For all Trump's hoopla about kneeling and how it takes away from the game....

I never said anything about it being in the rules.

You laugh at what you do not understand, not me.
You laugh at what you do not understand, not me.
ROTFL.jpg

Actually, I'm better positioned to tell you why I laughed than you are to tell me or anyone else.

I laughed because your remark about Trump having said it was inane. I'm laughing now because you're resorted to equivocation to defend your inane remark.

What was Trump saying about the national anthem?
My conclusion was keep the protest out of the national anthem.
Is that not the same thing?
My conclusion was keep the protest out of the national anthem. Is that not the same thing?

In your mind it may; I really can't say just now because I don't know you well enough. I can say that as you wrote your earlier remarks, they're not the same things.

You're earlier remarks were positive statements. The one quoted just above is a normative statement. I don't have anything to assert about your or anyone's bald normative remarks unless they supplement it with positive justifications. Barring their doing so, at best I'll have questions about one's normative remarks. In contrast, I may or may not care to say something about your or anyone else's positive assertions, or I may laugh at their inanity (or in some instances the speaker/author) as I did above. And what I have to say and/or whether I laugh at one's positive statements has nothing to do with whether I agree with them, but rather they make sense, whether they're well founded and germane.

Believe it or not, I'm very likely to agree with strong/cogent and/or sound arguments, regardless of how I feel about their conclusions. For inductive arguments, I may not like the conclusion, but if it's sound/cogent, I'll agree with it and in doing so say something like "much as I'd rather not, I have to agree." That happens all the time with all of us when my friends or colleagues and I discuss matters of all sorts.

Aside:
FWIW, though some of those folks make a living crafting and formally presenting arguments, most of us don't. For the rest of us, business cases and/or proposals represent the beginning and end of the arguments we present to anybody, other than ourselves when we are chatting about sociopolitical "stuff." Then again, we don't engage in debates about matters we don't understand well. For example, I don't "debate" my lawyer friends about the law. My lawyer friends don't "debate" me about business management or economics. Instead, we ask each other questions to further our understandings of things. We "debate" on matters whether our respective areas of expertise overlap.​

Positive statements?
They were speech rebuttals.
Positive statements?
LHFM!
  • Do you notice that certain text in my posts have hyperlinks?
  • When/if you do, do you click on them?
  • If you click on them, do you so much as at least skim the content there so you understand what it means and why that content was hyperlinked?
I'm asking because "positive statements" was hyperlinked and you've responded as though you don't understand what it means, in spite of the fact that what it means was explained on a website that targets tenth to twelfth graders. The first, second and fourth paragraphs there -- all of them can be read in about 15-30 seconds, total, and the first eleven words of the third paragraph make clear that it's, for this thread's context, skippable -- are all one needs to read to "get" what positive statements are.

Are you younger than a tenth grader? If you are, that would explain why you didn't understand what you found there, if you even clicked on the site and read the content on the linked page, and if you are younger than that, I would then understand and be far less frustrated with this conversation.

No I didn't click on it,because I was addressing something other than the rules of football.

ROTFL.jpg

Actually, I'm better positioned to tell you why I laughed than you are to tell me or anyone else.

I laughed because your remark about Trump having said it was inane. I'm laughing now because you're resorted to equivocation to defend your inane remark.

What was Trump saying about the national anthem?
My conclusion was keep the protest out of the national anthem.
Is that not the same thing?
My conclusion was keep the protest out of the national anthem. Is that not the same thing?

In your mind it may; I really can't say just now because I don't know you well enough. I can say that as you wrote your earlier remarks, they're not the same things.

You're earlier remarks were positive statements. The one quoted just above is a normative statement. I don't have anything to assert about your or anyone's bald normative remarks unless they supplement it with positive justifications. Barring their doing so, at best I'll have questions about one's normative remarks. In contrast, I may or may not care to say something about your or anyone else's positive assertions, or I may laugh at their inanity (or in some instances the speaker/author) as I did above. And what I have to say and/or whether I laugh at one's positive statements has nothing to do with whether I agree with them, but rather they make sense, whether they're well founded and germane.

Believe it or not, I'm very likely to agree with strong/cogent and/or sound arguments, regardless of how I feel about their conclusions. For inductive arguments, I may not like the conclusion, but if it's sound/cogent, I'll agree with it and in doing so say something like "much as I'd rather not, I have to agree." That happens all the time with all of us when my friends or colleagues and I discuss matters of all sorts.

Aside:
FWIW, though some of those folks make a living crafting and formally presenting arguments, most of us don't. For the rest of us, business cases and/or proposals represent the beginning and end of the arguments we present to anybody, other than ourselves when we are chatting about sociopolitical "stuff." Then again, we don't engage in debates about matters we don't understand well. For example, I don't "debate" my lawyer friends about the law. My lawyer friends don't "debate" me about business management or economics. Instead, we ask each other questions to further our understandings of things. We "debate" on matters whether our respective areas of expertise overlap.​

Positive statements?
They were speech rebuttals.
Positive statements?
LHFM!
  • Do you notice that certain text in my posts have hyperlinks?
  • When/if you do, do you click on them?
  • If you click on them, do you so much as at least skim the content there so you understand what it means and why that content was hyperlinked?
I'm asking because "positive statements" was hyperlinked and you've responded as though you don't understand what it means, in spite of the fact that what it means was explained on a website that targets tenth to twelfth graders. The first, second and fourth paragraphs there -- all of them can be read in about 15-30 seconds, total, and the first eleven words of the third paragraph make clear that it's, for this thread's context, skippable -- are all one needs to read to "get" what positive statements are.

Are you younger than a tenth grader? If you are, that would explain why you didn't understand what you found there, if you even clicked on the site and read the content on the linked page, and if you are younger than that, I would then understand and be far less frustrated with this conversation.

No I didn't click on it,because I was addressing something other than the rules of football.

How droll !

rotflmao.gif

You are just too, too precious....

...what has the man had to say about the actual football game that is the single biggest one of the entire season?

One'd think were Trump so concerned about the game itself, he'd have at least aired his thoughts about whom he wants to see win.
And if attendance and poll results be the determining factors, 21st century football greatly surpasses baseball in the contest to be American's favorite sport.
Given those two major factors -- the kneeling furor he caused and football's status as Americans' favorite pastime -- but especially the first one one'd think Trump would have at least have announced his pick for the Bowl. Alas, we see yet again, Trump is all and only about saying what he thinks will profit him politically and that there's not an iota of principle underlying what that man says and does.

Many REAL Americans, Trump included, decided to boycott the NFL and the Super Bowl.

The “protest” has never been the problem...the timing is the problem.
What would happen if Whites chose to protest dangerous, violent, criminal Blacks on MLK day?
What would happen if Whites chose to protest dangerous, violent, criminal Blacks on MLK day?
I really don't know what would happen, but then neither is what might happen something that intrigues me enough to ponder and predict. How's about you take up the mantle and lead such a protest?

Well, hopefully it wouldn’t require too much pondering to conclude that while the protest of such a thing would be warranted, protesting on MLK Day might be a bit distasteful and untimely...no?

Forum List

Back