Fox anchor: ‘We can all relate’ to surviving concentration camps

I'm laughing at you thinking being able to relate to something causes crying.
I never said it always did, but it can.

Libtards can only 'win' discussion if they make up what the opponents say, I guess.

Of course it CAN but you said reading a sad story made you cry not because it was sad but because you could relate. When I said you cried because it was sad you dismissed it as if only being able to relate was the only thing
Lol, I did not say that all stories I related to made me cry, jack ass. That was only one, but it was to show contrast to the idiotic assertion that one is somehow insulting anyone by saying that they can relate to someone elses suffering.

Shit for Shinola, you are a moron!

But she said we can all relate to SURVIVING A CONCENTRATION CAMP. Not relating to OTHERS SUFFERING!

Or are you about to pull a quick "Concetration Camp...Suffering. SAME THING!" Move?

Its too hot outside for me today

I can relate waaaah :cry:

WTF?:eusa_shifty:

Yo retard, what does "empathy" mean?

Why? I said relate

So, you are in fact mentally retarded, then?

Empathy is the ability to relate to the plight of others.

We normals view it as a good trait, you demagogue - sociopaths, not so much....

So, I said relate...not other words that arent RELATE

You do have any clue what an utter moron yo are displaying yourself to be?

To defend Identity Politics and its victimization mongering is already fucking stupid. But to attack a person for 'realating to' or 'sympathizing with' someone elses suffering is just comically stupid.

Ok, so its just what I said..You're saying that relating to suffering and relating to being held in a fucking concentration camp is like...the same thing LOL.

Weeeee....Word swap

I'm laughing at you thinking being able to relate to something causes crying.
I never said it always did, but it can.

Libtards can only 'win' discussion if they make up what the opponents say, I guess.

Of course it CAN but you said reading a sad story made you cry not because it was sad but because you could relate. When I said you cried because it was sad you dismissed it as if only being able to relate was the only thing
Lol, I did not say that all stories I related to made me cry, jack ass. That was only one, but it was to show contrast to the idiotic assertion that one is somehow insulting anyone by saying that they can relate to someone elses suffering.

Shit for Shinola, you are a moron!

But she said we can all relate to SURVIVING A CONCENTRATION CAMP. Not relating to OTHERS SUFFERING!

Or are you about to pull a quick "Concetration Camp...Suffering. SAME THING!" Move?

She was talking about relating to their suffering. Obviously she has never been a captive, much less in a death camp.

Straw Man, dude, straw man.

Yo retard, what does "empathy" mean?

Why? I said relate

So, you are in fact mentally retarded, then?

Empathy is the ability to relate to the plight of others.

We normals view it as a good trait, you demagogue - sociopaths, not so much....

So, I said relate...not other words that arent RELATE

You do have any clue what an utter moron yo are displaying yourself to be?

To defend Identity Politics and its victimization mongering is already fucking stupid. But to attack a person for 'realating to' or 'sympathizing with' someone elses suffering is just comically stupid.

Ok, so its just what I said..You're saying that relating to suffering and relating to being held in a fucking concentration camp is like...the same thing LOL.

Weeeee....Word swap

You are doing the word swap, liar.

People who did not have their relatives herded into concentration camps can understand and have sympathy for those that did, but they can not claim that because they had relatives that had to struggle they relate to people who actually had relatives in concentration camps.
Why? The phrases are SYNONYMOUS IN MEANING.

You are upset because you might have to admit that not everyone hates you for being ass hole.
What thesaurus did you use to come to the conclusion that the word relate is synonymous with sympathy? The words are related, but not synonymous, meaning they have different meanings. If you can give a link to a thesaurus that lists sympathy as a synonym for the word relate I will concede the disagreement and be grateful for having learned something new today. Otherwise, I think you just saw the word sympathy and used it to bolster your argument, not knowing the difference between related words and synonyms.

They spent the last 8 pages trying to turn Relating to being in a concentration camp to meaning relating to suffering in general lol

They spent the last 8 pages trying to turn Relating to being in a concentration camp to meaning relating to suffering in general lol
This is why FOX is critiqued for being a major source of the dumbing down of America. Journalist and commentators are supposed to be highly educated in the use of the English language and the proper use of it, including the knowledge of definitions of words. Hence, we have 8 pages of debate about a word and a claim that a different word with an entirely different root means the same thing. Sad, when it only takes moments to look the words up in a thesaurus and a few moments more to discover the roots. I can almost guarantee most of them are asking themselves 'what the hell does a root have to do with this'.

Oh, for a minute there I thought they actually said what the OP said they did.

Turns out she actually said was, “you think about what your grandparents did to give you a better life, what your parents did to give you a better life" -- that's what others can relate to, not "we can all related to surviving concentration camps."

Hardcore partisan ideologues sure to have a tough time being honest. What in the world is wrong with you people? Let go of the hate, it's going to eat you up. Trying to spread your misery to others is only a temporary fix.

Weird.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back