Fox anchor: ‘We can all relate’ to surviving concentration camps

The word used was "relate", not "sympathy".

relate
(rɪˈleɪt)
vb
1. (tr) to tell or narrate (a story, information, etc)
2. (often foll by to) to establish association (between two or more things) or (of something) to have relation orreference (to something else)
3. (often foll by: to) to form a sympathetic or significant relationship (with other people, things, etc)

sympathize with
Verb 1. sympathize with - share the suffering of
compassionate, condole with, feel for, pity
grieve, sorrow - feel grief
commiserate, sympathise, sympathize - to feel or express sympathy or compassion
care - feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"

There is little difference in the use of the words or their meaning. This is just another example of victim mongering.

As a person who lost relatives in concentration camps, I take offense. I realize that the speaker misspoke in trying to make her point, and don't think it is a big deal, but insinuating that everyone can relate to this specific and particular situation is wrong and deserves an apology and clarification from the speaker.

We have all lost relatives and can relate to other people who have lost relatives for whatever reason.

You are an idiot.
You are the idiot for posting a definition that fails to make your point, and in fact, shows the exact opposite of your point. An association or significant relationship was not made by the speaker.

I'm laughing at you thinking being able to relate to something causes crying.
I never said it always did, but it can.

Libtards can only 'win' discussion if they make up what the opponents say, I guess.

Of course it CAN but you said reading a sad story made you cry not because it was sad but because you could relate. When I said you cried because it was sad you dismissed it as if only being able to relate was the only thing

You are the idiot for posting a definition that fails to make your point, and in fact, shows the exact opposite of your point. An association or significant relationship was not made by the speaker.

Wait, you are actually claiming that "relating to an experience" is the opposite of empathy?

Holy fuck, the lies you tell for your filthy party.....

The word used was "relate", not "sympathy".

relate
(rɪˈleɪt)
vb
1. (tr) to tell or narrate (a story, information, etc)
2. (often foll by to) to establish association (between two or more things) or (of something) to have relation orreference (to something else)
3. (often foll by: to) to form a sympathetic or significant relationship (with other people, things, etc)

sympathize with
Verb 1. sympathize with - share the suffering of
compassionate, condole with, feel for, pity
grieve, sorrow - feel grief
commiserate, sympathise, sympathize - to feel or express sympathy or compassion
care - feel concern or interest; "I really care about my work"; "I don't care"

There is little difference in the use of the words or their meaning. This is just another example of victim mongering.

As a person who lost relatives in concentration camps, I take offense. I realize that the speaker misspoke in trying to make her point, and don't think it is a big deal, but insinuating that everyone can relate to this specific and particular situation is wrong and deserves an apology and clarification from the speaker.

We have all lost relatives and can relate to other people who have lost relatives for whatever reason.

You are an idiot.
The definitions were entirely to my point. In fact the definition for relate (number 3) says in part, "to form a sympathetic or significant relationship" using the actual word 'sympathy'. Guess yo missed that day in class, huh?

I'm laughing at you thinking being able to relate to something causes crying.
I never said it always did, but it can.

Libtards can only 'win' discussion if they make up what the opponents say, I guess.

Of course it CAN but you said reading a sad story made you cry not because it was sad but because you could relate. When I said you cried because it was sad you dismissed it as if only being able to relate was the only thing
Lol, I did not say that all stories I related to made me cry, jack ass. That was only one, but it was to show contrast to the idiotic assertion that one is somehow insulting anyone by saying that they can relate to someone elses suffering.

Shit for Shinola, you are a moron!

Its too hot outside for me today

I can relate waaaah :cry:

WTF?:eusa_shifty:

Yo retard, what does "empathy" mean?

Why? I said relate

So, you are in fact mentally retarded, then?

Empathy is the ability to relate to the plight of others.

We normals view it as a good trait, you demagogue - sociopaths, not so much....

So, I said relate...not other words that arent RELATE

Why? I said relate

:lol:

People who did not have their relatives herded into concentration camps can understand and have sympathy for those that did, but they can not claim that because they had relatives that had to struggle they relate to people who actually had relatives in concentration camps.

Why? I said relate

You do have any clue what an utter moron yo are displaying yourself to be?

To defend Identity Politics and its victimization mongering is already fucking stupid. But to attack a person for 'realating to' or 'sympathizing with' someone elses suffering is just comically stupid.

People who did not have their relatives herded into concentration camps can understand and have sympathy for those that did, but they can not claim that because they had relatives that had to struggle they relate to people who actually had relatives in concentration camps.
Why? The phrases are SYNONYMOUS IN MEANING.

You are upset because you might have to admit that not everyone hates you for being ass hole.

Forum List

Back