Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

Fox reporting Buttigeig has a rocket up his ass and is heading to the bridge.

Ghosts of East Palestine?

i'm sure the sec of transportation was on the deck, grabbing the wheel from the helmsman and aiming for the pylons.

more likely uninspected, foreign registered vessel crewed by unlicensed non union crew.
I guess it was a Harbor Pilot... he probably handles all kinds of ships inside that harbor... a ships captain like that must have decades of experience....

So quit building bridges across heavily used waterways. No reason ports can't be built elsewhere and traffic patterns modernized.
That bridge is near 50 years old and built in another era. The new one will be higher and the pylons further from each other. What comes from these tragedies is learning and safer techniques. That port needs it done quicker. Of course they may just rebuild to the same specs.

he FBI has begun questioning people to see if any Catholics or other white Supremacists were at the location at the time of the bridge collapse. Director of the FBI Christopher Wray said, "Now I don't want to sound any alarms here, but a jogger was seen running past the bridge right before it fell and they had a necklace with a cross on it. Coincidence?"
There are appropriate times to be an absolute shit-human.

Trump cultists, this isn't one of them.

I guess it was a Harbor Pilot... he probably handles all kinds of ships inside that harbor... a ships captain like that must have decades of experience....
the ship, on the other hand, is maintained by persons of varying skill levels. this may have been a mechanical failure.

the ship, on the other hand, is maintained by persons of varying skill levels. this may have been a mechanical failure.
Did you notice in the video that the ships deck lights were turning on and off?... It looked like it to me...

Um, no, they can't. ports need to be near population centers for obvious reasons as well as deep water areas for the other obvious reason. Plus the whole Chesapeake bay area needs bridges as it's a massive collection of bays and peninsulas.
Actually, population centers built around major ports

Did you notice in the video that the ships deck lights were turning on and off?... It looked like it to me...
hard to tell, but you can bet some serious guys are exemining that tape very carefully, and that no matter how skilled and experienced the captain, this is probably his last command.

Actually, there are such bridges although they are fairly new.

The same thing happened to the Sunshine Skyway Bridge over Tampa Bay quite some years back. It was rebuilt with solid barriers to the pylons.

Sunshine%20Skyway%20Bidge%20barriers-XL.jpg
Barriers were built to keep vessels from hitting the bridge, because the bridge can't survive being struck by a hundred-thousand-ton ship.

Righhhttt
The ship lost power twice. The US pilot from Baltimore Harbor was onboard at the time. The ship radioed in about the power loss and the port sent tugboats to assist, even though they knew it was too late. They tried to stop traffic flow both ways leading to the onramp of the bridge. Again, not enough time to do anything about it.

The ship lost power twice. The US pilot from Baltimore Harbor was onboard at the time. The ship radioed in about the power loss and the port sent tugboats to assist, even though they knew it was too late. They tried to stop traffic flow both ways leading to the onramp of the bridge. Again, not enough time to do anything about it.
If there were issues the Rig should have egressed and dropped anchor

Forum List

Back