France's top court:UNCONSTITUTIONAL to levy 75% tax on rich

[
Joe's supposedly an "Eisenhower Republican" I think more of an Obama liberal

When Eisenhower became President... we were in a war... he kept wartime level spending in peace time, invested in the largest public works project in history.

He also initiated the first version of Medicare, fought for civil rights and voting rights, and resisted the crazies in his party who wanted to go back to isolationism and deregulation.

Oh, yeah, and he told the Zionists to pound sand when they tried to seize the Suez Canal.

This is when Republicans weren't the party of Crazy...

Aside from the civil rights part, what you listed above defines "crazy."

Gee, I don't know, I happen to LIKE the interstate highway system, don't you?

When my dad used to drive to his property in Northern Wisconsin, it took him 12 hours to get up there.

I make it in six...

Sadly, the disease that began with Goldwater and has now turned cancerous with the TEAbaggers has destroyed the GOP.

If given a choice between cutting social security (which people have already paid into, but funds were diverted to pay for wars and tax cuts for rich people) and taxing the rich to pay their fair share, you'd cut social security.

Why is always a choice of cutting social security?
There are so many other things that could easily be cut:
Foreign Aid
Aid to rebuild Iraq and Afghanistan
Stop the the War in Afghanistan
Cut out the Contractors who are doing the work of the US Military for 10x the pay scale.
The list is endless
Foreign Aid we spend lbout 50 billion. (38 in economic assistance, 15 in military assistance).
Except all of those things are barely a drop in the bucket.
Now, we could spend smarter on defense, to be sure, but if you want to seriously cut, the big targets are Medicaid, Social Security and Medicare.

They all may be just a drop in the bucket but those drops do start to add up.
Then you add in cuts in military spending and now you are talking. No reason the US should be the World's Policemen with bases in approximately 134 Countries.
As you stated "social security - which people have already paid into, but funds were diverted" Should be the very last thing that is consider.

Last edited:
I didn't "create" any of your selfish delusions.

You know what I've been doing?

I have worked saved and sacrificed for years to get where I am and that people like you who didn't do what I did think you have a right to my property is utterly disgusting.

Get out in the fucking world and make your own way you lazy sheep.

You know what, I've been working since I was 16, thank you. I'll be 51 in May. Worked two jobs and joined the National Guard to pay for college. Spent six years active duty military.

what do you want a fucking cookie?

Just because you were a little luckier (and honestly, I doubt you make much more money than I do), does not make you more virtuous than working folks who worked all their lives, but had the bad luck to run against someone with more greed than ethics in their life.

Funny how I've noticed the harder I work the "luckier" I get. It's typical of a failure to chalk other's successes up to luck though.

YOU DID BUILD THIS. When you allowed income inequality to happen on the scale it has happened in the last 30 years in this country, you pretty much cemented a character like Obama would get elected.

Obama couldn't have gotten elected 20 years ago. I certainly wouldn't have voted for him 20 years ago.

But I did this time.

Sorry but I've been too busy working my ass off and saving money so that I could start my own business to be jealous of everyone who made more money than me.

You should try it someday you might then realize that the only one to blame for your situation is you

I didn't "create" any of your selfish delusions.

You know what I've been doing?

I have worked saved and sacrificed for years to get where I am and that people like you who didn't do what I did think you have a right to my property is utterly disgusting.

Get out in the fucking world and make your own way you lazy sheep.

You know what, I've been working since I was 16, thank you. I'll be 51 in May. Worked two jobs and joined the National Guard to pay for college. Spent six years active duty military.

Just because you were a little luckier (and honestly, I doubt you make much more money than I do), does not make you more virtuous than working folks who worked all their lives, but had the bad luck to run against someone with more greed than ethics in their life.

Funny how I've noticed the harder I work the "luckier" I get. It's typical of a failure to chalk other's successes up to luck though.

YOU DID BUILD THIS. When you allowed income inequality to happen on the scale it has happened in the last 30 years in this country, you pretty much cemented a character like Obama would get elected.

Obama couldn't have gotten elected 20 years ago. I certainly wouldn't have voted for him 20 years ago.

But I did this time.

Sorry but I've been too busy working my ass off and saving money so that I could start my own business to be jealous of everyone who made more money than me.

You should try it someday you might then realize that the only one to blame for your situation is you

Guy, I'm not the one who crashed the economy. I'm not the one who shipped all the good paying factory jobs to third world shitholes. That would be the idiots you worship.

But given your statement you spend "half your time correcting your employees fuckups", I kind of suspect your business won't be around all that long.

Hey, maybe you should offer them vacation.

Do you have proof of that?

My point is, old folks are eating dog food, but a lot of them don't because we have food stamps, social security and other programs to take care of them after they've worked hard all their lives, which is what EVERY civilized society does.

The notion that we should let them starve because a Rich Person really deserves that private jet is just fucking crazy.

Whose notion is that? You Joe live in a world that doesn't exist in this country, you've been sucked into this world because of hate and your personal misery get some help man

It's what you fools are advocating.

If given a choice between cutting social security (which people have already paid into, but funds were diverted to pay for wars and tax cuts for rich people) and taxing the rich to pay their fair share, you'd cut social security.

Umm.....Social Security has to be reformed, it is unsustainable if left as is. Most people will get much more out then they ever paid in, reform man get it? And it was LBJ who made it possible to steal all our Social Security money to spend on other crap, not any Republican. Taxing more is not going to do anything to address our psyical problems, we spend too much money

SS is just fine because it takes in more than it pays out. The problem is the neo-con dems and pubs who take it for other stupid things, like wars.

We the People paid our SS and Medicare. It is not going anywhere.

[
Joe's supposedly an "Eisenhower Republican" I think more of an Obama liberal

Under Eisenhower, federal spending peaked at 18.8 percent of GDP in fiscal year 1954 and again in fiscal 1959. When Eisenhower left office in fiscal 1961, federal spending was 18.4 percent of GDP--a 9.8 percent drop from when he took office.

When Eisenhower became President... we were in a war... he kept wartime level spending in peace time, invested in the largest public works project in history.

He also initiated the first version of Medicare, fought for civil rights and voting rights, and resisted the crazies in his party who wanted to go back to isolationism and deregulation.

Oh, yeah, and he told the Zionists to pound sand when they tried to seize the Suez Canal.

This is when Republicans weren't the party of Crazy...

Eisenhower didn't run trillion dollar deficits, those don't seem to bother you much, we also spent tons of money rebuilding Europe and Japan, also we had no competition because the rest of the world was still rebuilding from WWII Obama was supposed to spend the stimulus on infrastructure projects, where’d the money go? You don't seem very concerned about that fact either….More cronyism that’s what we got for our money

The GOP is part of trillion dollar debts, too.

Dems rebuilt Europe and Japan, with some GOP help.

Americans have demonstrated they are not too concerned about Obama' culpability as their eyes turn towards the ultra rights and the libertarians.

SS is just fine because it takes in more than it pays out. The problem is the neo-con dems and pubs who take it for other stupid things, like wars.

We the People paid our SS and Medicare. It is not going anywhere.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdR7RWDpcVk]Social Security Slated to Run Dry in 2033, Trustees Warn - YouTube[/ame]

But I did this time.

Guy, I'm not the one who crashed the economy. I'm not the one who shipped all the good paying factory jobs to third world shitholes. That would be the idiots you worship.

But given your statement you spend "half your time correcting your employees fuckups", I kind of suspect your business won't be around all that long.

Hey, maybe you should offer them vacation.

I give vacation even to.my part time people and we've been open six years now and have been in the black since day one because I watch the business like a hawk

and more importantly I don't blame everyone else when things go wrong.

Americans have demonstrated they are not too concerned about Obama' culpability as their eyes turn towards the ultra rights and the libertarians.

America rebuilt Europe it wasn’t done by party, everyone paid get it? Of course all politicians are responsible for our debt, but we are not doing anything about it are we?

Umm.....Social Security has to be reformed, it is unsustainable if left as is. Most people will get much more out then they ever paid in, reform man get it? And it was LBJ who made it possible to steal all our Social Security money to spend on other crap, not any Republican. Taxing more is not going to do anything to address our psyical problems, we spend too much money

No, taxing will make sure we are bringing in enough revenues.

Here's the thing about you tax cutters. You've actually made government MORE popular. Look at all teh goodies we get, and we don't have to pay for it. Awesome. Cutting the spending should have been done before cutting the taxes.

Incidently, the only reason why Social Security is "unsustainable" is because the money we should have been setting aside was used for other things.

I agree, it needs reforms. But it shouldn't be reformed because the rich won't pay their fair share.

No, taxing will make sure we are bringing in enough revenues.

Here's the thing about you tax cutters. You've actually made government MORE popular. Look at all teh goodies we get, and we don't have to pay for it. Awesome. Cutting the spending should have been done before cutting the taxes.

Incidently, the only reason why Social Security is "unsustainable" is because the money we should have been setting aside was used for other things.

I agree, it needs reforms. But it shouldn't be reformed because the rich won't pay their fair share.

You are an economic illiterate. Raising taxes (especially in a poor economy) results in less tax revenue overall.

You are an economic illiterate. Raising taxes (especially in a poor economy) results in less tax revenue overall.

You guys have been spewing the supply side, Laffer Curve bullshit for 30 years.

All the way back to Reagan, who said it, and he tripled the national debt.

Then Clinton came along, raised taxes on the wealthy, and guess what, we had balanced budgets. And Peace. And Prosperity. And the worst thing we had to worry about was whether Clinton lied about a blow job.

Supply side doesn't work. Trickle down doesn't.

The Dems, with some GOP help, rebut Europe and Japan.

Don't over emphasize your weakness, Jroc.

America rebuilt Europe it wasn’t done by party, everyone paid get it? Of course all politicians are responsible for our debt, but we are not doing anything about it are we?

Boedicca and Jroc want taxes to go up on the 98% as well as the 2%, which will be devastating to the middle and poor classes.

The Dims didn't do shit. The taxpayers coughed up the money for the Marshall Plan, not the Dims, and it was a huge failure.

Forum List

Back