Freedom of Religious Opinion? Not If You're Phil Robertson

Last edited:
It's all a joke. At worst, they move to the country music channel.

I'm not gay, and I've never considered homosexuality a sin, though promiscuous sex is not a good thing regardless of orientation. But, comparisions of homosexuality to alcoholism, or gambling, or "kleptomania" and such with messages of "hate the sin not the sin" don't seem hateful to me. I don't think they're valid comparisons because two homosexuals can have a committed and loving relationship, but alcoholism or some addiction hurts people.

but the beastiality thing. Too damn funny. He put wayyyyyy too much thought into the "anus" thing. lol

It's all a joke. At worst, they move to the country music channel.

I'm not gay, and I've never considered homosexuality a sin, though promiscuous sex is not a good thing regardless of orientation. But, comparisions of homosexuality to alcoholism, or gambling, or "kleptomania" and such with messages of "hate the sin not the sin" don't seem hateful to me. I don't think they're valid comparisons because two homosexuals can have a committed and loving relationship, but alcoholism or some addiction hurts people.

but the beastiality thing. Too damn funny. He put wayyyyyy too much thought into the "anus" thing. lol

Damn...You gots yourself a vagina
Why would you want to use an anus instead?

God sure works in mysterious ways

He was asked what acts he considered sinful. then he gave a list. he did not say that gays liked sex with animals----------even though some may.

Robertson put homosexuality in the same category as bestiality.

Nope. He did no such thing.
What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.

Perhaps nobody taught you context in English class, but there it is. Note how he was listing what he saw as a sin, not comparing anything to anything.

Of course he morphed it into Bestiality. He's free to do so. But he is not free from other opinions of what he said.

He was asked what acts he considered sinful. then he gave a list. he did not say that gays liked sex with animals----------even though some may.

He did no such thing. Quit lying.

You damned butt burglars amaze me with your histrionics. Go do your nails and drink a shirley temple.

What do you thing morph mean anyway? What a bunch of cry-babies.

"Happy Holidays"

Pi1O7Ek.jpg

Oh I don't know, lumping gays in with bestiality and claiming that Jim Crow era Colored folks didn't sing the Blues is hardly one thing!

"Happy Holidays"

No, God did.

James 2:10-11

New International Version (NIV)

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[a] also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Sin is sin if I read this correctly.

Telling a lie. Murder. Homosexuality. Lusting after my neighbor's wife. and etc.

If you do one you are a sinner. if you do the other, you have also sinned.

THAT's what Phil was getting at.

The man was asked a question and he gave a honest answer.

He's not politically correct and of course that pisses some folks off. Some folks who rather have you lie about what you really think. As long as it politically correct that is.

Hell. If you don't want an honest answer, don't ask the question.

He said nothing that I could take exception with.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vox

No, God did.

10 For whoever keeps the whole law and yet stumbles at just one point is guilty of breaking all of it.

11 For he who said, “You shall not commit adultery,”[a] also said, “You shall not murder.” If you do not commit adultery but do commit murder, you have become a lawbreaker.

Telling a lie. Murder. Homosexuality. Lusting after my neighbor's wife. and etc.

Is that old or new Testament?

What, in your mind, is sinful?

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” he says. Then he paraphrases Corinthians: “Don’t be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers—they won’t inherit the kingdom of God. Don’t deceive yourself. It’s not right.

Perhaps nobody taught you context in English class, but there it is. Note how he was listing what he saw as a sin, not comparing anything to anything.

Of course he morphed it into Bestiality. He's free to do so. But he is not free from other opinions of what he said.

Boys from the Bayou should not bring up bestiality

Exactly. When listing my top ten sins, slipping it to the milk cow never comes to mind. LOL

No, God did.

Got a recording of your "God" saying that? (Not the written word of men either.)

:lol:

Jesus H Chryst, he looks like he could have been on the set of Deliverance

Forum List

Back