Food Prices Up 15.6% Under Biden

And the war! In my opinion food is scarcer or the corporations are sure doing good.
Ask yourself what major event happened just before all of these calamities that we are suffering now? Was it because Trump left office? Surely, that couldn't be it. Maybe, just maybe, it had something to do with a new POTATUS that signed a bunch of stupid, far reaching executive orders and a democrat congress that printed a few trillion dollars of money we don't have? Naw, it couldn't be that.

Sorry, I'm not fat. Hey, I sure see a shitload of trucks delivering to stores. I wonder why. Oh well. They must be delivering food. Lots of food.
Ever wonder about that?
I'll bet you're fatter than me.

I intermittent fast and eat keto (one meal a day), with protein sparing modified fast every few days and I work out all the fucking time.

My limited diet and lifestyle has been largely shielded from all this bullshit, but even I am feeling the Dem squeeze.

Now continue to deflect.

From your post. Maybe you should write what you mean to convey eh, moron?
Isn't it great how everyone uses the pandemic and supply chain issue bandwagon to raise prices?
it’s the dembot talking point that companies are jacking up prices on their own and not responding to the xiden admin policies

No way is it only 15%.
Average the entire year 2020 - $681 per/mo
Average 2021 - $772
Average so far this year - $848!!!
That is a 20% increase in 2 years. And we are actively choosing cheaper options - and still a 20% increase!

then why are you? this thread is about the xiden economy and his inflationary policies
What inflationary policies? I mean I see a lot of bitching about higher prices, I haven't seen a single policy proposed as to how Biden as caused those prices to increase. I mean all we usually get is the horseshit about oil drilling on public lands, yet by the end of the year we will be shattering records for domestic production.

There are number of factors at play when it comes to food prices. While the supply chain problems have been almost eliminated, the cost of inputs has increased dramatically for a whole host of reasons. The War in Ukraine has impacted the grain market. Rather you realize it or not, Ukraine was a big supplier of wheat. Hell, the wheat we grow here in the US is a variety that originated in Ukraine. The cost of feed for livestock has nearly doubled.

And while domestic oil production is up, fracking is down. A by-product of fracking is CO2. That is used in the packaging of many food products and now suppliers are having to import that CO2.

Of course, diesel fuel has an impact on food prices. There is a real easy solution, STOP EXPORTING THE SHIT. We export more diesel today than at any time in American history. WTF, that is just beyond stupid but I don't see Republicans jumping onboard a ban on exporting finished fuel products. Proposals have been circulated in the House.

But I hate to see the fury when you people see the price of turkeys this Thanksgiving. Sure, stores will sell them at a loss, but there is a limit. 50 million turkeys were lost to Avian Flu. Hens are going to be scarce, breasts are going to be off the chain expensive, and rare. And of course, you dipshits are going to blame Biden.

Forum List

Back