Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

Which of democrat pets is responsible for this mess?
It was an inside job

No way that a bridge could fall just by being hit by a ship.
I suspect the bridge was built with Thermite charges and somebody ignited those charges to bring down the bridge

They say the workers were on the bridge to “fix potholes”
More likely they were setting Thermite Charges.

If Thermite charges could bring down the World Trade Center, it would be a simple process to take down a bridge

So many on here talking out their ass and making assumptions instead of waiting on facts. Politics has NOTHING to do with the bridge collapse. Get over yourselves and grow the fuck up! There are people in the water in their vehicles plus the construction crew that was on deck when the bridge was hit. All some of you can think of to do in this thread is to start bitching at each other over stupid crap that has nothing to do with the bridge being hit.

Around 1:30 a.m. a vessel leaving the Port of Baltimore struck the Key Bridge, causing it to collapse in a matter of seconds. Officials said the crew warned of a power issue and sent out a "mayday" before the collision.

...the ship apparently lost power a few minutes before striking the bridge. Authorities have not stated an official cause for the crash but Maryland Gov. Wes Moore said in a news conference the crew notified authorities “of a power issue" as it was traveling about 9 miles per hour. He said the crash seems to be an "accident" and added that the bridge was "up to code."

Moore said once the mayday was issued, officials on site stopped cars from coming over the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

I noticed the anchor wasn't dropped. I did not notice a pilot boat . The ones I have seen come in like that had a pilot boat and a tug boat. They said a MAYDAY call was made, if they lost power I would have thought dropping anchor would be a solution.
Sad situation all around.

If there were issues the Rig should have egressed and dropped anchor
IF you took the time to watch a couple videos already posted by others in this thread, you would have heard for yourself where the anchor was dropped, but since the ship lost all power, there was nothing they could do. All power lost means no rudder, no anything! The anchor helped slow it slightly, but would have never fully stopped it. Dropping an anchor with no power can also cause the ship to to veer in a direction you don't want it to go.

I drove over Key Bridge Around 11pm Saturday on way back from looking at a warehouse complex in Dundalk esrlier in the evening
Reports seem to be centering on complete loss of power including steering.
Few comments that construction lights on bridge drew pilot in but that’s unlikely

I noticed the anchor wasn't dropped. I did not notice a pilot boat . The ones I have seen come in like that had a pilot boat and a tug boat. They said a MAYDAY call was made, if they lost power I would have thought dropping anchor would be a solution.
That is a tough one.
Dropping anchor still could take a mile or two, to catch.
A tug against 400 or 500 times, of a ship, it's own weight without SOME help from the ship?

"Sad situation all around".
Agree.

the pilot boat may have dropped of the pilot and gone about other business, but a tug, maybe more depending on conditions, should have meen in position.

So many on here talking out their ass and making assumptions instead of waiting on facts. Politics has NOTHING to do with the bridge collapse. Get over yourselves and grow the fuck up! There are people in the water in their vehicles plus the construction crew that was on deck when the bridge was hit. All some of you can think of to do in this thread is to start bitching at each other over stupid crap that has nothing to do with the bridge being hit.

Around 1:30 a.m. a vessel leaving the Port of Baltimore struck the Key Bridge, causing it to collapse in a matter of seconds. Officials said the crew warned of a power issue and sent out a "mayday" before the collision.

...the ship apparently lost power a few minutes before striking the bridge. Authorities have not stated an official cause for the crash but Maryland Gov. Wes Moore said in a news conference the crew notified authorities “of a power issue" as it was traveling about 9 miles per hour. He said the crash seems to be an "accident" and added that the bridge was "up to code."

Moore said once the mayday was issued, officials on site stopped cars from coming over the Francis Scott Key Bridge.

Message board, Spanky. Get used to it and quit hyperventilating.

I join other members (and guests) in expressing the deepest condolences to the families of the victims.

Let's all hope that the government is very generous in its payout amounts to the families.

What a horrific way to die.

Seems to me, power outage or not, a ship that size should in no way have a trajectory that close to a bridge without having already assured sufficient clearance.
More likely Baltimore is still the shithole trump described it as.

This is why we need Biden's Build Back Better plan, however the Russia-first Republicans are obstructing.

We need to vote all their asses out!
How would Build Back Broker have prevented this? Do you folks even think at all?

I am making a comment about the thread topic. I DID NOT reply to your post. Paranoia can be a dangerous malady.
Cute try!

2024-03-26_jIM%20h52-X2.jpg

Forum List

Back