Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

He has. Unlike you. What the hell do pre Civil Rights era African Americans have to do with this thread? Exactly, so politely can it.

What right do they have firing a man for making comments about gay marriage in a private venue outside of his TV show? Nobody wants to answer this question...

Katz bought that issue into this thread with a couple of posts, how come you didn't ask him to "can it"? :lol:

Why must you or anyone else feel the need to derail my thread? Both of you can it.

Stop crying, no one is "derailing" your thread. :lol:

There is likely some clause in his contract that allows it to be terminated for conduct detrimental to the network, no matter the venue.

Sorry, they aren't allowed to insert clauses like that into his contract. If he can't express himself freely apart from the show without being fired, A&E is in the wrong. It's like my boss firing me because I say something bad about the president in an interview.

Sure they are allowed to put a clause like that in his contract. NHLer Sean Avery was suspended years ago for stating that other players were dating his sloppy seconds.

"Signor is hereby prohibited from expressing religious views or religious viewpoints in any venue outside of A&E Networks, as they may be deemed detrimental to the well being and/or stature of A&E Networks. Any breach of this clause may result in immediate suspension and or termination of this contract by A&E networks."

No. That's completely preposterous, Mr. Rothstein.

Sorry, they aren't allowed to insert clauses like that into his contract. If he can't express himself freely apart from the show without being fired, A&E is in the wrong. It's like my boss firing me because I say something bad about the president in an interview.

Sure they are allowed to put a clause like that in his contract. NHLer Sean Avery was suspended years ago for stating that other players were dating his sloppy seconds.

"Signor is hereby prohibited from expressing religious views or religious viewpoints in any venue outside of A&E Networks, as they may be deemed detrimental to the well being and/or stature of A&E Networks. Any breach of this clause may result in immediate suspension and or termination of this contract by A&E networks."

Making up more lies?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Religious views aren't the issue.

Not really.

Why must you or anyone else feel the need to derail my thread? Both of you can it.

Shhh! He will put us on ignore for disagreeing with him. He hates view points that don't match his.

Gee, is that what GLAAD was thinking when they bullied A&E into suspending Phil Robertson? Hmm?

What are you gonna do, throw a tantrum because you have been thoroughly debunked in every way in this thread? Were you not the one who tried to initially derail my thread?

Grow up.

Shhh! He will put us on ignore for disagreeing with him. He hates view points that don't match his.

Gee, is that what GLAAD was thinking when they bullied A&E into suspending Phil Robertson? Hmm?

What are you gonna do, throw a tantrum because you have been thoroughly debunked in every way in this thread? Were you not the one who tried to initially derail my thread?

Grow up.

Seriously? :eusa_eh:

Then why did they air his family praying every episode or fire him for his involvement with religious groups?

You have no argument.

Because he threatened to take his show to another network if he wasn't allowed to mention Jesus or pray in his own show. They relented. Why didn't he sue them for infringing on his religious rights?

You have nothing, Luissa.

Not according to Phil Robertson and others on the show. A&E never said anything to him about him praying.
ujege7y5.jpg

"Phil's Robertson's son, Alan, also said:
The rumor that A&E told the Robertsons to tone down guns and prayer is not true. We continue to partner with A&E to make a great TV show that reflects our family's values."

Read more at http://www.snopes.com/politics/religion/duckdynasty.asp#PEqYltpE1VUD8V1T.99

Try posting facts, not lies.

Here Templar, since you missed it.

Not really.

So, he isn't allowed to be a Christian so long as he is under contract? This screams religious oppression, sir.

Not really.

So, he isn't allowed to be a Christian so long as he is under contract? This screams religious oppression, sir.

That's not what was said at all. A celebrity under contract quite often has a clause where they cannot say or do anything detrimental to the network they are under contract to. If you actually read the GQ interview, there was some pretty harsh things said about black people and gays.

Now...I personally think this is much ado about nothing and am beginning to suspect a publicity stunt.

Last edited:
Well, the Robertson clan is now in negotiating with a&e, so lets see where this goes. Should be interesting.

Uh yeah, you are. Even Lone Laugher has enough common sense stay on topic. You?

Go get your blankie, then reply to lies you posted.

What lies did I post exactly? Care to name them? Or are you talking out of your ass?

That A&E had a problem with praying and their religion.
The family has even made statements saying they didn't. Which kind of blows your whole argument out of the water.
See my post i just posted again, since you conveniently missed it the first time.

Not really.

If that was the case, anyone could claim religious oppression when making a dumb statement that threatens their job. Do you really think A&E doesn't have a team of lawyers on this?

Forum List

Back