For True Believers in Their Bibles Being the Literal Word of God.

Fwiw, I am a believer in the truth, no matter where it leads.
Seems like the OP is exactly the opposite. Ignore any contradictory evidence and follow your faith.

"Ignore contradictory evidence".
Seems like the OP is exactly the opposite. Ignore any contradictory evidence and follow your faith.

That's the problem with godbotherers. They ignore evidence but choose to rely on heart warming little fairy tales.

Creationism is physically impossible to have happened when the science and DNA have evidence otherwise. The fact remains we evolved from bonoboes in the rift valley and no amount of faith will ever change that.

Ignore contradictory evidence. Isn't that the bible of believers in a nutshell.

Furthermore, you godbotherers arrogantly believe heaven awaits because you think you have unique access to knowledge I don't have. You don't. You have no knowledge of what your God thinks or wishes although some speak as if they get messages every day.
That is a bit harsh, and it certainly doesn't pertain to the majority. The Bible teaches that God's law is stamped on everyone's heart; that non-believers will be judged by their own hearts. Therefore no one has any more or any less knowledge of what God thinks or wishes than you. Now some may know scripture better than others, but knowing scripture is not the same as knowing God. Even you get the same message every day as all the rest of us. It is written on our hearts.
My point is this God myth is just that. No one has evidence it exists let alone get messages daily. That's absurd.
You speak of knowing God. You don't. You only think you do because you believe the bible. That is not certain knowledge of anything.
As for being written on your heart, now you are being silly.

Atheists will not be judged by themselves or anyone else. It is a threat by religion for recalcitrant atheists.

You should return to the origins of the bible, who wrote it and why. Not one magical event can be verified. The original authors were illiterate and very vague. It was changed and flourished into deeming it was law from God once it's value was realised it could be used as a business tool of religion.
You are continuing that tradition today.
Humans have all sorts of strategies for dealing with existential dread. When you mock faith you are telling these people that everyone they love that died is not in heaven, the people who have hurt them are not burning in hell and that one day they themselves will not exist. Their minds recoil in horror from the very thought. Mock what religion does to society but mocking faith itself is kind of a dick move. This is what they do to deal with the inevitability of death.

Humans have all sorts of strategies for dealing with existential dread. When you mock faith you are telling these people that everyone they love that died is not in heaven, the people who have hurt them are not burning in hell and that one day they themselves will not exist. Their minds recoil in horror from the very thought. Mock what religion does to society but mocking faith itself is kind of a dick move. This is what they do to deal with the inevitability of death.
Are you that terrified of death? Neither are the rest of us. God is nothing more and nothing less than observations down through the ages.

Furthermore, you godbotherers arrogantly believe heaven awaits because you think you have unique access to knowledge I don't have. You don't. You have no knowledge of what your God thinks or wishes although some speak as if they get messages every day.
That is a bit harsh, and it certainly doesn't pertain to the majority. The Bible teaches that God's law is stamped on everyone's heart; that non-believers will be judged by their own hearts. Therefore no one has any more or any less knowledge of what God thinks or wishes than you. Now some may know scripture better than others, but knowing scripture is not the same as knowing God. Even you get the same message every day as all the rest of us. It is written on our hearts.
My point is this God myth is just that. No one has evidence it exists let alone get messages daily. That's absurd.
You speak of knowing God. You don't. You only think you do because you believe the bible. That is not certain knowledge of anything.
As for being written on your heart, now you are being silly.

Atheists will not be judged by themselves or anyone else. It is a threat by religion for recalcitrant atheists.

You should return to the origins of the bible, who wrote it and why. Not one magical event can be verified. The original authors were illiterate and very vague. It was changed and flourished into deeming it was law from God once it's value was realised it could be used as a business tool of religion.
You are continuing that tradition today.

I find it grossly improper and insulting for believers to push their faith on others as if it is fact. It's simply not.
To believe there is heaven is arrogant and to claim to have unique access to something I don't is the same.

For any rational person to believe in anything like that, it has to be established it it exists. It doesn't. Mocking God etc?
That is code for suggesting their belief is false. It is false.

Are you that terrified of death? Neither are the rest of us. God is nothing more and nothing less than observations down through the ages.
I am just about the last member of my family still alive. I have stood at enough deathbeds and gravesides to have made, at least for now, peace with my certain eventual demise. That was when the last dregs of my childhood faith finally disappeared. I didn't need it anymore.

I am just about the last member of my family still alive. I have stood at enough deathbeds and gravesides to have made, at least for now, peace with my certain eventual demise. That was when the last dregs of my childhood faith finally disappeared. I didn't need it anymore.
I do understand. For believers and non-believers alike, there is an end to this existence. And, what lies beyond is a mystery to both as well.

I do understand. For believers and non-believers alike, there is an end to this existence. And, what lies beyond is a mystery to both as well.
As far as this world is concerned there is no mystery what happens after we die. The mark we leave on this world is the closest thing we have to an afterlife.

I find it grossly improper and insulting for believers to push their faith on others as if it is fact. It's simply not.
To believe there is heaven is arrogant and to claim to have unique access to something I don't is the same.
Of course, I don't know your experience, but there are different faiths (including atheism) in my family. The same is true within my circle of friends and colleagues. Sharing faith is not the same as pushing faith, just like sharing my experiences in Disneyland is not pushing anyone to go to Disneyland. Perhaps what you have experienced is like pushing someone to go to college?

Belief, faith, experiencing God is not claiming to have unique access. Just because everyone has access to Disneyland doesn't mean everyone will make the journey. The same is true of faith. Everyone has access, but that doesn't make it the priority of everyone. I think that's all right. After meeting me, one atheist I know did become agnostic, but was adamant that if there is a God, living this life on one's own, without God, is a great option. That's a choice that works well for some, but as for me, I am thankful there is a choice.

As far as this world is concerned there is no mystery what happens after we die. The mark we leave on this world is the closest thing we have to an afterlife.
I disagree. And any mark I leave will be very small, gone with the wind.

Given that the universe popped into existence being created from nothing with all of the matter in the universe occupying the space the size of a proton and life making the leap from inanimate matter, I don't see how you can possibly say that you know what lies beyond consciousness. What we do know is pretty far fetched. Is it really that far fetched to believe that a constant presence of mind created existence and imbued his creation with His attributes?

Last edited:
Of course, I don't know your experience, but there are different faiths (including atheism) in my family. The same is true within my circle of friends and colleagues. Sharing faith is not the same as pushing faith, just like sharing my experiences in Disneyland is not pushing anyone to go to Disneyland. Perhaps what you have experienced is like pushing someone to go to college?

Belief, faith, experiencing God is not claiming to have unique access. Just because everyone has access to Disneyland doesn't mean everyone will make the journey. The same is true of faith. Everyone has access, but that doesn't make it the priority of everyone. I think that's all right. After meeting me, one atheist I know did become agnostic, but was adamant that if there is a God, living this life on one's own, without God, is a great option. That's a choice that works well for some, but as for me, I am thankful there is a choice.
The claim atheism as a faith is absurd. It's like believers feel some type of guilt so need to include atheism as a religion. It is not a faith like you have faith in God. We have nothing to glorify or expectations. So don't call it a faith. It ss an oxymoron.

Everyone does not have access to anything godly. You believe you have that special access as a reward for believing while you have no evidence to prove it.
The whole religious dilemma as to why it is ignored is it's lack of evidence of one thing it believes. Nothing has ever been produced and it never teaches to enquire, just believe with doubt. That's ridiculous.

Religion is forced on people without you knowing it because you find it acceptable to do it. Even when believers say without hesitation "Thank god" for something.

Let's not ignore the fact that nothing has ever been evidenced of this God stuff so it's not unreasonable for all the scriptures and bible passages used every day as spurious also. Its about evidence for atheists and sadly believers have absolutely none. Therefore, it cannot be called a faith.

The whole religious dilemma as to why it is ignored is it's lack of evidence
Evidence has to do with the physical world. By definition, spirit is not physical, so it is silly to demand "evidence". Religion is more in the realm of the philosophical.

Religion is forced on people without you knowing it because you find it acceptable to do it. Even when believers say without hesitation "Thank god" for something.
Religion is "forced" on people the same way "Good morning" is forced on people. Specifically, how has religion been forced on you?

Religion is "forced" on people the same way "Good morning" is forced on people. Specifically, how has religion been forced on you?

I thought I just explained that.
My argument is based purely on the facts and there is no evidence that a god etc exists. If you cannot produce evidence to prove that you have no right to belch your religious lies openly and force it on me.

I'll leave that evidence disclosure for you.

Forum List

Back