Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness

That's never how freedom of speech works, and the fact that you are pretending that it is the case just goes to show how much of a biased tool you are.

That is exactly how freedom of speech has always worked. Your confusion is from the fact that your point of view has always been the majority until recently. The country has changed and you are finally getting a view from the other side. So sad for you. Get used to it.

So its about revenge then? Right? Figures.

Any my views have always been about freedom of expression, so you don't know what you are talking about.

I know exactly what I'm talking about. You are free to disagree.
He seems to need to put words in other posters mouths and heads

I call it as I see it, and here I see a bunch of people defending the attempted silencing of those who disagree with them.
And as always you'd be talking out your ass.

Talk it up, boys. Doesn't mean it won't cost you. Free speech can be very expensive...

And here is the thuggery, right on time.
How is that fact thuggery?

If you can't or refuse to see it, or see it and agree with it but pretend not to, then I can't help you.
Dodge. if real thuggery was occurring there would be ample evidence to prove it.
Lazy much.

I can link plenty of actual cases of people trying to suppress conservative speakers on college campuses.
Then post them.
Your word on it means jackshit.

By making people scared to voice their opinion if it goes against the progressive mantra using bully tactics and such, they have found a way to silence people without even getting the government involved. So they can yammer on about it "not being censorship" while they get the same end result of government censorship.
what bully tactics?
The right is the undesputed champion of supression.

30-40 years ago. Your side has now taken up the mantle. Congrats.
In denial much.
Nothing you've or other conservatives have presented even comes close to your fictional depiction of events.

Go to any college campus where a conservative is about to speak, and you will see attempts to disrupt said speeches and to deny the speaker a forum.
They have that right.
Anymore nonsense?

They do not have a right to disrupt a speech, or prevent me from attending it.

I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender?

The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is.

Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"

PC has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech allows you to be criticized for the things you say. Trump also uses his freedom to criticize others

Since when does trying to ruin someone equal criticizing them back?

Words have consequences...if what you say ends up ruining you then that is the price you pay

Who gets to decide that? The most easily offended person out there? Because that seems to be the standard now.

Actually to clarify its the most easily offended person in a protected class. I forget, you can offend anyone else without fear.

My mistake.

The public usually decides

If someone protesting what you have said gets no response, it usually goes away
However, if the public agrees that what you have said was outrageous then you will get repercussions

I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender?

The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is.

Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"

PC has nothing to do with Freedom of Speech

Freedom of speech allows you to be criticized for the things you say. Trump also uses his freedom to criticize others

Since when does trying to ruin someone equal criticizing them back?

Words have consequences...if what you say ends up ruining you then that is the price you pay

Who gets to decide that? The most easily offended person out there? Because that seems to be the standard now.

Actually to clarify its the most easily offended person in a protected class. I forget, you can offend anyone else without fear.

My mistake.

The public usually decides

If someone protesting what you have said gets no response, it usually goes away
However, if the public agrees that what you have said was outrageous then you will get repercussions

Not anymore. now companies and organizations react to the screaming of a few perpetually offended idiots. I blame the companies and organizations more than I blame the protesters for this.

That is exactly how freedom of speech has always worked. Your confusion is from the fact that your point of view has always been the majority until recently. The country has changed and you are finally getting a view from the other side. So sad for you. Get used to it.

Any my views have always been about freedom of expression, so you don't know what you are talking about.

I call it as I see it, and here I see a bunch of people defending the attempted silencing of those who disagree with them.

if that's all you got left. I win.

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.

why are you folks always so backwards

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

You say something that I find offensive, my freedom of speech says I get to say something about it

The problem is the metric is passing from saying something about it into doing something about it.

Our constitution allows us not just to voice opposition to what we oppose but also to do something about it

"do something about it" Why do you guys have to speak in code all the time? Just come out and say your goal is to silence those who disagree with you by any means necessary.

You can say anything you want...it is your right
What you say can also bring consequences. You can go out of business, you can be fired, you can be ostracized

Isn't the first amendment great?

"I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side."
President Barack Obama

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

You say something that I find offensive, my freedom of speech says I get to say something about it

The problem is the metric is passing from saying something about it into doing something about it.

Our constitution allows us not just to voice opposition to what we oppose but also to do something about it

"do something about it" Why do you guys have to speak in code all the time? Just come out and say your goal is to silence those who disagree with you by any means necessary.
Not the speaking in code bullshit again?

"Make the case as to why they're wrong. Win over adherents. That's how — that's how things work in — in a democracy. And I do worry if young people start getting trained to think that if somebody says something I don't like, if somebody says something that hurts my feelings that my only recourse is to shut them up, avoid them, push them away, call on a higher power to protect me from that."
President Barack Obama

And here is the thuggery, right on time.
How is that fact thuggery?

If you can't or refuse to see it, or see it and agree with it but pretend not to, then I can't help you.
Dodge. if real thuggery was occurring there would be ample evidence to prove it.
Lazy much.

I can link plenty of actual cases of people trying to suppress conservative speakers on college campuses.
Then post them.
Your word on it means jackshit.

Here you go, dippy. This the worst one, with protesters actually preventing people from entering, and preparing to menace those about to leave:

Campus Protesters Try to Silence Conservative Ben Shapiro

Led primarily by the school’s Black Student Union and Black Lives Matter chapter, the hundreds of demonstrators, including some professors, poured into the Student Union building Thursday afternoon to block other students from attending the event.

Many in the dense crowd of protesters shoved and shouted at attendees who tried slipping through the doors.

She said more than a dozen police officers stayed inside the theater, ordering attendees to stay put until the crowd dissipated. A demonstrator pulled the fire alarm midway through the lecture, but Shapiro carried on with his remarks despite the shrill noise and pounding at the doors.

"I’ve heard of some college campuses where they don’t want to have a guest speaker who is too conservative, or they don’t want to read a book if it had language that is offensive to African Americans or somehow sends a demeaning signal towards women,” Obama said Monday while speaking at a town hall meeting at North High School in Des Moines. “I’ve got to tell you, I don’t agree with that either -- that you when you become students at colleges, you have to be coddled and protected from different points of view. Anybody who comes to speak to you and you disagree with, you should have an argument with them, but you shouldn’t silence them by saying you can’t come because I’m too sensitive to hear what you have to say.”
President Barack Obama

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

Not the speaking in code bullshit again?

Truth hurts, doesn't it?

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

You can say anything you want...it is your right
What you say can also bring consequences. You can go out of business, you can be fired, you can be ostracized

Isn't the first amendment great?

Where does the first amendment say you can ruin someone for their political views?

Gee, how'd I know you would say that?
Could it be that it's your fall back position when you've had your ass handed to you?

Gee, how'd I know you would say that?
Could it be that it's your fall back position when you've had your ass handed to you?

Keep thinking that, oxygen thief.

Forum List

Back