Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Oh FDR was a great war time POTUS but his handling of the GD merely extended it for years.

He was no saint and if he were running for POTUS today his affairs would have been front and center on the 24 hour a day news cycle.

Doubt either he or Kennedy would ever be elected as POTUS today.
<<Oh FDR was a great war time POTUS but his handling of the GD merely extended it for years.>>Claudette, I have heard this for years. It has become a Republican Mantra lately. I would like to know how this conclusion of extending the depression was arrived at. Can you tell me how the Roosevelt attempts at recovery extended the dust bowl/depression disaster here in America?

Do a little research baby. Google is your friend.
Starting where? Read who? Are there any unbiased authors on the subject? I remember the days of yore, but I was a child and a mere reflection of my grandparents with whom I lived. So direct me to an unbiased report of the times. Because I DO remember the America First movement that obstructed any attempts to rebuild the military, and even the Charles Lindbergh and Henry Ford trips to Germany to support Hitler. So I know some of the opposition FDR faced of the times. I also remember some talk of people who hated FDR appreciating the CCC. Any work was appreciated, as I recall. So choosing any author that would coincide with my memories would not suit you anyway. That's why I ask your advice...if only to see where you are coming from, and under whose influence you recite history opposite what I vaguely remember.

I've already done the research once. Its all in Google.

FDR provided jobs only problem was they were jobs that were paid for with tax dollars.

Hell. He's was taxing some companies and 99% no wonder they couldn't provide any jobs in the private sector. Its all there. Look it up. I did.
Oh FDR was a great war time POTUS but his handling of the GD merely extended it for years.

He was no saint and if he were running for POTUS today his affairs would have been front and center on the 24 hour a day news cycle.

Doubt either he or Kennedy would ever be elected as POTUS today.
<<Oh FDR was a great war time POTUS but his handling of the GD merely extended it for years.>>Claudette, I have heard this for years. It has become a Republican Mantra lately. I would like to know how this conclusion of extending the depression was arrived at. Can you tell me how the Roosevelt attempts at recovery extended the dust bowl/depression disaster here in America?

Do a little research baby. Google is your friend.
Starting where? Read who? Are there any unbiased authors on the subject? I remember the days of yore, but I was a child and a mere reflection of my grandparents with whom I lived. So direct me to an unbiased report of the times. Because I DO remember the America First movement that obstructed any attempts to rebuild the military, and even the Charles Lindbergh and Henry Ford trips to Germany to support Hitler. So I know some of the opposition FDR faced of the times. I also remember some talk of people who hated FDR appreciating the CCC. Any work was appreciated, as I recall. So choosing any author that would coincide with my memories would not suit you anyway. That's why I ask your advice...if only to see where you are coming from, and under whose influence you recite history opposite what I vaguely remember.

I've already done the research once. Its all in Google.

FDR provided jobs only problem was they were jobs that were paid for with tax dollars.

Hell. He's was taxing some companies and 99% no wonder they couldn't provide any jobs in the private sector. Its all there. Look it up. I did.
Googling the Great Depression will get you over 62 million pages to choose from. Is there a particular page that will back up and explain your claims?

There are some that really don't understand all the principles of diplomacy. Or they really have never understood the world at large.
The USSR was one of the elements that helped destroy the German war machine.

What's not admire about a president who loved and called the greatest butcher of humans at the time "Uncle Joe" Stalin?
At the time, "Uncle Joe" Stalin was an indispensable ally. It is not likely we could have defeated Germany without him. If we did it would have taken a lot longer and cost hundreds of thousands more American lives. So if your father fought in Europe during WW-II (mine fought in the Pacific) you might have "Uncle Joe" to thank if your father came home.

The success and benefits of FDR's New Deal programs can be seen today. They employed citizens to collect "relief" by working and earning assistance as they built infrastructure, much of which is still used today. The investments made during the FDR era with his New Deal initiatives are incalculable. One research group has pinpointed over 10,000 New Deal sites. Many of these projects are still being used today. They include a vast array of tangible projects like dams, bridges, roads, hospitals, schools, etc. Other projects would last for decades before having to be replaced.

Stalin's Stooge was a disaster. He caused more deaths and suffering than all other presidents combined.

Plus he purposely set up the Japanese, knew beforehand when and where they would attack, and refused to warn Pearl.

Treasonous!!!

See what our current education system does to kids. The child above is living in a dark fantasy world filled with paranoia and impotent rage.

Or were you home schooled?
I am long way from being a kid and probably like you I was brainwashed in the government schools to think FDR great. Then...I educated myself. You should try it.

Stalin's Stooge was a disaster. He caused more deaths and suffering than all other presidents combined.

Plus he purposely set up the Japanese, knew beforehand when and where they would attack, and refused to warn Pearl.

Treasonous!!!

See what our current education system does to kids. The child above is living in a dark fantasy world filled with paranoia and impotent rage.

I am long way from being a kid and probably like you I was brainwashed in the government schools to think FDR great. Then...I educated myself. You should try it.

I'm a long way from a kid as well and I always assumed FDR was a great POTUS.

He was great as a war time POTUS but his non war time? Not so great.

Anyone can find out what he did and what and how it affected the GD. All they have to do is look him up. That's what I did.

Treasonous!!!

Anyone can find out what he did and what and how it affected the GD. All they have to do is look him up. That's what I did.

A great POTUS?

He abolished SCOTUS and the US Constitution (1787-1935)

He declared the first national bankruptcy

He installed fascism as our socioeconomic system

what's so great about that?

/

I said a great war time POTUS he led America to victory in WWII.

As a non wartime POTUS he sucked.

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/
So if FDR abolished the Supreme Court is it now gone or what, and what of the Constitution is that now gone too?

He was a terrible war time POTUS. He forced unconditional surrender on Germany and Japan, causing the deaths of untold thousands. Then gave half of Europe to the most brutal dictator ever.

He was a terrible war time POTUS. He forced unconditional surrender on Germany and Japan, causing the deaths of untold thousands. Then gave half of Europe to the most brutal dictator ever.
So what about the Constitution did FDR abolish it or not? Might as well throw in the Supreme Court too, did FDR abolish that?

Reality check, the portions of eastern Europe allegedly given away were countries that had been allied with the Nazi's, even to the point of fighting beside them against the USSR. All those countries had been overrun by the Russians as the defeated the Germans on the Eastern Front. FDR was dead by the time a final decision was reached as to what to do with the nations that were occupied by Russian troops at the close of the war, although FDR had conceded to allow Russia to deal with them before he died. Hence, those areas were never in the US possessions and authority to "give away" without implementing a new war with Russia over lands they had defeated and conquered at great cost of Russian military losses.

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/

Treasonous!!!

A great POTUS?

/
So if FDR abolished the Supreme Court is it now gone or what, and what of the Constitution is that now gone too?

What researched have you conducted to rebut/refute my allegations?

Supreme Court Justice James Clark McReynolds wrote a dissent in the Gold Clause Cases:

• Norman v. Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Co.
  • United States v. Bankers Trust Co., 294 U.S. 240 (1935)
  • Nortz v. United States, 294 U.S. 317 (1935)
  • Perry v. United States, 294 U.S. 330 (1935)
Find his opinion, if you can not find his opinion WHY was it suppressed, censored?

After FDR threatened to abolish the SCOTUS then SCOTUS reversed itself and succumbed to his wishes to create a fascist welfare/warfare police state.

And the truth shall set you free.

Reality check, the portions of eastern Europe allegedly given away were countries that had been allied with the Nazi's, even to the point of fighting beside them against the USSR. All those countries had been overrun by the Russians as the defeated the Germans on the Eastern Front. FDR was dead by the time a final decision was reached as to what to do with the nations that were occupied by Russian troops at the close of the war, although FDR had conceded to allow Russia to deal with them before he died. Hence, those areas were never in the US possessions and authority to "give away" without implementing a new war with Russia over lands they had defeated and conquered at great cost of Russian military losses.

FDR covertly undermined the Poles before the war, so as to get them to go to war with Germany. All Hitler wanted was a small area of Poland, which had long belonged to Germany. FDR told the Poles to tell Hitler to fuck off. Instead of trying to resolve the issue and prevent war, FDR actively provoked war. Why?

Then after the war, the allies who went to war over Poland, gave it all to the most heinous dictator in history.

Of course, what FDR sycophants often ignore or try to hide is Stalin's alignment with Hitler and partition of Poland and conquest of the Baltic states.

FDR did all he could to save Stalin's ass. Why?

FDR covertly undermined the Poles before the war, so as to get them to go to war with Germany. All Hitler wanted was a small area of Poland, which had long belonged to Germany. FDR told the Poles to tell Hitler to fuck off. Instead of trying to resolve the issue and prevent war, FDR actively provoked war. Why?

Then after the war, the allies who went to war over Poland, gave it all to the most heinous dictator in history.

Of course, what FDR sycophants often ignore or try to hide is Stalin's alignment with Hitler and partition of Poland and conquest of the Baltic states.

FDR did all he could to save Stalin's ass. Why?

Why did FDR save Stalins ass?

Because Stalin was willing to lose millions of soldiers in defeating Hitler so that we didn't have to

Forum List

Back