Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness

PC is free speech

You say something that I find offensive, my freedom of speech says I get to say something about it

The problem is the metric is passing from saying something about it into doing something about it.

Our constitution allows us not just to voice opposition to what we oppose but also to do something about it

"do something about it" Why do you guys have to speak in code all the time? Just come out and say your goal is to silence those who disagree with you by any means necessary.
Not the speaking in code bullshit again?

Truth hurts, doesn't it?
Since it's not even close to being true, no.

He seems to need to put words in other posters mouths and heads

I call it as I see it, and here I see a bunch of people defending the attempted silencing of those who disagree with them.
And as always you'd be talking out your ass.

if that's all you got left. I win.
Gee, how'd I know you would say that?
Could it be that it's your fall back position when you've had your ass handed to you?

Keep thinking that, oxygen thief.
Just stating fact.
Oxygen thief lol.
I see a tantrum on the horizon.

what bully tactics?
The right is the undesputed champion of supression.

30-40 years ago. Your side has now taken up the mantle. Congrats.
In denial much.
Nothing you've or other conservatives have presented even comes close to your fictional depiction of events.

Go to any college campus where a conservative is about to speak, and you will see attempts to disrupt said speeches and to deny the speaker a forum.
They have that right.
Anymore nonsense?

They do not have a right to disrupt a speech, or prevent me from attending it.
they have the right to respond to and eject or disrupt the speaker if the speaker is promoting an offensive or dangerous subject.
Your attendance is your choice.
If you know a speaker is there to incite and still attend whatever happens is all on you.

you want to be an asshole AND have peer approval, tough shit...

Not approval, just the ability to say what one thinks without fear of personal ruin.

Call me an asshole, thats fine. but when you try to ruin what I have, that's a problem.

That you can't see it is sad.
What do you want to say that you fear will ruin you? You have your own business, no? So you can't be fired for what you say.

Remember political persuasions are not a protected class. One can easily be fired for ones political speech.
How about you answer the question?

You know my positions on various issues on this board. Some of them are not popular in some of my work social circles, so I feel the need to keep my mouth shut.

So you are saying political affiliation is now a protected class?
Political affiliation is not a PC issue. But you are saying you keep your mouth shut for business reasons. That makes you PC. Too funny.

"I don't want you to think that a display of your strength is simply shutting other people up. And that part of your ability to bring about change is going to be by engagement and understanding the viewpoints and the arguments of the other side."
President Barack Obama
I wonder what Obama would think of your putting posters on ignore to shut them up. You should email him and ask him.

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.

why are you folks always so backwards

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

You say something that I find offensive, my freedom of speech says I get to say something about it

with pc speech you are not free to do so dummy
False !

false my ass

if you do then it is not politically correct dummy

I believe that freedom of speech is our most important Constitutional right and that political correctness is its greatest adversary. The question is, who among our Presidential candidates will be its greatest defender? The answer, obviously, is Donald Trump. You may not like his speech, but he is the embodiment of exercising that right. Ted Cruz makes good legal arguments, and the rest of the GOP candidates espouse conservative Constitutional principles, but Trump is the only one who puts his money where his mouth is. Of course this "offends" those who want to control your speech, your thoughts and your money. Isn't it time we finally tell these people to "fuck off?"
Aren't you saying "fuck off" right now? IMO, you're the one that's the enemy of free speech. You want the right to be an asshole without anyone having the right to point it out.
I placed that expression in quotation marks as a counterpoint to politically correct speech.
So did I. So you got a counterpoint! How about a point other than "woosh"? You're completely ignoring the charge that you're the one that's against free speech. I wonder why?!?! :cool-45:

The-Silencing-Powers-CVR-v10-PERS.jpg
Wouldn't she be the first one silenced? Looks like someone's adopted the Limbaugh model, i.e. making a buck off of gullible rubes!!!

Wouldn't she be the first one silenced? Looks like someone's adopted the Limbaugh model, i.e. making a buck off of gullible rubes!!!
Oh. I see.

Here's a nice, long list of HONEST liberals for you.

Starting off with the President. Of the United States.

Is he playing us for "gullible rubes" too?

:laugh:

PC is freedom of speech. You people are a hoot.

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

False !

false my ass

Your ass is mistaken.

cold is hot

left is right

now pc is free speech

--LOL

PC is free speech

False !

false my ass

Your ass is mistaken.

hey dummy if you say it

then it is not PC

PC is free speech

False !

false my ass

Your ass is mistaken.

hey dummy if you say it

then it is not PC
Of course it is.

Forum List

Back