FOX: No Soldiers Died Hunting for Bergdahl

2 soldiers died while Bergdahl search underway, but not while on patrol, Pentagon finds | Fox News

OMFG...watch the heads explode now!

Pentagon officials probing claims that eight soldiers died while looking for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl have confirmed two troops from his unit died while the search was underway, but not while they while they were on patrol, a senior defense official told Fox News Friday.

So how does this make it OK to trade 5 senior Taliban for a guy who walked away from his post of his own choice?

BTW, g5000's going to be pissed you started a Bergdahl thread, it's sick of them. He's not sick of telling us that though.

2 soldiers died while Bergdahl search underway, but not while on patrol, Pentagon finds | Fox News

Pentagon officials probing claims that eight soldiers died while looking for Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl have confirmed two troops from his unit died while the search was underway, but not while they while they were on patrol, a senior defense official told Fox News Friday.

I'm not sure if that's the case. I heard the family of a dead soldier make claim that their son did in fact die searching for Bergdahl.

PS Your Gif is disgusting and you have no respect for the other board posters who don't want to see that shit. I reported you (first time I ever reported anyone) but they haven't done anything yet.

I'm not sure if that's the case. I heard the family of a dead soldier make claim that their son did in fact die searching for Bergdahl.
You heard something from somewhere that supports what you want to believe, so it must be fact and everyone else on Earth is a low-information Dimocrap, right?

PS Your Gif is disgusting and you have no respect for the other board posters who don't want to see that shit. I reported you (first time I ever reported anyone) but they haven't done anything yet.
You're offended by that picture? Two guys who aren't kissing upsets you?

As an artist, I never thought that I would say these words to anyone, but "You should use your imagination less."

The article doesn't say they did not die searching for Bergdahl, it just says that they did not die specifically searching for him, they were engaged in other activities so a direct link to the search wasn't made. However, the search was a factor, it did affect their movements. But it was not the only factor. I'm not arguing they did die specifically because of Bergdahl either, just pointing out that the thread title is wrong.

I hope no one did die because of him. It changes nothing regarding the swap being a terrible idea though. The initial reports were just that the military had decided to not engage in the riskier missions they would a normal soldier because they concluded he'd walked away on his own. And in addition, swaps with terrorists are a terrible idea because it encourages them to focus on doing it again. Those are the big two reasons this was a bad move, and they are holding as true.

You heard something from somewhere that supports what you want to believe, so it must be fact and everyone else on Earth is a low-information Dimocrap, right?

You're offended by that picture? Two guys who aren't kissing upsets you?

As an artist, I never thought that I would say these words to anyone, but "You should use your imagination less."

I tend to believe the dead soldiers parents. I'm not offend by his gif, more so grossed out by it, as I'm sure a lot of people are.

Yeah, it's from the Pentagon who were cough cough unanimous cough cough in agreeing to free 6 Jihadists

It's the Pentagon's version of "If you like your plan, you can keep it. Period"

So how does this make it OK to trade 5 senior Taliban for a guy who walked away from his post of his own choice?

BTW, g5000's going to be pissed you started a Bergdahl thread, it's sick of them. He's not sick of telling us that though.

deflection noted

Fox has been lying since the get go, getting caught every time, creating Democratic voters as the stories get stupider

You're supposed to stay on topic in zone 2.

The rightwing myth may already be too embedded to be dislodged by facts. You know how that goes.

deflection noted

Fox has been lying since the get go, getting caught every time, creating Democratic voters as the stories get stupider

Sorry, JoeB, Fox reports stories they don't make them up

You know if you cry about it loudly enough you may inspire most of the gay rights supporters around here to put kissing-guys pics in their avatars and siglines.

So, by all means, keep it up. That would be a hoot.

No one in the government seems to have had a problem with that in the couple of years....that's right....COUPLE OF YEARS that they KNEW this trade was in the works....for those exact same 5 guys.

The 6 U.S. Soldiers Who Died Searching for Bowe Bergdahl - TIME

Pentagon officials have suggested that Bergdahl will likely not be charged with any violation of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, believing that five years in Taliban custody was punishment enough.

But those irate over Bergdahl fear that the nation has forgotten the men they say were lost in the hunt for him:

Bowen
Army
Staff Sergeant Clayton Bowen, 29, of San Antonio, Texas, and Private 1st Class Morris Walker, 23, of Chapel Hill, N.C., were killed by a roadside bomb in Paktika province on Aug. 18, 2009, while trying to find Bergdahl. Like Bergdahl, they were part of the 4th BCT from Fort Richardson, Alaska.

Bowen’s mother last heard from her son the night before he died. “Clay called me around midnight to tell me I

wouldn’t hear from him for a few days,” she said. She never heard from him again, although she can still hear his voice in the two CDs he recorded with the 82nd Airborne All-American Chorus. “He was the only bass in the group,” she said, “so you could always hear him.”

“What I think of first when I think of Morris is his smile because he was always smiling,” his junior-high teacher,

Walker
Army
Wanda Bordone, told the Associated Press after he died. “He had a great sense of humor, lots of friends.”

Staff Sergeant Kurt Curtiss, 27, of Murray, Utah, died Aug. 26 in Paktika Province, Afghanistan, of wounds suffered when he was shot while his unit was supporting Afghan security forces during an enemy attack. Like Bergdahl, Bowen and Walker, he was part of the 4th BCT.

Curtiss
Army
“I’ll never forget you Kurt,” Adrian Ramirez a fellow soldier from Fort Richardson, posted on a memorial site. “You were my first team leader from the beginning and my squad leader to the end. I will miss you and all the memories I have shared with you.”

2nd Lieutenant Darryn Andrews, 34, of Dallas, Texas, died Sept. 4 in Paktika Province when enemy forces attacked his vehicle with an improvised explosive device and a rocket-propelled grenade. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker and Curtiss, Andrews was part of the 4th BCT.

Andrews
Army
“We grew up with an enormous amount of pride for our nation,” Andrews’ mother, Sondra, told the Amarillo Globe-News. That was understandable: his father. grandfather and uncle had served in uniform. “We passed it on to our children, never thinking we would pay the ultimate sacrifice.”

Staff Sergeant Michael Murphrey, 25, of Snyder, Texas, died Sept. 6 in Paktika province after being wounded by an IED. Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss and Andrews, Murphrey was part of the 4th BCT.

“On his 17th birthday his family took him skydiving and after that,” his obituary read, “he decided he wanted to be an Army paratrooper.”

Murphrey
Army
On Sept. 4, 2009, Private 1st Class Matthew Martinek, 20, of DeKalb, Ill., was seriously wounded in Paktika province when Taliban forces attacked his vehicle with an improvided explosive device, a rocket-propelled grenade and small-arms fire.

The U.S. military rushed him to Landstuhl Regional Medical Center in Landstuhl, Germany—the same medical facility where Bergdahl is now being treated.

Bergdahl is expected to fly home to the U.S. soon for additional care and counseling.

Martinek never got that chance. He died a week after the attack—on Sept. 11.

Martinek “tried not to talk too much about what he was doing, but he said he liked helping people,” his brother, Travis Wright, told the AP.

Martinek
Army
Like Bergdahl, Bowen, Walker, Curtiss, Andrews and Murphrey, Martinek was part of the 4th BCT.

The diversion of these men and their units to the hunt for Bergdahl thinned the ranks of U.S. troops elsewhere in the region, contributing to several more American KIAs, U.S. soldiers who were there at the time believe.

deflection noted

I like the irony that you talk about me "deflecting" when I'm keeping the discussion on the topic and then you go off into Fox News. LOL.

I personally haven't seen a Fox story on it, so I'll take your word for it. But it sounds like from what you say they are the only ones pursuing the story, good for them.

Last edited:

deflection noted

Sorry, JoeB, Fox reports stories they don't make them up

Jake is upset Fox is breaking the cone of silence the liberal media has on reporting about this

No one in the government seems to have had a problem with that in the couple of years....that's right....COUPLE OF YEARS that they KNEW this trade was in the works....for those exact same 5 guys.

According to who?

Forum List

Back