Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness

The problem is the metric is passing from saying something about it into doing something about it.

Our constitution allows us not just to voice opposition to what we oppose but also to do something about it

"do something about it" Why do you guys have to speak in code all the time? Just come out and say your goal is to silence those who disagree with you by any means necessary.
Not the speaking in code bullshit again?

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Since it's not even close to being true, no.

Ignorance must be bliss.

I call it as I see it, and here I see a bunch of people defending the attempted silencing of those who disagree with them.
And as always you'd be talking out your ass.

if that's all you got left. I win.
Gee, how'd I know you would say that?
Could it be that it's your fall back position when you've had your ass handed to you?

Keep thinking that, oxygen thief.
Just stating fact.
Oxygen thief lol.
I see a tantrum on the horizon.

Tantrums are your side's specialty these days.

30-40 years ago. Your side has now taken up the mantle. Congrats.
In denial much.
Nothing you've or other conservatives have presented even comes close to your fictional depiction of events.

Go to any college campus where a conservative is about to speak, and you will see attempts to disrupt said speeches and to deny the speaker a forum.
They have that right.
Anymore nonsense?

They do not have a right to disrupt a speech, or prevent me from attending it.
they have the right to respond to and eject or disrupt the speaker if the speaker is promoting an offensive or dangerous subject.
Your attendance is your choice.
If you know a speaker is there to incite and still attend whatever happens is all on you.

No, they do not. There is no "right" to deny others their ability to speak.

And tell me how a mob has the right to "eject" anyone....

You are a freaking fascist.

Not approval, just the ability to say what one thinks without fear of personal ruin.

Call me an asshole, thats fine. but when you try to ruin what I have, that's a problem.

That you can't see it is sad.
What do you want to say that you fear will ruin you? You have your own business, no? So you can't be fired for what you say.

Remember political persuasions are not a protected class. One can easily be fired for ones political speech.
How about you answer the question?

You know my positions on various issues on this board. Some of them are not popular in some of my work social circles, so I feel the need to keep my mouth shut.

So you are saying political affiliation is now a protected class?
Political affiliation is not a PC issue. But you are saying you keep your mouth shut for business reasons. That makes you PC. Too funny.

No it doesn't. It makes me a victim of it. I am not the one advocating it.

I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender?

The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is.

Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"

so, let's get this straight... you're demanding free speech by shutting down the speech of people who call your donald out on being the bigot he is?

:rofl:

In denial much.
Nothing you've or other conservatives have presented even comes close to your fictional depiction of events.

Go to any college campus where a conservative is about to speak, and you will see attempts to disrupt said speeches and to deny the speaker a forum.
They have that right.
Anymore nonsense?

they have the right to respond to and eject or disrupt the speaker if the speaker is promoting an offensive or dangerous subject.
If you know a speaker is there to incite and still attend whatever happens is all on you.

you're living in opposite world. :lol:

They have that right.
Anymore nonsense?

you're living in opposite world. :lol:

How so? How is someone stopping me from entering a political rally exercising protected free speech?

What do you want to say that you fear will ruin you? You have your own business, no? So you can't be fired for what you say.

Remember political persuasions are not a protected class. One can easily be fired for ones political speech.

You know my positions on various issues on this board. Some of them are not popular in some of my work social circles, so I feel the need to keep my mouth shut.

Political affiliation is not a PC issue. But you are saying you keep your mouth shut for business reasons. That makes you PC. Too funny.

A victim? Are you Sarah Palin? Tres pathetic.

and PDS makes it's return. Honestly, you couldn't even use a more current Trump reference?

and PDS makes it's return. Honestly, you couldn't even use a more current Trump reference?
What exactly are you afraid of re your clients and your political views? I am sincerely curious. My clients have a wide range of political views and I don't hold them against them, nor do they hold mine against theirs.

What exactly are you afraid of re your clients and your political views? I am sincerely curious. My clients have a wide range of political views and I don't hold them against them, nor do they hold mine against theirs.

It sounds like you exist in the workplace equivalent of the Ideal Gas law.

So no answer?

it's a very simple answer. In NYC the pervading political views skew left. It's there in your team building meetings, its there in your social circles, its even written into the contracts of work you do. Things like sustainability and references to global warming. Everyone is for abortion on demand as a right written in the constitution, everyone thinks AGW is the leading concern of our time, everyone thinks guns are icky, and everyone thinks anyone who thinks otherwise is some mid america rube. Just me saying I vote republican gets me stares, and I'm sure whispers behind my back.

You assume that everyone can separate politics from business and work relations, and that is a naive notion, especially in the hyper politicized environment that progressives have created in the past 30 years.

The issue isn't that other people think i am wrong, I can live with that. The issue is they think I can't have those views without being stupid, evil, or a combination of those.

So no answer?

it's a very simple answer. In NYC the pervading political views skew left. It's there in your team building meetings, its there in your social circles, its even written into the contracts of work you do. Things like sustainability and references to global warming. Everyone is for abortion on demand as a right written in the constitution, everyone thinks AGW is the leading concern of our time, everyone thinks guns are icky, and everyone thinks anyone who thinks otherwise is some mid america rube. Just me saying I vote republican gets me stares, and I'm sure whispers behind my back.

You assume that everyone can separate politics from business and work relations, and that is a naive notion, especially in the hyper politicized environment that progressives have created in the past 30 years.

The issue isn't that other people think i am wrong, I can live with that. The issue is they think I can't have those views without being stupid, evil, or a combination of those.
Everyone??????????????????????????? Seriously, you have a very broad brush. If politics is a problem to discuss then simply don't discuss it. Same with religion, transfats, etc. It has NOTHING to do with PC.

So no answer?

Everyone??????????????????????????? Seriously, you have a very broad brush. If politics is a problem to discuss then simply don't discuss it. Same with religion, transfats, etc. It has NOTHING to do with PC.

Yes it does when one view is considered the "right" view, and all others are to be dismissed, and the people holding them feel the need to hide their viewpoints. The issue is the stifling of debate in this country and the ability of people who disagree to still work or even respect each other.

You don't care because it's your views that have the backing of the elite in this country, and do go out denying it.

PC is about forcing orthodoxy by either converting people to the "right" viewpoint, or suppressing people with the "wrong" viewpoint so they cannot enter the discussion or affect the outcome.

So no answer?

Yes it does when one view is considered the "right" view, and all others are to be dismissed, and the people holding them feel the need to hide their viewpoints. The issue is the stifling of debate in this country and the ability of people who disagree to still work or even respect each other.

You don't care because it's your views that have the backing of the elite in this country, and do go out denying it.

PC is about forcing orthodoxy by either converting people to the "right" viewpoint, or suppressing people with the "wrong" viewpoint so they cannot enter the discussion or affect the outcome.
Oh, bullshit. The "elite" in this country are made up of Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, etc. I don't care about it because politics has absolutely NOTHING to do with my job.

So no answer?

Oh, bullshit. The "elite" in this country are made up of Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, etc. I don't care about it because politics has absolutely NOTHING to do with my job.

Not much of a retort their Ravi, since you didn't address anything I actually pointed out.

So no answer?

Not much of a retort their Ravi, since you didn't address anything I actually pointed out.
All you pointed out was your weird paranoid doomsday scenario.

Forum List

Back