Flying turkey ruffles feathers about 'emotional support' animals on planes

ShootSpeeders

Gold Member
May 13, 2012
How did this "therapy animal" crap ever get started anyway?. Guide dogs for the blind should be it.

Flying turkey ruffles feathers about 'emotional support' animals on planes

Jan 14 2016 If you think that air travel has gone to the birds, it has -literally.

We're talkin' turkey, as in that big Thanksgiving bird, one of which recently was spotted aboard a Delta flight acting as a "support animal," and that's causing a flap over how passengers are using, and abusing, comfort animal rules.

So how can a turkey get on a plane? Simple. The passenger provided proper documentation proving the fowl was indeed their emotional support animal, so Delta let the bird on board, and even gave it its own seat.

In 1986, Congress passed the Air Carrier Access Act, allowing service animals to fly on planes and ensuring they can't be removed simply on the grounds that other passengers object.

There are dogs who are trained to be friendly to everyone and they take them to mental hospitals to meet every patient.

Only sightseeing dogs for the blind and service dogs for handicapped should be allowed.

Time for someone to bring on their "emotional support tiger." After eating flight attendants and patrons, the airlines might alter their rules to limit to seeing-eye dogs and seizure dogs.

Have friends who have a teacup poodle. Their doctor wrote them the paperwork necessary to fly their dog with them to Hawaii as an emotional support animal. I'm sorry, but I don't quite get it. What can a teacup poodle possibly do for emotional support? A service or seeing eye dog I can see, but a teacup poodle? No!

Forum List

Back