🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Fox News is preparing to fire Bill O'Reilly

No one even knows what exactly happened but here some of you are with excuses or hand clapping.
I'll be really disappointed and pretty disgusted if he's been a vile old shit... but I believe I'll wait and see if I need to feel those things

I enjoyed reading that. I'm not an O'Reilly fan nor viewer of Fox News (I do visit their website as one source of news) but I share your perspective about the excuses and hand clapping.

So you are saying then that you approve of what Bill did with the ladies.

Tough to be you, yes.
I'm not saying I approve of what he said. I'm saying that the accusations are lies.

I don't approve of what he said either, but I'd say the accusations are as yet unproven. Is it not more appropriate to wait for information about each accuser and the facts behind each case? Character assassination based on political motivation is becoming more commonplace these days, which is a sad commentary on our society that we are too quick to believe what is alleged against someone from the opposition and disbelieve what is alleged against someone from our side.
Fox got rid of Roger Ailes. O'Reilly was next.

It's all part of their planned move to the left.

It's fraud.

Fox might can O'Reilly but move to the Left? That makes no financial sense, why change a successful business model?
Politics.
Notice how many Fox people moved to MSNBC, NBC, and CNN?

Which proves nothing. I don't see Fox as different these days than they ever were. The day Fox moves Left is the day their ratings and corresponding financial success goes right down the toilet. Hard to believe those in charge could be that stupid, talk about killing the golden goose.

So, tipsycatlover, you approve of what Bill does with the ladies?

Like you approved what O'Trump did with the lassies?
I do not approve of lying which is the bimbo stock in trade. That the fake accusations are politically motivated does not justify the fakery.

Tough to be you, yes.
I'm not saying I approve of what he said. I'm saying that the accusations are lies.

I don't approve of what he said either, but I'd say the accusations are as yet unproven. Is it not more appropriate to wait for information about each accuser and the facts behind each case? Character assassination based on political motivation is becoming more commonplace these days, which is a sad commentary on our society that we are too quick to believe what is alleged against someone from the opposition and disbelieve what is alleged against someone from our side.
These "accusations" were five suits for sexual harassment brought between 2002 (or 2004) and 2015. It was not a liberal conspiracy to force him off the air. The women were all paid off RATHER than going to court to defend him, amounting to a total of $13 million. That was Fox's decision, not anyone else's, and for that amount of money, you better believe those women had pretty good evidence. This latest "open" complaint is not asking for any money damages. She just wanted it to be known that she had been annoyed by O'Reilly as well. That is completely normal and to be expected when things like this break. Look what happened when the stories started breaking about sexual abuse by priests. Suddenly a lot of people who had kept quiet began coming out of the woodwork. That's not for "attention."

I have a different perspective on the issue, being a woman. This kind of behavior is not at all unusual and the majority of women don't do anything about it BECAUSE of how people like you react. The woman is branded as a liar or a slut and is dragged through the mud. Unfortunately, we will do the same when women are raped, if the rapist is in the military or a college student. I've seen it here, so don't deny it. Blame the woman, like the Muslims do, as JakeS said.

With a boss like Ailes why would it be hard to believe Bill would get away with it for a decade and a half? Now that his pig friend is gone, it's time to finish cleaning house. This is a common problem and no one has any reason to doubt it.

It's fraud.

Fox might can O'Reilly but move to the Left? That makes no financial sense, why change a successful business model?
Politics.
Notice how many Fox people moved to MSNBC, NBC, and CNN?

Which proves nothing. I don't see Fox as different these days than they ever were. The day Fox moves Left is the day their ratings and corresponding financial success goes right down the toilet. Hard to believe those in charge could be that stupid, talk about killing the golden goose.
The move will be slow but it's happening right before our eyes.

I do not approve of lying which is the bimbo stock in trade. That the fake accusations are politically motivated does not justify the fakery.

Tough to be you, yes.

These "accusations" were five suits for sexual harassment brought between 2002 (or 2004) and 2015. It was not a liberal conspiracy to force him off the air. The women were all paid off RATHER than going to court to defend him, amounting to a total of $13 million. That was Fox's decision, not anyone else's, and for that amount of money, you better believe those women had pretty good evidence. This latest "open" complaint is not asking for any money damages. She just wanted it to be known that she had been annoyed by O'Reilly as well. That is completely normal and to be expected when things like this break. Look what happened when the stories started breaking about sexual abuse by priests. Suddenly a lot of people who had kept quiet began coming out of the woodwork. That's not for "attention."

I have a different perspective on the issue, being a woman. This kind of behavior is not at all unusual and the majority of women don't do anything about it BECAUSE of how people like you react. The woman is branded as a liar or a slut and is dragged through the mud. Unfortunately, we will do the same when women are raped, if the rapist is in the military or a college student. I've seen it here, so don't deny it. Blame the woman, like the Muslims do, as JakeS said.

With a boss like Ailes why would it be hard to believe Bill would get away with it for a decade and a half? Now that his pig friend is gone, it's time to finish cleaning house. This is a common problem and no one has any reason to doubt it.
Derp...derp....derp.

Yup.....first Gretta....then.....Megyn....now the Harvard prick gets the boot.

Seems to me Fox is cutting their own throat. Fox wants to capture some of the feminist viewers.

Tough to be you, yes.

YOU may have no reason to do it, given your political leanings. But there might be a lot of other people who would just as soon find out more about these people before jumping to conclusions as you have done. So the latest one isn't asking for money? YET. How sure are you she hasn't been paid by someone from the Left to smear Fox News? Not possible or likely you say? Bullshit I reply.

In any event O'Reilly is gone, according to some reports. Maybe he was guilty of everything that he was accused of, I don't know one way or the other. What I do know is he didn't get a chance to tell his side of the story, and we didn't get a chance to dig a little deeper into all these allegations. And I also know that justice requires a presumption of innocence, or at least some evidence of wrong doing. Which you apparently believe applies only to those you agree with.

Do you recall the case of those lacrosse players (men) who were falsely accused of sexual assault? Turned out they were not guilty, true? The woman made it up for whatever reason. Are you going to tell me there aren't women out there would love to smear O'Reilly and Fox News if for no other reason than politics?

Tough to be you, yes.

It's fraud.
Ah yes...another conspiracy.

Tough to be you, yes.

YOU may have no reason to do it, given your political leanings. But there might be a lot of other people who would just as soon find out more about these people before jumping to conclusions as you have done. So the latest one isn't asking for money? YET. How sure are you she hasn't been paid by someone from the Left to smear Fox News? Not possible or likely you say? Bullshit I reply.

In any event O'Reilly is gone, according to some reports. Maybe he was guilty of everything that he was accused of, I don't know one way or the other. What I do know is he didn't get a chance to tell his side of the story, and we didn't get a chance to dig a little deeper into all these allegations. And I also know that justice requires a presumption of innocence, or at least some evidence of wrong doing. Which you apparently believe applies only to those you agree with.

Do you recall the case of those lacrosse players (men) who were falsely accused of sexual assault? Turned out they were not guilty, true? The woman made it up for whatever reason. Are you going to tell me there aren't women out there would love to smear O'Reilly and Fox News if for no other reason than politics?
I know you won't believe me, but I don't make decisions like this based on who I "like." I think I was pretty clear why I believe it is not a bunch of lying women. It isn't "jumping to conclusions," imo, when Fox refused to defend O'Reilly in any of these suits and paid a whopping amount to keep it quiet. But I've already said that, too, and you have chosen to ignore everything I said. So forget it. If it's a conservative, he's "innocent until proven guilty" even if the employer chose NOT to defend him.

Good. I was getting tired of him filibustering his guests.

Tough to be you, yes.

I know you won't believe me, but I don't make decisions like this based on who I "like." I think I was pretty clear why I believe it is not a bunch of lying women. It isn't "jumping to conclusions," imo, when Fox refused to defend O'Reilly in any of these suits and paid a whopping amount to keep it quiet. But I've already said that, too, and you have chosen to ignore everything I said. So forget it. If it's a conservative, he's "innocent until proven guilty" even if the employer chose NOT to defend him.

Did Fox pay a whopping amount or did O'Reillly? Don't really know. I do think that Fox News was in a tough situation, how are they to know the truth behind the accusations? Especially after the Ailes fiasco, they cannot be seen as supporting a guy who may have done the things he's accused of. But when sponsors jump ship it becomes a business decision, and they decided to cut their losses. So I don't see it as an indication one either way as to the truth of the charges. But one thing I am absolutely convinced of is that there are many on the Left who totally HATE Fox News and would do anything to bring them down. ANYTHING.

Does that mean O'Reilly's accusers were all lying? NO. Does it mean that it's possible they all lied? IMHO, yes. I'd kinda like to reserve judgement on anybody until I see some kind of corroborating evidence. Like emails, recordings, something concrete. We're talking about ending somebody's career here, and that ought not to be taken lightly.

"corroborating evidence", task0778? Did you really just write that? Well, then, be consistent and wait for the corroborating evidence on Obama, Clinton, Trump, et al. Eh?

"corroborating evidence", task0778? Did you really just write that? Well, then, be consistent and wait for the corroborating evidence on Obama, Clinton, Trump, et al. Eh?

There is/was quite a bit of corroborating evidence against the Clintons (both of 'em), for a variety of misdeeds. In Obama's case not so much for illegal activity, I don't remember thinking he did anything of a criminal nature. I'm pretty sure he lied or deceived us on more than one occasion though. I think Trump has probably crossed the line for illegal activities during his business dealings, but so far any dealings between him and the Russians has yet to be proven or supported by evidence that has been made public.

Not a bad answer, I think, task. The FBI is working on the Russian connection, so we have time, which is probably running out quickly for The Orange Menace.

Tough to be you, yes.

It's fraud.
Ah yes...another conspiracy.
Nope, dumbass. It was announced in 2012. Only they called it a move to the center.

Fox News Lurches Left as Murdoch’s Sons Take Control of Media Dynasty

By Author Jerry A. Kane

Rupert Murdoch handed over 21st Century Fox, the conglomerate behind Fox News, to sons James and Lachlan July 1, 2015. James is now CEO and Lachlan executive co-chairman. Last year Murdoch elevated his sons to prominent positions, James to co-COO and Lachlan to non-executive co-chairman, but the turnover of the conglomerate came sooner than expected.

For 15 years, Roger Ailes has enjoyed near total autonomy as head of Fox News, but Ailes’ sovereign rule ended abruptly with the move. A 21st Century Fox spokesperson told The Hollywood Reporter from now on, “Roger will report to Lachlan and James.”

“For Ailes, it was a stinging smack-down and effectively a demotion.”​

Links

Fox 'course correction' rankles some

Is Fox News shifting to the Left?

Fox News Moves Left: Are We About to See the Birth of Another CNN?

Is Fox News (Officially) Moving to the Political Left? » Politichicks.com

Fox News would not let the biggest name on their station go over such an allegation. O'Reilly clearly has a history that has required Fox to payout millions in legal settlements.
No male is safe from the Feminazi brigades if enough of them lie and make accusations, and they know that.

Sadly, in this politically correct world anything a woman says about a male co-worker is believed and acted upon.

Thus a sideways glance is sexual harassment.

A compliment about nice habiliments is sexual harassment.

A "Good morning, you are looking good today" is construed "You called me ugly at other times of the day" so it is sexual harassment.

An accusation is as good as a conviction.

With sufficient malice and the certain knowledge that she can do it, a woman can ruin a man's life forever.
. Not only a women, but any other so called manufactured victim that the liberals are producing like an army just waiting their turn to strike now. It must be understood finally that the left is waging war upon the right, and if the right doesn't armor up for the battle, then they will be devoured as lambs being slaughtered by a lion. Many have been empowered to have one goal in mind these days, and that goal has become to destroy Christianity and consevatism.

Fox News would not let the biggest name on their station go over such an allegation. O'Reilly clearly has a history that has required Fox to payout millions in legal settlements.
No male is safe from the Feminazi brigades if enough of them lie and make accusations, and they know that.

Sadly, in this politically correct world anything a woman says about a male co-worker is believed and acted upon.

Thus a sideways glance is sexual harassment.

A compliment about nice habiliments is sexual harassment.

A "Good morning, you are looking good today" is construed "You called me ugly at other times of the day" so it is sexual harassment.

An accusation is as good as a conviction.

With sufficient malice and the certain knowledge that she can do it, a woman can ruin a man's life forever.
. Not only a women, but any other so called manufactured victim that the liberals are producing like an army just waiting their turn to strike now. It must be understood finally that the left is waging war upon the right, and if the right doesn't armor up for the battle, then they will be devoured as lambs being slaughtered by a lion. Many have been empowered to have one goal in mind these days, and that goal has become to destroy Christianity and consevatism.
The Alt Right is too cowardly to armor up for anything. You are all snowfakes and elfcats, for heaven's sakes. Oh, you are not real Christians, either.

Forum List

Back