Francis Keys bridge hit by ship. Bridge collapses, mass casualty event.

Lost power and wanted to slow it down as much as they could but dropping anchor turned it very dramatically.
That’s a real low section of bridge so they were headed at a sharp angle toward the higher portion, lost power, and I guess the protocol is to drag anchor which might have worked in deeper water but shallower may have ratcheted up the sharp turning angle to the right and into the bridge
Incompetence.

As usual. You are wrong.

Were pilots fluent in English or were they diversity hires waiting for their asylum hearing?

And how about the maintenance crew that were responsible for keeping the steering gear in good working order?

We have to depend on the lib news media for that information

“Hold all traffic on the Key Bridge,” someone says. “There’s a ship approaching that just lost their steering.”

The immediate decision to block traffic saved lives.
In the video you can see traffic a minute before the ship took down the bridge. No cars are seen when the ship hit.

Not a moment to spare

Does anyone else remember the Naval accidents when Trump first became President???

US Naval warships would not respond to commands

A little nautical lore that I was unaware of.

When a ship strikes another ship it's a collision. When a ship strikes a fixed structure or berthed/stopped ship it's an allision.

The immediate decision to block traffic saved lives.
In the video you can see traffic a minute before the ship took down the bridge. No cars are seen when the ship hit.

Not a moment to spare
I watched a video clip early this morning from the port authority starting from a couple minutes before the ship hit until just after the collapse. I zoomed in the second time I watched it and saw several vehicles sliding down into the river. I've crossed that bridge over a thousand times. The side railing is high and the angle of the cameras that monitor the bridge make it hard to see vehicles unless it's a semi.

In the clip below, you'll see the top half of semi's cross. What you can't see very well are private vehicles.

Something else every...fking...day with this lying moron.

LOL! He's got the bridge in Baltimore confused with the one in DC. There's another with the same name that is also a major thoroughfare in DC:

I watched a video clip early this morning from the port authority starting from a couple minutes before the ship hit until just after the collapse. I zoomed in the second time I watched it and saw several vehicles sliding down into the river. I've crossed that bridge over a thousand times. The side railing is high and the angle of the cameras that monitor the bridge make it hard to see vehicles unless it's a semi.

In the clip below, you'll see the top half of semi's cross. What you can't see very well are private vehicles.

Early on you can see traffic moving in both directions
You see the Semis and headlights from cars.
When the bridge falls, you see the complete roadway with no cars or trucks.

I think the vehicles that fell in the river were parked and belonged to the construction crew

So if the boat hits one support the rest can hold the bridge, is that what you are telling us from your vast knowledge of bridge building 👷‍♀️.
Pretty sure the pylons would be in place to keep ships from hitting the stanchions the bridge relies on otherwise what would be the point?

The NTSB chief is speaking she looks and sounds like she is coming of an all nighter... she sounds like a white Kamala Harris... a lot of word salad but saying nothing....

LOL! He's got the bridge in Baltimore confused with the one in DC. There's another with the same name that is also a major thoroughfare in DC:
That was a joke during the Carter years. What do Jimmy Carter and the Key Bridge have in common? They both go into Rosslyn.

Forum List

Back