Folks - you just can’t make this stuff up

The law had been around since the 50s. NJ had one too...They may still.
New Jersey does still have that astoundingly ignorant law. And what does New Jersey and Oregon have in common? Both are run by the left.
You are an idiot.
idiot.jpg

Last edited:
There is no more regressive, backwards, backwoods city or state than one run by the left. First of all, I haven’t seen a single gas station attendant since the 1970’s. Only a “progressive” state could be 40 year behind the rest of society.
“Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas”
Secondly...seriously? No...seriously?!? Only a progressive would actually make the statement “not everyone is capable of knowing how to pump gas”. :eusa_doh:

Oregon Residents Free to Pump Their Own Gas Have a Surprising Reaction

Nice fail, dude. :badgrin:

Your link specifically mentions the law only applied to counties of 40k or fewer people, which is the conservative portion of the state as has been pointed out to you. It's those conservatives you are now complaining and here you are making fun of liberals. My god, man, what a tool.

This is a red/blue map of Oregon...

2008-seat-control-statewide-040809-0100.jpg

It's a stupid ass law.

Anyway, the map of USA has that kind of red/blue content so you are not saying much. The state leans democrat...

As Esmeralda stated, the most rural areas are conservative Republican...likely where people have never pumped their own gas before. As rural conservatives, they tend to stay rural and don't venture far from home. This law has been in effect since 1951 so for anyone to blame this on "liberals" is beyond stupid and is bordering on bat shit insane.

You really love speaking out of your ass don't you?

I bet the person making the idiotic comment was a hard core regressive liberal.

That being said, I never blamed only the liberals for the law, although they certainly are to blame, as well.

If the people in rural Oregon wanted to pump their own gas, they would have petitioned for it and got it. They are not slaves.
Yes they are, sweetie. That’s what happens with the failed left-wing ideology. It aspires to makes slaves of everyone and control them.
Pathetic. The reality is the local people wanted more jobs, not less and didn't want self service. It was up to them, not the state government.

There is no more regressive, backwards, backwoods city or state than one run by the left. First of all, I haven’t seen a single gas station attendant since the 1970’s. Only a “progressive” state could be 40 year behind the rest of society.
“Many people are not capable of knowing how to pump gas”
Secondly...seriously? No...seriously?!? Only a progressive would actually make the statement “not everyone is capable of knowing how to pump gas”. :eusa_doh:

Oregon Residents Free to Pump Their Own Gas Have a Surprising Reaction
You idiot. You moron. This story is about people in RURAL OREGON.
Oh sweetie...this story is about progressive Oregon. Progressives have become so dependent on government (and others to provide for them) that they can’t even pump gas. The fact that you state even had a law preventing people from pumping their own gas is as hilarious as it is tragic.
No it's not "Sweetie." It's about rural Oregon, which is 90% conservative Republicans. You are an idiot, "Sweetie."

Find some other avenue thru which to spew your ridiculous vile against liberals.

If the people in rural Oregon wanted to pump their own gas, they would have petitioned for it and got it. They are not slaves.

When self-serve was suggested, a whole bunch of people (rural people) went against it.

The proposal supposedly happened when Oregon's economy was in the dumps because the logging industry was disappearing. unemployment was very high and the anti-self serve advocates argued Oregon needed jobs, not to eliminate them!

Most rural areas of Oregon are related to the timber industry. No self service for gas stations meant more local jobs.

Again, "Sweetie", you are a moron.

That is actually one of the cool things I liked about Oregon, and it didn't make much difference in the price per gallon on the West Coast, either. A lot of my high school friends had jobs at independent gas stations, before the big companies drove the indies out of the business and turned all the full service stations into self-service convenience stores. We could also rent the hydraulic lifts and do our own car repairs back then, too. I remember well my first time stopping to get gas in Oregon, and a voice coming over the speaker politely telling me to wait for the attendant, it was illegal for me to pump my own gas. lol

Why would your backwoods state even have a law like that to begin with sweetie? Who the fuck is the government to tell me if I can or cannot pump my own gas? Thanks for playing.
To keep or create jobs, DUMMY! You really are ridiculous.

Great, we needed a 50th thread about this story that is literally nothing.
Just think you can get a job now in liberal utopia! Think you would make a fine pump jockey. You might want to sharpen up and when to say yes sir and no sir. And I bet you will be just whiz bang and cleaning those windshields! If you think those liberal sissy's are going to clean when they are to lazy to pump? Yeah buddy Donald Trump has a job for you!

Just think you can get a job now in liberal utopia! Think you would make a fine pump jockey. You might want to sharpen up and when to say yes sir and no sir. And I bet you will be just whiz bang and cleaning those windshields! If you think those liberal sissy's are going to clean when they are to lazy to pump? Yeah buddy Donald Trump has a job for you!
Idiot writes in bold letters and says less than if he wrote in invisible ink.

Why would your backwoods state even have a law like that to begin with sweetie? Who the fuck is the government to tell me if I can or cannot pump my own gas? Thanks for playing.

What a stupid way to create jobs. Seems like creating poverty and stripping people of freedom is their aim.

Since the OP is about them going self service, this post makes no sense, and not just because it is an attemp to slam somone. You are really slamming yourself with your ignorance of the subject of the thread.

Talk about “ridiculous” - by that dimwit “logic” government should outlaw grocery shopping, planting flowers in your yard, and tying your own shoes!!! That would “create jobs” (but only in the mind of the modern day idiot progressive).

Talk about “ridiculous” - by that dimwit “logic” government should outlaw grocery shopping, planting flowers in your yard, and tying your own shoes!!! That would “create jobs” (but only in the mind of the modern day idiot progressive).

Please don't give these folks ideas, they take them very seriously...

What a stupid way to create jobs. Seems like creating poverty and stripping people of freedom is their aim.
Fool

Another fool. You people are so desperate, you can't admit how wrong you are. PATHETIC.

Another fool. You people are so desperate, you can't admit how wrong you are. PATHETIC.

Well, it didn't take long for someone to hop in and prove my point.

This is a red/blue map of Oregon...

2008-seat-control-statewide-040809-0100.jpg

It's a stupid ass law.

Anyway, the map of USA has that kind of red/blue content so you are not saying much. The state leans democrat...

As Esmeralda stated, the most rural areas are conservative Republican...likely where people have never pumped their own gas before. As rural conservatives, they tend to stay rural and don't venture far from home. This law has been in effect since 1951 so for anyone to blame this on "liberals" is beyond stupid and is bordering on bat shit insane.

What is sad is your generalization of where republicans and democrats live. The rural areas are full of democrats and cities full of republicans, all your map shows is which one DOMINATES a region to the point of winning elections. It might favor one side heavily or just slightly. People are bound to want full service for many reasons---- health, age, affluence, not because they are stupid, lazy or dense. Full service has largely disappeared mainly because governments have taxed the shit out of gas so much that people are just looking to cut costs. What is really good is how people dump on Trump voters as "Trumpsters" and "Dumpsters" never stopping to think that many Trump supporters used to be Democrats, maybe voted for Obama and Clinton, but lost faith in the party and now that they support Trump, they are suddenly these hopelessly uneducated, opaque blockheads.

~This has got to be the dumbest post on this thread.

Well, it didn't take long for someone to hop in and prove my point.
Yes, I proved the point that you are a desperate pathetic fool. Good job pointing that out. Thanx.

Forum List

Back