For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice.

Evidence would absolutely suffice for those whiteout faith. It just needs to be real evidence they can trust.
What’s your point?

For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice. St. Thomas Aquinas

Is this video ok or I should work on it more?

I've a question...

Since "no evidence is necessary" would actual evidence then be heretical?

For those with faith no evidence is necessary; for those without it, no evidence will suffice. St. Thomas Aquinas
Faith is without evidence. Those who do not believe have not been provided evidence.
Nope. Faith is NOT devoid of evidence. Why even have faith in the Christian God? It is because there are centuries of eye witnesses that the God of the Bible exists.

Put another way, does anyone believe pink unicorns exist? No. But what if one person says it does. Probably still not. But what if everyone you knew believed in them? Then it would start to mess with you.

But there are many more evidences in the Bible than just eye witness accounts. There are also historical truths. The Bible has enough veracity to it to have the scientific field of Biblical Archeology as it's basis, the only religious book that can boast that it gave birth to a field of science. There is also prophesy that has and is coming true, etc.

But evidence is never proof. If you want proof, take a math class. But faith is not even knowing that God exists. Take Adam and Eve in the Bible. They walked and talked with God but still lost faith in him. Faith is believing in someone you love, that they are good, that they are worth while, and they have your best interest at heart, etc.

What’s your point?
No evidence in the world and no burden of proof is sufficient to convince unbelievers, and yet believers know these things without being told or shown them.
How in the world can you say that with a straight face?. People who don’t believe feel that way because they haven’t seen proof for themselves. If god came down and revealed himself to a nonbeliever then they would believe. Duh. they aren’t just going to take other peoples word that the stories told by man through centuries are 100% accurate. It’s actually rather silly to think that they are accurate

If god came down and revealed himself to a nonbeliever then they would believe.

What’s your point?
No evidence in the world and no burden of proof is sufficient to convince unbelievers, and yet believers know these things without being told or shown them.
How in the world can you say that with a straight face?. People who don’t believe feel that way because they haven’t seen proof for themselves. If god came down and revealed himself to a nonbeliever then they would believe. Duh. they aren’t just going to take other peoples word that the stories told by man through centuries are 100% accurate. It’s actually rather silly to think that they are accurate
According to the Bible, the Hebrew people saw God send plagues to free them from Egypt, and then watched the Red Sea part so they could cross. Then they saw him give them manna from heaven, and then lost faith in him as they turned around and built a golden calf to worship instead.

Sounds about right.

our societies and rules/laws are based on a Christian belief

Incorrect. If that were true, legal abortion would not exist, barring the life of the mother being at great risk.

Fair point actually.

Well it once was true. But society is getting dismantled bit by bit each passing month. It's tragic to see.

I mean fundamentally it was our western basis, but now you've made me think, It's on it's way to being removed from all that. Sadly.

The world is a dark place and getting darker. We're getting closer to the time when Jesus returns and ends Satan's reign on this planet. We will all stand in front of Jesus. Will you be able to say that you serve him or did you serve someone or something else?

I ask myself that question all the time because I have a LOT of work to do become a true follower of Christ.

You sound like you're a lot more emotionally invested in God than me, mate.

Regards myself (as you asked)? - I've no idea tbh. I've not spent my life worshipping God but does that really matter? there's scripture out there that clearly states that belief in him can suffice provided you're not an eternal/consistent sinner.

I'd like to be a better person, sure.

But I'm not an evil person either.

Happy with my odds tbh.
A wealthy young ruler once called Jesus "good". Jesus' retort was that only GOD is good. That doesn't mean that Jesus was denying that HE was God, but merely trying to get the rich young ruler to THINK! Now, if only GOD is good, what does that make us? Obviously, we make mistakes. We sin. We do what we shouldn't ---- sometimes by accident and sometimes premeditated. The Bible reveals that Jesus claimed that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that if one breaks even ONE LAW of GOD then one has broken them ALL, regardless! Because we are sinful we are unworthy of eternal life. But through placing our trust in CHRIST, that HE died on our behalf, and realize our propensity to sin --- having a repentant attitude --- we will be redeemed/saved. However, those that imagine that they can be GOOD enough will miss the mark and be entitled to the prize of eternal separation from GOD. I want to see you in heaven someday. Please read the books of JOHN and ROMANS. These are a very good place to begin your journey.

According to the Bible, the Hebrew people saw God send plagues to free them from Egypt, and then watched the Red Sea part so they could cross. Then they saw him give them manna from heaven, and then lost faith in him as they turned around and built a golden calf to worship instead.

Sounds about right
They thought Moses and God abandoned them to die in the wilderness. They DIDN'T have faith, MANY times

Incorrect. If that were true, legal abortion would not exist, barring the life of the mother being at great risk.

Fair point actually.

Well it once was true. But society is getting dismantled bit by bit each passing month. It's tragic to see.

I mean fundamentally it was our western basis, but now you've made me think, It's on it's way to being removed from all that. Sadly.

The world is a dark place and getting darker. We're getting closer to the time when Jesus returns and ends Satan's reign on this planet. We will all stand in front of Jesus. Will you be able to say that you serve him or did you serve someone or something else?

I ask myself that question all the time because I have a LOT of work to do become a true follower of Christ.

Regards myself (as you asked)? - I've no idea tbh. I've not spent my life worshipping God but does that really matter? there's scripture out there that clearly states that belief in him can suffice provided you're not an eternal/consistent sinner.

Happy with my odds tbh.
A wealthy young ruler once called Jesus "good". Jesus' retort was that only GOD is good. That doesn't mean that Jesus was denying that HE was God, but merely trying to get the rich young ruler to THINK! Now, if only GOD is good, what does that make us? Obviously, we make mistakes. We sin. We do what we shouldn't ---- sometimes by accident and sometimes premeditated. The Bible reveals that Jesus claimed that ALL have sinned and come short of the glory of GOD. And that if one breaks even ONE LAW of GOD then one has broken them ALL, regardless! Because we are sinful we are unworthy of eternal life. But through placing our trust in CHRIST, that HE died on our behalf, and realize our propensity to sin --- having a repentant attitude --- we will be redeemed/saved. However, those that imagine that they can be GOOD enough will miss the mark and be entitled to the prize of eternal separation from GOD. I want to see you in heaven someday. Please read the books of JOHN and ROMANS. These are a very good place to begin your journey.

I actually find it hard to stick up for religious people when they start saying stuff like that about us all being sinners even if we're good people and not done too much wrong etc.

It sounds brainwashed.

If god came down and revealed himself to a nonbeliever then they would believe.
Your point please.? I don’t read links without knowing what point you are trying to make

What’s your point?

Sounds about right.
When I hear “according to the the Bible” I can’t take it as historical fact as I see that book as metaphorical and a tool for life and moral lessons

Fair point actually.

Happy with my odds tbh.

I actually find it hard to stick up for religious people when they start saying stuff like that about us all being sinners even if we're good people and not done too much wrong etc.

It sounds brainwashed.
Have you never told a lie? Have you never taken something that didn't belong to you? Have you never not listened to your parents? Have you never wished somebody dead? Have you never wanted something that belonged to someone else? Have you never used GOD's name in vain? Am I brainwashed or merely presenting an obvious biblical observation? What makes one think he/she is "good" under such circumstances?

Fair point actually.

Happy with my odds tbh.

It sounds brainwashed.
Have you never told a lie? Have you never taken something that didn't belong to you? Have you never not listened to your parents? Have you never wished somebody dead? Have you never wanted something that belonged to someone else? Have you never used GOD's name in vain? Am I brainwashed or merely presenting an obvious biblical observation? What makes one think he/she is "good" under such circumstances?

Seek help mate

That is why Jesus said that evidence is nothing ever, no sign will be given, but authority is everything, pointed out many times, most notably in His discussion with Pontius Pilot.

Christmas gave us the miracle and Easter showed us the proof
Since "no evidence is necessary" would actual evidence then be heretical?
Believers can find the evidence easily enough without having it served on them.

Well that is true of all religions. Every religion ever can saved can find circumstantial evidence that seems to back its beliefs.

no religion however has ever produced concrete scientifically verifiable evidence that is beliefs are true

What’s your point?

Sounds about right.
Moses was not allowed into the promised land and was left alone. He began weeping to God....and when he died, it was the Angels that God sent that buried him..... a little known fact of biblical importance.

Fair point actually.

Happy with my odds tbh.

It sounds brainwashed.
The flesh is oh so weak......isn't it?

Forum List

Back