I'd ask you to consider why President Trump chose an issue where about 10-20 NFL players were kneeling during a song and made it into one of his Top Ten issues this week. An alternative would've been to ignore it, and like most protests, it would've blown away. Is it conceivable that President Trump actually wants the protests to increase so he can play to his base? Just saying, I'm gonna watch the Eagles game today and I really don't care about the protests. I'm not falling into this manipulation on both sides.

Edited to add: However, if the Eagles lose to the Giants, I will be super pissed.

Fair enough. I just get a bit crabby when I see others posting "all [fill in the blank] are anti American and should move to Guatemala." Makes me a bit crazy.

I'm entitled to feel the way I feel. IMO, when you give the finger to our flag or anthem, you are giving the finger to all of America. And if that's the way you feel about our country, it's probably time to find a new country to live in. I hold the flag very sacred because I believe this is the greatest country in the world, and that I am blessed by God for being born here.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

As is your right

Good luck with that

Let's forget the fucking so-called patriotism I served from 67 til 71 and no one thank us or could give a shit and if I want to I'll wipe my ass, vomit, fly the flag upside or burn it if I want to. All of a sudden this country got fake patriotism. Fuck off you had none back in the 60's or 70's. I want to puke when someone thanks me for my service today. I don't want to fucking hear it.

Oh, millions I'm sure.

View attachment 151054

The players weren't burning or spitting on the flag. Flying the flag upside down means these mental midgets think our country is in distress. So, where were they when obama was illegally drone killing people all over the world I ask. Why didn't they protest hillary's involvement in taking out Kadaffi, and then laughing about it like the bloodthirsty devil she is?

Last edited:

The players weren't burning or spitting on the flag. Flying the flag upside down means these mental midgets think our country is in distress. So, where were they when obama was illegally drone killing people all over the world I ask. Why didn't they protest hillary's involvement in taking out Kadaffi, and then laughing about it like the bloodthirsty devil she is?

No, but kneeling instead of placing your hand over your heart is still disrespecting the flag and anthem. It means you are anti-america. If you are against this country, then it's time to leave and find a country you are for, and see if they can make their millions of dollars over there.

No, but kneeling instead of placing your hand over your heart is still disrespecting the flag and anthem. It means you are anti-america. If you are against this country, then it's time to leave and find a country you are for, and see if they can make their millions of dollars over there.
Maybe you are kneeling because you are FOR the country

Might be acceptable if that was their claim. But we all know where this childish nonsense started and why. This is something you can't Clintonize.

For the last 8 years, I saw a whole lot of "Conservatives" right here on this message board using an upside-down flag to protest Obama.

I haven't seen anyone here use it to protest Trump.

Just saying.

You are simply lying. If there were, more than enough of us would have pointed out their ignorance.

:lol:

How could you possibly know what went on 7 years before you joined this site?

-----biig surprise -----I AGREE------I have seen upside down flags too and am HORRIFIED------who DA FLUCK---do those idiots
think they are-----reminds me of the 60s-----bunch of jerks running around displaying their vacuity and inflated egos
I honestly don't remember it happening in the sixties but I'm sure it probably did. I just missed it. But I know some guys who served in Hue in the sixties who raised it.
I was at Hue during the Tet Offensive (1968) - you damn right we flew it upside down!!!
Thank you for your service. From what I've heard and read you were in the shit something fierce. Glad you made it. You know what I'm saying about e flag.
Most assuredly. Until you've fought under that flag, you can't imagine what seeing it "in the dawn's early light" really means.

Might be acceptable if that was their claim. But we all know where this childish nonsense started and why. This is something you can't Clintonize.
Good......why don't you tell us why it started?
Unarmed blacks getting killed by police with no penalty

Forum List

Back