Forget Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson

the other mike

Diamond Member
Jan 5, 2019
(Two of my heroes)

But I'm not so sure either one would stand a chance against some of these guys.

1666525047248.gif

Those guys are great (I'm familiar with Ong Bak), but as far as Bruce Lee is concerned, get serious.
Bruce Lee was the goat....
But that doesn't make him superior to more evolved fighters.

Jimi Hendrix was the goat.
But he never would have reached the skill level of a shredder like Andy James .

That being said I'm not so sure that Mike Tyson couldn't have beaten Bruce Lee in a real street fight.

Bruce Lee was the goat....
But that doesn't make him superior to more evolved fighters.
You're confusing fighting style with evolution. I never said Lee was "superior," but he was every bit as skilled and fast, and he was light, agile and quick his power coming from his chi, and he was an instinctive fighter based on wing chun. Don't forget, those videos were purposeful /demonstrations/ meant for showing off, Lee's Jeet Kune Do was a results-based fighting art, after all, the goal is to beat your opponent and with as few blows as possible, not a flurry of dozens of blows, but I have to admit that some of those guy's hand conditioning was impressive---- I have no idea how well Lee could do some of that stuff simply because he never showed any of it in his films! But don't forget the old adage: Know more than you show your opponent, don't show more than you have to.

Jimi Hendrix was the goat.
But he never would have reached the skill level of a shredder like Andy James.
Hendrix was the goat at what his style did but I saw nothing there in the video he couldn't do. I mean, the guy has been dead for about 50 years! So how do you know what he could do or do now if alive today? I never heard of Andy James but nothing there impressed me, John McLaughlin at his age could have mopped the floor with him.

BTW, the least impressive person in your video looked to be Tony Jaa's Ong Bak, but if you haven't seen one, see at least his first movie the Thai Warrior! That is one bad ass and I'd love to see him fight Bruce Lee! Phenomenal fight scenes!

If you watch the whole video it's impossible not to be impressed if you know anything about music.

Well I do and I did. The guy is good, light and fluid in his playing--- what I meant is that I was not impressed that he was doing anything new that I hadn't seen before. He isn't any faster if even as fast as McLaughlin and it takes more than just technical excellence to make good music: it takes creative compositional originality to use that skill as a tool of expression of new musical ideas not just as a demonstration all unto itself, and I just do not see many new musical ideas or compositions in today's artists that are truly original and not just a variation of some theme that has been done by others for the past 50 years.

Well I do and I did. The guy is good, light and fluid in his playing--- what I meant is that I was not impressed that he was doing anything new that I hadn't seen before. He isn't any faster if even as fast as McLaughlin and it takes more than just technical excellence to make good music: it takes creative compositional originality to use that skill as a tool of expression of new musical ideas not just as a demonstration all unto itself, and I just do not see many new musical ideas or compositions in today's artists that are truly original and not just a variation of some theme that has been done by others for the past 50 years.
Hey speaking of AJ.....
It's a pretty tough act to follow but it can be done

Forum List

Back