FoxNews: Full blown, anti-government hatred

I used to be a die hard Fox viewer. But the last two years or so, I just cant ignore how nutty that channel has gotten.

It seems like almost every single sentence and story they utter has some sort of anti-government twist to it, some sort of message that makes the viewer hate the government. Right now Greta is running a "Victims of Government" segment. They spend all day ripping government, and twisting every story to make government appear evil.

Whatever. But they are fueling the sick minds of some very unstable people out there. Kinda scary.
Gee, it couldn't possibly be because government has become so much more intrusive and so much bigger, could it.....

I will never understand people who will worship government. It is a necessary evil, but one that MUST BE KEPT to an absolute minimum.

FoxNews is just telling people the truth about how harmful government has become. You'd probably be cheering them on if they were doing this to George Bush.

I used to be a die hard Fox viewer. But the last two years or so, I just cant ignore how nutty that channel has gotten.

It seems like almost every single sentence and story they utter has some sort of anti-government twist to it, some sort of message that makes the viewer hate the government. Right now Greta is running a "Victims of Government" segment. They spend all day ripping government, and twisting every story to make government appear evil.

Whatever. But they are fueling the sick minds of some very unstable people out there. Kinda scary.

They hate the government? I might have to start watching them.

On the other hand, I could just reject your position entirely because they really love the government, just not the one you want.

I will never understand people who will worship government. It is a necessary evil, but one that MUST BE KEPT to an absolute minimum.

They're no mystery to me. Govt-lovers are stupid lazy people who want the govt to take care of them their whole life - negros, hispos, and women. They haven't the brains or the drive to be successful. Only white males do.

I would venture that you are the sick mind and unstable people poster child.

All governments have a strong tendency to become evil, and therefore, require constant watching by the media and citizens. Your stick your head in the sand attitude is a result of naive ignorance.

All governments have a strong tendency to become evil, and therefore, require constant watching by the media and citizens. Your stick your head in the sand attitude is a result of naive ignorance.

Agreed. It was always intended that the MEDIA would serve as both the avenue of "news for the masses" but, more importantly, serve as a watchdog over government. They did an admirable job up until the time of Bill Clinton although their bias was readily apparent with the Kennedy's and their "vision" of Camelot.

They became so enamored with (Clinton) and the possibility of a liberal in office that they went hay-wire in their responsibility. They roasted Bush and did everything but tar and feather the man (most of it accurate) , and now worship at the feet of their Bolshevik leader Barry Obama.

There is NO UNBIASED media in the United States any longer. There IS, however, a media that operates as the WWE, pitting liberal against conservative, gay against straight, black against white, man against woman, republican against democrat, young against old, rich against poor, et al. All in the name of ratings.

I imagine that most MAFIA DONS find FREEDOM STIFLING regulations a trifle annoying too.

Agreed. It was always intended that the MEDIA would serve as both the avenue of "news for the masses" but, more importantly, serve as a watchdog over government. They did an admirable job up until the time of Bill Clinton although their bias was readily apparent with the Kennedy's and their "vision" of Camelot.

They became so enamored with (Clinton) and the possibility of a liberal in office that they went hay-wire in their responsibility. They roasted Bush and did everything but tar and feather the man (most of it accurate) , and now worship at the feet of their Bolshevik leader Barry Obama.

There is NO UNBIASED media in the United States any longer. There IS, however, a media that operates as the WWE, pitting liberal against conservative, gay against straight, black against white, man against woman, republican against democrat, young against old, rich against poor, et al. All in the name of ratings.

dear impossibly stupid troll,

The media helped Bush MARCH us to war in Iraq on the back of a pack of lies.

Pretending that did not happen makes you a lair

That's the problem with those who buy into absolutism, and there are plenty of 'em.

When they see ANYTHING that MIGHT in ANY WAY be someting with which they disagree, the alarms go off, lights start flashing, people start running around in circles, the world is coming to an end. "SEE, LOOK AT THAT! AAAAUUUGGGHHHH!"

The absolutists are like cartoon characters at this point.

th

Last edited:

You said: "and feather the man (most of it accurate) " IT WASN"T ACCURATE ! Why are people so stupid in IGNORING THESE FACTS!
YOU and other idiots don't seem to understand the enormous events that occurred during Bush while the idiot biased MEDIA "tarred and feathered"!!!
HERE READ THE REALITIES of Bush's years!

If these events had occurred during either Clinton or Obama's administration and based on their past executive actions where do you think the country would be?

1) Dot.com bust cost $5 trillion in lost market value.. this means every year for 30 years now starting in 2000 the federal revenue is over $66 billion written off against taxes owed.
How many people LOST jobs due to the bust??
According to the Los Angeles Times, when the dot-com bubble burst, it wiped out $5 trillion dollars in market value for tech companies. More than half of the Internet companies created since 1995 were gone by 2004 -
and hundreds of thousands of skilled technology workers were out of jobs.
The dot-com bubble: How to lose $5 trillion ? Anderson Cooper 360 - CNN.com Blogs

2) Did YOU forget that 9/11 occurred and it cost $2 trillion over the next 30 years again $33 billion will NOT BE PAiD.. was that Bush's fault?
Jobs lost in New York owing to the attacks: 146,100 JUST in New York!!
Year 2001: September 11 Terrorist Attacks
The 9/11 terrorist attacks were the events that helped shape other financial events of the decade. After that terrible day in September 2001, our economic climate was never to be the same again. It was only the third time in history that the New York Stock Exchange was shut down for a period of time. In this case, it was closed from September 10 - 17. Besides the tragic human loss of that day, the economic loss cannot even be estimated. Some estimate that there was over $60 billion in insurance losses alone.
Approximately 18,000 small businesses were either displaced or destroyed in Lower Manhattan after the Twin Towers fell. There was a buildup in homeland security on all levels. 9/11 caused a catastrophic financial loss for the U.S.
The Top 10 Financial Events of the Decade

3) $1 trillion in written off losses due to the WORST Hurricane SEASONS in history!
The worst Katrina made landfall in Louisiana as a Category 3 in 2005. It took 1,836 lives and caused $81.2 billion in damages. Andrew slammed into South Florida in 1992 as a Category 5. It caused 40 deaths and $30 billion in property damage. More than 250,000 people were left homeless and 82,000 businesses were destroyed or damaged.
Hurricane Katrina ALONE! Year 2005: Hurricanes Katrina and Rita
On August 25, 2005, Hurricane Katrina hit the Gulf Coast of the U.S. as a strong Category 3 or low Category 4 storm. It quickly became the biggest natural disaster in U.S. history, almost destroying New Orleans due to severe flooding.

Hurricane Rita quickly followed Katrina only to make matters worse. Between the two, more than $200 billion in damage was done. 400,000 jobs were lost and 275,000 homes were destroyed. Many of the jobs and homes were never to be recovered. Hundreds of thousands of people were displaced and over 1,000 were killed and more are missing. The effect on oil and gasoline prices was long-lasting.

400,000 jobs due to Hurricanes Katrina/Rita
145,000 jobs in NYC alone due to 9/11
300,000 jobs lost due to dot.com busts.

Almost 1 million jobs alone from those 3 events

4) Economic terrorist attack 9/18/2008 or how the world almost came to the end at 2pm on 9/18/2008.
How close to entire collapse the ENTIRE world's economy was on 9/18/2008 when an economic terrorist attack occurred..

On Thursday (Sept 18), at 11am the Federal Reserve noticed a tremendous draw-down of money market accounts in the U.S., to the tune of $550 billion was being drawn out in the matter of an hour or two. The Treasury ...estimation is that by 2pm that afternoon, $5.5 trillion would have been drawn out of the money market system of the U.S., would have collapsed the entire economy of the U.S., and within 24 hours the world economy would have collapsed. It would have been the end of our economic system and our political system as we know it."
Zero Hedge: How The World Almost Came To An End At 2PM On September 18

Again all this happened and at the same time the MSM was bashing the President DAILY!

Well, our job is to bash the president, that's what we do." --
Evan Thomas responding to a question on whether the media's unfair to Bush on the TV talk show Inside Washington,
February 2, 2007.Newsweek's Evan Thomas: 'Our Job Is To Bash the President' | NewsBusters

How can one ignore the FACT that $8 trillion in losses are being written off against tax payments?
How can one ignore that near 1 million jobs were lost DUE to those events?
How can one ignore THAT the results of these events have never been widely share because the biased MSM totally bashes Bush FACTS?
-------------------
When Bush started 131,785,000 people employed.
At the end of 2008 136,790,000 people employed or

5,000,000 more employed then when he took office.

When Bush took office in 2001 GDP was $12.355,271,000,000
when Bush left office in 2008 GDP was $14,359,490,000,000
---------------------------------------------------------------------
A 16% increase in GDP or $2 TRILLION.

ALL of the above GAINS in GDP and people employed IN SPITE of the 4 major world changing events AND the BASHING by the BIASED MSM!

NOW what would have been the executive orders by Clinton/Obama BASED ON their track record in response to the above events AND negative MSM?

I would guess we'd have martial law today. There would be 20% unemployment. GDP would be down 15% DJIA down to 3,000.
Banks like Cyprus would be nationalized. Oh and we'd be at war with Iran,Iraq, and a little known event major Israel cities be radioactive.
And because the Gorelick letter was still in force continual terrorists attacks on US cities including Austin,Tx courtesy of N. Korea!
OK..PLEASE GO to these supporting links.. READ carefully then tell me YOU still believe the lie Obama and others like you are perpetuating and which caused the biggest destruction of health care and 1/6th of the economy..

And don't give me CRAP about IRAQ/Part D etc...
YOU dumb fuck would never defend the lives of 28 million Iraqis, of which 100,000s' were starving under Saddam because the ass wouldn't obey sanctions!
You dumb fuck would NEVER consider the Moderization of Medicare WHICH provides ME today on Medicare with the BEST services!
Again you others are so brainwashed about Bush by the MSM you mouth the same idiocies!
Bush will be considered by historians as one of the Great presidents who in SPITE of all the above events kept the country together!
Increased GDP, survived 4 cataclysmic events and kept us safe from other attacks!
Please... don't be such a mouthing MSM believing idiot... READ THE FACTS then see how totally inane it is to say.."most of it accurate"!!!

I really do love America ---- as long as it remains One Nation Under God. I do not want one nation controlled by government, or many nationalities manipulated by Big Brother. The America I love seems to now only exist in history books and old family shows of the past. I am disgusted that government officials seem to concern themselves only with their own constituents, their own benefits and their own pay raises. Sorry, we need more than simply speeches that sound great but in fact tell us nothing. We need public servants and not dictators. We need an American government of the people, by the people and for the people. And that means one that really fears that GOD IS watching --- so that the elected don't take advantage of the people they are supposed to be serving.

Last edited:
I used to be a diehard Liberal. I'd tape Randi Rhodes Show and listen when I was going to sleep so the LOLiberalism would seep deep into my subconscious (My bucs90 imitation...pretty convincing, no?)

I really do love America ---- as long as it remains One Nation Under God. I do not want one nation controlled by government, or many nationalities manipulated by Big Brother. The America I love seems to now only exist in history books and old family shows of the past. I am disgusted that government officials seem to concern themselves only with their own constituents, their own benefits and their own pay raises. Sorry, we need more than simply speeches that sound great but in fact tell us nothing. We need public servants and not dictators. We need an American government of the people, by the people and for the people. And that means one that really fears that GOD IS watching --- so that the elected don't take advantage of the people they are supposed to be serving.

There is no god.

and what you want will not happen.

i sugest you move.

This is a democracy and your right wing handlers have lied to you about what reality is.

Don't worry. They will go back to licking boots as soon as a republican is elected president

Its truly pathetic. I was a loyal right winger during the Bush years. Watched Fox everyday, especially 8pm-10. They were NEVER this outright bias against any and all government. Like they are truly just trying to start political brush fires. Im sure MSNBC acted the same way under Bush.

Just more evidence of why Im correct in not voting for either party.

Loyal?

Riiiiiiight.:cuckoo:

" if you are not with us your against us"

yeap they will lick boot in a red hot second

"Sometimes you just haveta let your freedoms go and let Government have at it" Mayor Michael "Nanny State" Bloomberg

Any public official who had the temerity to utter a comment similar to "Nany State" Mike's in the aftermath of the Revolutionary War, War of 1812, WWI, or WWII would have been minimum, tarred and feathered and ran out of town on a rail. A few unluckier ones would have ended up decorating a street lamp post, some might have had their testicles removed and sewed to their lips just prior to the crowd checking out their blink reflexes. Today, the news media walks around proudly polishing their erections, as if they were badges of honor, while they repeat "Nanny State" Mike's words ad nauseum.

"Be afraid! Be very afraid!"

They spend all day ripping government, and twisting every story to make government appear evil.

What a wasted effort.....
There is no need for anyone else to try to make the government appear evil.
The government does a fine job of that themselves.

Forum List

Back