🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Follow Sweden

"If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?"
You are more than just following the OP citation. You are assuring us the people of Sweden are following
social distancing guidelines and Americans aren't.
You are becoming an advocate for your assumptions. Not all that ethical.

you are more than just following the OP citation. You are assuring us the people of Sweden are following
she is 100% correct about this

Swedes, like most Europeans, tend to follow rules & directions better than most Americans

she is 100% correct about this

Swedes, like most Europeans, tend to follow rules & directions better than most Americans
And you are doing the same thing substituting your opinions for facts.

First of all Sweden is not following the standard social distancing protocols...
sort of the whole point of the thread and OP. And to a great degree Americans are.
Restaurants are open in Sweden, people go to cafes, etc. Not quite the story in America.

Many Americans wish their country was like Sweden in this regard, but they are not.

"If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?"
You are more than just following the OP citation. You are assuring us the people of Sweden are following
You are becoming an advocate for your assumptions. Not all that ethical.
I was QUOTING the article. If you don't like the article, I suggest you take it up with the author.

I am interested in more information about this, which means my ears are open....

I was QUOTING the article. If you don't like the article, I suggest you take it up with the author.

I am interested in more information about this, which means my ears are open....
But you weren't actually quoting the article. You were trying to convey the sense that everyone in Sweden
is following Fauci quidelines, when they aren't obviously with restaurants, bars and open cafes, etc.

If people in Sweden were behaving exactly like people in America there would be no point to the thread or
article. Maybe you just can't be honest with yourself.

First of all Sweden is not following the standard social distancing protocols...
:laughing0301:

Swedes are indeed exorcising prudent social distancing and being careful

they just didn't scuttle their economy; the youngest children, who are at the least risk, are still in school

the Swedish plan would work in a state like Idaho or Nebraska, but would have been unwise in New Orleans or New York City

the reason they are having success is because the people are being prudent; which shows that we can safely open back up if people continue to behave responsibly

unfortunately, many Americans would not & that makes opening riskier in some areas

does not mean we should not open up where we can

Last edited:
Everyone should take the time watch this video: FreeleeTheBananaGirl (It won't embed so just click the link)

It's coming from a very different perspective. She's a vegan, Australian and she lives off grid.

Here's the only youtube video not taken down of Dr/Sen Jensen that Freely posted

I know that YouTube has been censoring like crazy in the last couple years, but still, I was surprised they took down Freelee's video. As she said in her most recent video about it being taken down, it wasn't even THAT controversial compared to a lot of others. Maybe it's because she has a huge audience?

Everyone should take the time watch this video: FreeleeTheBananaGirl (It won't embed so just click the link)

It's coming from a very different perspective. She's a vegan, Australian and she lives off grid.

Here's the only youtube video not taken down of Dr/Sen Jensen that Freely posted

I know that YouTube has been censoring like crazy in the last couple years, but still, I was surprised they took down Freelee's video. As she said in her most recent video about it being taken down, it wasn't even THAT controversial compared to a lot of others. Maybe it's because she has a huge audience?

I was listening to Glenn Beck talk today about WHO director Tedros Adhanom's dirty history. He backed up everything with facts. He KNOWS youtube, Facebook etc will censor this. These organizations are doing the government's bidding when they censor opposing FACTS

But you weren't actually quoting the article. You were trying to convey the sense that everyone in Sweden
is following Fauci quidelines, when they aren't obviously with restaurants, bars and open cafes, etc.

If people in Sweden were behaving exactly like people in America there would be no point to the thread or
article. Maybe you just can't be honest with yourself.
No, I wasn't doing that at all. The article says this:

In fact, all the uncertainties around the future of this pandemic are part of the motivation for Sweden opting for a liberal approach. We have to plan for strong social distancing measures to remain in place for a long time and they won’t work if they are harder than necessary.

That is why I requested more information, if anyone had it. Because I know they are not following "Dr. Fauci guidelines." I believe that is quite clear and I don't know what is motivating you to put ideas in my head that very clearly aren't there. Is it because you don't want to hear that Sweden is following any social distancing guidelines at all?

The reason I said, at the end of my first post, that we cannot compare Sweden's response with the US's response UNLESS US citizens follow the same social distancing guidelines is because I see a lot of issues with that. Here, at least. And there were protests all over the country this past week.

Swedes are indeed exorcising prudent social distancing and being careful

they just didn't scuttle their economy; the youngest children, who are at the least risk, are still in school

the Swedish plan would work in a state like Idaho or Nebraska, but would have been unwise in New Orleans or New York City

the reason they are having success is because the people are being prudent; which shows that we can safely open back up if people continue to behave responsibly

unfortunately, many Americans would not & that makes opening riskier in some areas

does not mean we should not open up where we can
My bad...I didn't realize keeping theaters, bars, restaurants open were in line with "prudent social distancing".
The Swedes are having success keeping death rates down but I think it has more to do with the Swedish general plan (keeping the elderly, immune deficient and those in poor health quarantined and letting
herd immunology take care of the rest) than them practicing social distancing which is effective to a degree
but that's not the base of the Swedish method, obviously.

Without a single legislative move, enormous power and autonomy has been taken away from the people.
And no one even blinked.

How long have I been saying our problems aren’t political or governmental?

The reason I said, at the end of my first post, that we cannot compare Sweden's response with the US's response UNLESS US citizens follow the same social distancing guidelines and I see a lot of issues with that. Here, at least. And there were protests all over the country this past week.
There were two protests. One in Michigan and one in Pennsylvania. I don't know if that qualifies for protests
"all over the country". But I guess when one has an agenda facts don't matter.

Okay. You keep insisting Sweden is more diligently following social distancing protocols even with bars, restaurants, cafes, theaters, etc. open in Sweden. I guess you must be psychic to be able to make qualitative
comparisons like that.

I'm sorry I intervened and brought reality into this all.

That is why I requested more information, if anyone had it. Because I know they are not following "Dr. Fauci guidelines." I believe that is quite clear and I don't know what is motivating you to put ideas in my head that very clearly aren't there. Is it because you don't want to hear that Sweden is following any social distancing guidelines at all?
I have been following this; they are asking at risk people to isolate and/or be extra prudent/careful

restaurants are not allowing full capacity & are keeping customers apart

they are essentially doing what we are without closing down the small businesses

the reason that I am optimistic that can work here is because it already is in grocery stores

if Wal Mart & Home Depot can be open, no reason I cannot go buy clothes or anything else at a smaller store (where they have less foot traffic & more ability to control things)

restaurants & theaters at 30% capacity or less and people spreading out, bowling alleys by allowing every other lane, etc

I can't see how barbers & salons can ope without N95 masks; but I am eager to see as many people working as possible

The reason I said, at the end of my first post, that we cannot compare Sweden's response with the US's response UNLESS US citizens follow the same social distancing guidelines and I see a lot of issues with that. Here, at least. And there were protests all over the country this past week.
There were two protests. One in Michigan and one in Pennsylvania. I don't know if that qualifies for protests

Okay. You keep insisting Sweden is more diligently following social distancing protocols even with bars, restaurants, cafes, theaters, etc. open in Sweden. I guess you must be psychic to be able to make qualitative
comparisons like that.

Do you have a problem with these protests though? I certainly don't. I encourage civil disobedience on this.
1. The virus is MUCH, MUCH, much more widespread than we /they thought. ALL evidence suggest this. If "everybody has been exposed, why the hell are we allowing our states to violate our First Amendment rights?

2. The virus is MUCH, MUCH, much less deadly than they were telling us. EVERYBODY now knows this, even if the tards refuse to face facts.

So, I'm enjoying my time off during my favorite season and doing as I please, even in Michigan.

I just hope, for the sake of my country, that all the fearful people with their improperly used masks (pacifiers) come to their senses soon and quit being manipulated by evil people in Godvernment who have other motives.

Informative article. Thanks!

I am interested in seeing how they do with this. It could inform policy here if it works--maybe. I notice he mentioned that there definitely are social distancing measures at play in Sweden, but they are apparently "recommendations" instead of "orders." It seems school and businesses, including restaurants, have stayed open and they have only suggested isolation for the at risk population. (That was in a previous article I read). I'd like to know more about what those social distancing measures look like. If anyone has seen such an article, please share.

I'd also like to point out that the reason it might not work in the US is the number of people who are loudly refusing to follow the social distancing Orders that were instituted. Lots of bitching but not a lot of cooperation among some. If the people of Sweden care enough to follow guidelines but the people of the US won't, it's not going to be comparing apples and oranges, is it?

What you failed to realize is that refusing "social distancing orders" is not about refusing social distancing, but about refusing orders.

People, in general, do not like to be subjected to authorities, and any "order" that comes from top to bottom. You notice it yourself, Sweden recommended social distancing, they did not order it.

And second, nobody is responsible for you and your family but yourself. You can't expect from government to do it for you. You don't need government to tell you to wash your hands, or cover your mouth when you sneeze or cough. Those are basics of hygiene, that everyone should practice all the time, not only when there is a virus roaming around.

Last edited:

comparisons like that.

Could you please quote where I said Sweden is more diligently following social distancing protocols?

And please don't minimize the protests: They've been held in the past week in Washington (state), Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Maine, Texas, Ohio, California and Minnesota and no doubt others. A national organizer says ten more are planned for this week, but many are also being organized at the local level. Other parties are suing the governments.

You are not being honest here, either about my words or about the facts.

Last edited:
I have been following this; they are asking at risk people to isolate and/or be extra prudent/careful

restaurants are not allowing full capacity & are keeping customers apart

they are essentially doing what we are without closing down the small businesses

the reason that I am optimistic that can work here is because it already is in grocery stores

if Wal Mart & Home Depot can be open, no reason I cannot go buy clothes or anything else at a smaller store (where they have less foot traffic & more ability to control things)

restaurants & theaters at 30% capacity or less and people spreading out, bowling alleys by allowing every other lane, etc

I can't see how barbers & salons can ope without N95 masks; but I am eager to see as many people working as possible
As for barbers and beauticians, the customers can wear masks. Ones with ear loops would not interfere with the haircut and would provide protection for the stylist.
lol I know because a bunch of us are desperately trying to get our stylist to see us May 1. One of us actually bought a wig. It's that bad.
The crises of Covid!

Forum List

Back