Former Trump adviser Peter Navarro is convicted of contempt of Congress in Jan. 6 investigation

Somebody please correct me if I am wrong here: I heard that normally in these cases where an official Presidential aid or executive officer claims “executive privilege” before a Congressional committee … he can just appear and simply refuse to answer on these grounds.

I don’t know what if any legal measures can be taken to force him to answer questions that touch on knowledge gained in the course of his work, but I believe that traditionally there is not much Congress can or does do.

The problem apparently arose primarily because Peter Navarro refused even to appear, nor did he even claim he was too busy with his work to appear, as others have done in the past. Why Trump apparently isn’t backing him when Navarro has explicitly said the President asked him not to testify … also seems strange to me.

I have questions about this.

The main one is "why only him so far"?

Are others going to be tried as well?

If not, why?

IMHO every one of the people who refused to comply with congressional subpoenas should be charged.

It’s contempt of facts and the truth, contempt of democracy, and contempt of the American people.

maybe that weird gnome can publish a second manifesto of malignant maga lies, and independent thinkers like fraudball can then jerk off again to a "navarro report".

I have questions about this.

The main one is "why only him so far"?

Are others going to be tried as well?

If not, why?

IMHO every one of the people who refused to comply with congressional subpoenas should be charged.

What I find totally amazing is that Democrats claim that contempt of Congress is a big thing and you can be arrested and sentenced because of it. And yet, when Democrats are in contempt of a Republican Congress, well, that's just fine.

What I find totally amazing is that Democrats claim that contempt of Congress is a big thing and you can be arrested and sentenced because of it. And yet, when Democrats are in contempt of a Republican Congress, well, that's just fine.
What Dems are you referring to?

Ummmmmmmm, Fanni Willis, just to name one. Eric Holder is another one. Jack Smith is another one. They are all just fine with ignoring "Congress".
They are all operating in official government positions and so compliance with congressional subpoenaed runs into separation of powers issues.

Navarro got into trouble because he doesn’t have a government position and his subpoena had nothing to do with any official duties.

It is a very different situation.

YOu didn't ask a question, Dumbass.

ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION, YOU STUPID SHITHEAD.

Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 6.09.47 PM.png

I would never vote for tRump.

I thought I'd made that pretty clear here.
Exactly, you vote for traitors and liars that have betrayed their Constitutional duty to secure our border while also censoring our citizens and consistently overstepping legislative mandates of government agencies.

Exactly, you vote for traitors and liars that have betrayed their Constitutional duty to secure our border while also censoring our citizens and consistently overstepping legislative mandates of government agencies.
I just told you, I would never vote for tRump.

Weren't you listening?

Forum List

Back