Free? That Is A Laugh.

How many are sold by private citizens is not relevant. You are talking about putting gun dealers in prison. Private sales do not happen in gun shops or gun store. The private sales were not what we were discussing. But nice try at another diversion.

The private sales happen because the gun stores KNOW they are selling to straw buyers.

The straw purchasers Don t let this happen to you - Chicago Sun-Times

Spencer bought the .40-caliber handgun on Feb. 23, 2008, at Chuck’s Gun Shop & Pistol Range in south suburban Riverdale — seven months before her husband was caught with the weapon.

Between 2008 and March of this year, 268 guns bought at Chuck’s were recovered in crimes in Chicago within a year of purchase, according to the crime lab study.

Chuck’s was the single biggest source of crime guns over that period, the study found. Police suspect Chuck’s is a hotbed of straw purchasing. The owner, John Riggio, has declined to comment.

So bust those people involved. I have said that over and over and over. But that is not what you have been talking about. You have been talking about taking gun dealers who sell a gun to someone and that person commits a murder. If the dealer used the NICS, the federal gov't approved the sale.

This is what we have been discussing. If you want to discuss private sales, that is fine. But don't try to move the goal posts and pretend it was the original topic.

He lives-by choice-in CHICAGO. He couldn't be all that bright.

Jeez, no wonder he is fucked up. lol

Right, I live in a major city, as opposed to whatever fucked up swamp you live in.

I have spent time in Chicago and I have spent time in Atlanta. I am in the better of the two. Not sure where the Atlanta swamp is, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've been to Texas, Louisiana, OK, Arkansas and Virginia.

Seriously, it was like visiting Deliverence country.

[

So bust those people involved. I have said that over and over and over. But that is not what you have been talking about. You have been talking about taking gun dealers who sell a gun to someone and that person commits a murder. If the dealer used the NICS, the federal gov't approved the sale.

This is what we have been discussing. If you want to discuss private sales, that is fine. But don't try to move the goal posts and pretend it was the original topic.

The original topic was something about a crazy lady who wanted to poop in her garden and her city wouldn't let her.

[

The original topic was something about a crazy lady who wanted to poop in her garden and her city wouldn't let her.

Indeed it was. But you have taken it back to the other topic that you got beaten in. But to pretend that you were talking about private gun sales when you talked about sending gun dealers to prison is simply not true.

Right, I live in a major city, as opposed to whatever fucked up swamp you live in.

I have spent time in Chicago and I have spent time in Atlanta. I am in the better of the two. Not sure where the Atlanta swamp is, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

I've been to Texas, Louisiana, OK, Arkansas and Virginia.

Seriously, it was like visiting Deliverence country.

Did someone tell you had a pretty mouth and make you squeal like a pig?

Seriously, I spent 2 years working in Chicago. It was pure hell. Some of the suburbs were nice, and I found a few clubs with great jazz, but overall the city sucks.

Atlanta has everything Chicago has, with nicer people, better weather, and more to do.

Seriously, I spent 2 years working in Chicago. It was pure hell. Some of the suburbs were nice, and I found a few clubs with great jazz, but overall the city sucks.

Atlanta has everything Chicago has, with nicer people, better weather, and more to do.

Okay, I guess when you live in a city where 2 inches of snow bring you to a complete halt, I can see how you get confused.

Okay, I guess when you live in a city where 2 inches of snow bring you to a complete halt, I can see how you get confused.

Yep, you are correct that 2 inches of snow brings the city to a standstill. But then, we don't spend millions on snow removal equipment we don't need, just to avoid a day or two of traffic problems.

But then, I recall a few heat waves that hit Chicago and a dozen or so people died because they couldn't work out how to open a freakin window.

Irony file: Chicago actually IS built on swampland!

Irony file: Chicago actually IS built on swampland!

PERFECT!

[

Yep, you are correct that 2 inches of snow brings the city to a standstill. But then, we don't spend millions on snow removal equipment we don't need, just to avoid a day or two of traffic problems.

But then, I recall a few heat waves that hit Chicago and a dozen or so people died because they couldn't work out how to open a freakin window.

What, you are saying Global Warming is a real thing? They are going to throw you out of the "He Man Capitalist Club" you keep talking that shit.

[

Limiting who can get a gun MIGHT reduce crime. It would certainly make more victims.

Except the evidence is contrary. When Australia banned a lot of private guns in 1996, the murder rate dropped from 358 in 1996 to 188 in 2011.
And what about overall violent crime?

Your exclusion of all crime but the murder rate shows your dishonesty

[

Murder is the only thing I care about. I'm really not that worked up about who gets punched out in a pub after a rugby match.

Fact is, different countries count violent crimes in different ways. So while the US only counts "violence" where people get seriously messed up, other countries- you know, the ones where they have social safety nets and don't let every asshole own a gun- pretty much count every petty incident.

[

What, you are saying Global Warming is a real thing? They are going to throw you out of the "He Man Capitalist Club" you keep talking that shit.

Dude, it is Atlanta Georgia. We average a total of 2.1 inches per YEAR. Typically that is spread out over a month or two. We only have an average of 48 days of freezing weather per year. This is not global warming. It is Georgia.

[

Murder is the only thing I care about. I'm really not that worked up about who gets punched out in a pub after a rugby match.

Fact is, different countries count violent crimes in different ways. So while the US only counts "violence" where people get seriously messed up, other countries- you know, the ones where they have social safety nets and don't let every asshole own a gun- pretty much count every petty incident.
Like I said dishonesty, bias tunnel vision or any other adjective that describes limited thinking and the desire to control others that you can think of all describe you to a tee.

The fact is the vast majority of people who own a firearm will never kill anyone.

[
Like I said dishonesty, bias tunnel vision or any other adjective that describes limited thinking and the desire to control others that you can think of all describe you to a tee.

The fact is the vast majority of people who own a firearm will never kill anyone.

The vast majority of cars that get recalled never kill anyone. The vast majority of children toys that are pulled off the shelves never chock anyone.

Usually it takes one or two car crashes or chocked kids to get a recall started, force redesigns, and so on.

But they don't have a group like the National Rampage Association fooling people into thinking dangerous cars and toys are a good thing.

[

Exactly right. If all the murders were committed by legally owned firearms (and we know that is not accurate), then over 99% of the privately owned firearms were not used to kill anyone, and over 99% of gun owners never did. But those who want guns gone are willing to sensationalize the worst and focus on the rarest.

[

The vast majority of cars that get recalled never kill anyone. The vast majority of children toys that are pulled off the shelves never chock anyone.

Usually it takes one or two car crashes or chocked kids to get a recall started, force redesigns, and so on.

But they don't have a group like the National Rampage Association fooling people into thinking dangerous cars and toys are a good thing.

Guns get recalled too.

Recalls happen when items do not function as they are designed to do.

32,000 gun deaths, most of them committed with guns that were legally acquired.

And better than two-thirds of those were suicides. Whether there was a gun present or not, those would likely have happened. It is as dishonest to quote that now as when you first tried it.

Do you have a link for your "...most of them committed with guns that were legally acquired" claim?

32,000 gun deaths, most of them committed with guns that were legally acquired.

And better than two-thirds of those were suicides. Whether there was a gun present or not, those would likely have happened. It is as dishonest to quote that now as when you first tried it.

Do you have a link for your "...most of them committed with guns that were legally acquired" claim?

Initially, they were. Some Gun Shop sells to a straw buyer... knowing that it's going to a crook, that's "legal".

Kid shoots himself with that gun mom bought to fight off imaginary rapists, that's legal.

But, no, guns aren't a problem and the rest of the world doesn't exist.

Forum List

Back