Forget Happy Meals - Now They're After Your Irish Coffee

I saw where one can of four loco has the same amount of alcohol as two bottles of wine. Kids don't know how drunk they are because of the caffeine.

Rum and Coke is next.......

How soon our own Government forgets Prohibition and the losing battles they were forced to fight until they were forced to repeal it.

Interesting turn of events as they attempt the same thing but this time slowly...piecemeal...and sans Constitutional Amendment.

See how this is working? What they don't realize is that the result will be the same. It is still robbing Liberty.

I saw where one can of four loco has the same amount of alcohol as two bottles of wine. Kids don't know how drunk they are because of the caffeine.

yeah let's restrict more thing for the sake of the kids.:doubt: When will that warn out line stop being used?

Remember all of this when Sarah is on the ballot.
She belongs to a religious sect that does not approve of ANY alcoholic consumption.
and god told her to run for president.

Remember all of this when Sarah is on the ballot.
She belongs to a religious sect that does not approve of ANY alcoholic consumption.
and god told her to run for president.

You're more worried about an unseen infringment than an actual one with obama in the white house?

yeah let's restrict more thing for the sake of the kids.:doubt: When will that warn out line stop being used?

It is always a cheap fallback with the Statist...for the childreeeeen....!

Try it's for control of the masses they otherwise cannot do if it weren't for their lame excuses to justify what they do.

First it was the after dinner cigar, then salt, then sugar, then egg yolks, then toys in Happy Meals, and now Irish Coffee.

Do you really want the Federal government to dictate what you should and should not be able to buy of legal substances and have authority to require private businesses to adhere to its dictates?

. . . .Executive summary: the FDA has informed four companies that caffeine is an “unsafe food additive” when mixed with alcohol. In this particular case, the drinks being affected are cans of carbonated, caffeinated, and alcoholic drinks… but if you’re wondering what’s the scientific difference between that and a hand-made mixture of coffee, whiskey and whipped cream, the answer’s simple: there isn’t one. This is strictly ‘political’… or more accurately, ‘pandering.’ And if you’re wondering what’s stopping the government from deciding that bars shouldn’t serve Irish or Jamaican coffee - or, God help us, Red Bull and vodka, which is apparently the big club drink now - the answer’s even simpler: nothing. Nothing at all. If young drinkers start consum[ing] hand-mixed caffeine/alcohol concoctions, the FDA will start going after the organizations that serve them. . . .

Next step: the War on Irish Coffee. | RedState
I have seen the future, and it's a 40 year old virgin sitting around in his jammies drinking a banana broccoli shake singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer wiener."

Here's the ballistic arc of our culture if the libs keep getting their stupidity passed into law.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITPTJzPv4J8[/ame]

The movie that made Sandra Bullock a star.

Help the childrens....
14.jpg

If underage kids are drinking "Four Loko", then the authorities should be going after the people selling it to them, not the company making it.

Why should adults that enjoy it have to suffer for liquor store owners and their employees who don't know how to or care enough to card their customers?

Exactly. Anyhoo... I'd like to know how big an issue this really is? Didn't this shit like, just come on the market?

Came on the market about a year ago.

One can of Four Loko has as much alcohol as nearly 5 12 oz cans of regular beer, and as much caffeine as 5 cups of coffee. It's already been blamed for a number of heart failures in otherwise perfectly healthy teenagers.

I'd like to see some backup for that claim because my research shows that it has either 6 or 12% alcohol by volume and as much caffeine as one cup of coffee (a varying standard anyway). Michelob Ultra has 4.2% ABV. So at best this is misleading because "one can" of Four Loko is 23.5 fl. oz. which is over twice the size of a conventional can of beer. So while that might be a lot of alcohol in one can, it's nothing compared to a bottle of wine. It's far less potent than a bottle of MD 20/20 which comes in a 750ml bottle (25.36 fl. oz.) which has 18% alcohol.

So:
1 12 oz. can of Bud Light has 4.2% alcohol. link
1 23.5 oz. can of Four Loko is equivalent to 5 cans of Bud Light. link
1 40 oz. bottle of Olde English 800 (7.7% ABV) is equivalent to 6 cans of Bud Light. link
1 750ml bottle of MD 20/20 is equivalent to 9 cans of Bud Light. link
1 375ml bottle (12.68 fl. oz.) of Bacardi 151 at 75.5% ABV is equivalent to 19 cans of Bud Light. link

What again is the problem here? That kids drink it? We already have strict laws regulating that. Why ban a whole class of product based on the inability of current enforcement methods? Kids drink all the above references.

Last edited:
First it was the after dinner cigar, then salt, then sugar, then egg yolks, then toys in Happy Meals, and now Irish Coffee.

Do you really want the Federal government to dictate what you should and should not be able to buy of legal substances and have authority to require private businesses to adhere to its dictates?
You better obey us you slave! We, the US Government are much smarter than you. Just shut up and sit down!:evil:

Over my dead body. Seriously.

you're right.. we should ignore the fact that kids are getting hold of Four-Loko and are dying.

it's their right and all...

perhaps Irish coffee, is better left at really *being* Irish coffee instead of drinks with caffein equal to about five cups?

Aren't you one of the people that demand the government keep thier hands off of her body?

Aren't you one of the people that demand that illegal drugs be made legal?

yes, yes you are.

So why do you now demand that the government tell us what we can or can not drink?

Forum List

Back