"Freedom Watch" calls the President a criminal for killing Bin Laden

Bin Laden

When did the left criticize Bush for going after Bin Laden?
how does that question have anything to do with what I said?

That's not an answer.

There's a bunch of people here accusing the Left of hypocrisy on this issue, because they support the killing of Bin Laden, supposedly only because Obama is now president.

I would like to know who on the Left opposed going after Bin Laden when Bush was president.

why limit this to just bin laden?

Following the execution of Saddam Hussein, leaders from a handful of countries issued statements. Leaders of India,[51] Cambodia,[52] and Sri Lanka,[53] as well as the presidents of Brazil,[54] and Venezuela expressed opposition to the execution.[55]

Leaders and governments of many European countries also expressed strong disapproval of using capital punishment in this and any case, including Austria,[56] Denmark,[57][58] Finland,[59] Germany,[60] Italy,[41] the Netherlands,[61] Norway,[62] Portugal,[63] Spain,[64] Sweden,[65] and Switzerland[66] and the United Kingdom.[67][68] The European Commissioner for Development aid Louis Michel stated that the execution of Saddam Hussein is against the fundamental principles of the European Union (EU). The EU is against the death penalty, regardless of the crimes committed. "It is not a big day for democracy", Michel stated to the RTBF. "The EU is in fierce opposition to the death penalty and there is no exception to that fundamental principle. Cruelty is not to be answered with cruelty. I believe that there were other possible means to revenge the cruelties committed by Saddam. The death penalty is not the right answer." He feared that the execution of Saddam will have a negative impact and that the former dictator will emerge as a martyr. "You don't fight barbarism with acts that I deem as barbaric. The death penalty is not compatible with democracy", he told Reuters.[69] The Reverend Federico Lombardi, of the Vatican, expressed sadness and disapproval of the death penalty.[70] Chile,[71] Belgium,[72] Russia,[73] and Serbia[74] expressed disapproval of capital punishment in this and any case, and also expressed concerns about implications of the execution on stability in Iraq.

Hosni Mubarak, the President of Egypt, called the execution shameful and unthinkable, and stated that the execution turned the ex-president into a martyr. "I am not saying whether Saddam did or did not deserve the death penalty. I am also not getting into the question of whether this court is lawful under occupation. I knew they wanted to administer the sentence before the end of the year, but why on the Muslim holiday? People are executed all over the world, but what happened in Baghdad on the first day of Eid al-Adha was unthinkable. I didn't believe it was happening", he said. "In the end, no one will ever forget the circumstances and the way in which Saddam was executed. They turned him into a martyr, and the problems in Iraq remained."[75]

Terry Davis, Secretary General of the Council of Europe, an international organization of which almost all European states are members, made an official statement condemning the execution: "The trial of Saddam Hussein was a missed opportunity ... It was an opportunity for Iraq to join the civilised world. The former Iraqi dictator was a ruthless criminal who deserved to be punished, but it was wrong to kill him. Saddam Hussein is no longer paying for his crimes; he is simply dead ... The death penalty is cruel and barbaric, and I call on the Iraqi authorities to abolish it. It is late, but not too late, for Iraq to join the great majority of civilised and democratic countries in the world who have already abolished the death penalty."[76]

Execution of Saddam Hussein - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And you're not answering the question either.

Who Obamush? Stupid when I said a large portion that should have given you a clue.

Name a few people on the Left who have said Bush should be jailed for having gone after Bin Laden.

Or the better question *IS* that many on the left wanted to see Bush And Cheney 'Fogmarched' for starting the Wars in Afghanistan/Iraq...

Stop trying to deflect...

I'm just saying Iraq was not the wrong country to invade. Saddam had to go. Oil is a consideration. Why is Obama involved in Libya and not in Syria? Oil protection. Oil is blood to the USA. Without oil we die. It's vital national security for this administration as well as the last one.

Whether or not Iraq SHOULD have been invaded is not my point. I happen to think it shouldn't have been, but not for "peacenik" reasons, I just thought it was the wrong move.

No, my point is that all the JUSTIFICATIONS that were given to the American people in order to convince them to invade Iraq in the first place, actually applied to Pakistan and not Iraq.

The justifications you are stating actually weren't brought up much until after the fact.

Last edited:
You gotta love fox. Isnt this "judge" the replacement for Beck?

What the hell is the difference?

The difference is he has a title (dubious though it may be) and he's on Fox's bastard sister channel, Fox Business News. Though what he has to do with business, I have no clue.

Or the better question *IS* that many on the left wanted to see Bush And Cheney 'Fogmarched' for starting the Wars in Afghanistan/Iraq...

He's not deflecting.

You're combining the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as if they were the same thing, and you're doing it for a reason.

Fact is, hardly anyone had a problem with Afghanistan. Most still don't.

Lot's of people had an issue with Iraq, however.

I think Obama said it best in a speech at the time "I don't oppose all wars... What I am opposed to is a dumb war."

Words to live by.

"We're ferr FREEDUMB!"

LoLing @ "Freedom Watch"

Rightwingers really love falling for utter bull$hat.

49izadw.gif

you can tell your Deans buddy.....

Who Obamush? Stupid when I said a large portion that should have given you a clue.

Name a few people on the Left who have said Bush should be jailed for having gone after Bin Laden.

bush-in-jail.jpg

Bush in Jail? A Possibility?

0BushCheneyPrison-755146.gif

Just for chits and grins

264927523_240x240_Front.jpg

Jail_Bush.jpg

May Day '05 in New York (Soviet Union Square)

01-bush-get-out-of-jail-freee-card.jpg

Raymond Velencia Released from OCA to Go to GOA with JP’s Blessing… Justice Denied! « Voices from Russia

pic-jail-bush.jpg

He's not deflecting.

You're combining the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, as if they were the same thing, and you're doing it for a reason.

Fact is, hardly anyone had a problem with Afghanistan. Most still don't.

Lot's of people had an issue with Iraq, however.

I think Obama said it best in a speech at the time "I don't oppose all wars... What I am opposed to is a dumb war."

Words to live by.

Guess WWII was wrong but for the same purpose as there were different theatres?

*WAKE UP*

Are you normally this stupid? History escape you?

Why are people claiming it was illegal under international law? Which law, specifically. Or agreement, or whatever you wish to call it.

Well we basically violated another country's sovereignty, and killed someone that was wanted, but unarmed, and pretty much did instant justice. A lot of rumors are going around, and so a lot of details about the whole operation is unclear. So to be honest there isn't anything that could be said with certainty that its factual. With that being said we are wrong to have just killed him like that on the spot. And we should have brought him into our custody, and put him on trial. That is how you deal with war criminals and terrorist. We've done this to people in the past that have done more heinous crimes than OBL.

Last edited:
Guess WWII was wrong but for the same purpose as there were different theatres?

*WAKE UP*

Are you normally this stupid? History escape you?

Wake up to what?

What bizarro world do you live in that the Invasion of Iraq somehow helped the war on terror?

I'm not going to go into whether Iraq was morally wrong. It was STUPID. And it diverted our attention from Bin Laden and Al Qaeda for years.

It'd be like deciding to invade Russia in the middle of WWII. Just. Fucking. Stupid.

Why are people claiming it was illegal under international law? Which law, specifically. Or agreement, or whatever you wish to call it.

Well we basically violated another country's sovereignty, and killed someone that was wanted, but unarmed, and pretty much did instant justice. A lot of rumors are going around, and so a lot of details about the whole operation is unclear. So to be honest there isn't anything that could be said with certainty that its factual.

We killed an international terrorist that was supposedly on Pakistani territory without the Pakistani's permission or knowledge.

Therefore, we did them a favor.

That is, unless they knew he was there all along. In which case we did violate their sovereignty. But of course, that would also be grounds for war.

And, again, I'm not even sure why we are having this conversation.

The only reason to bother to bring this subject up is to try and defend Osama Bin Laden in order to score some political points.

Because, in order for Obama to be prosecuted for a "crime" in this case, there would have to be a party that was harmed. That party would be Osama Bin Laden.

And, again, I'm not even sure why we are having this conversation.

The only reason to bother to bring this subject up is to try and defend Osama Bin Laden in order to score some political points.

Because, in order for Obama to be prosecuted for a "crime" in this case, there would have to be a party that was harmed. That party would be Osama Bin Laden.

So it would behoove OBAMA to get his story straight and Cease PLAYING POLITICS with it for his Re-election BID...

Make sense?

What does any of that have to do with Bush's going after Bin Laden?

As usual, you are trying to include Iraq in the hunt for Bin Laden, as if it were somehow part of the same action.
Follow the post in order it answers the original comment

Try as you might to educate these cetins? You only push your joints toward carpel tunnel my friend...they are too ensconsed in thier alternate Universe...

(Images)

As usual, you are trying to include Iraq in the hunt for Bin Laden, as if it were somehow part of the same action.

That's not an answer.

There's a bunch of people here accusing the Left of hypocrisy on this issue, because they support the killing of Bin Laden, supposedly only because Obama is now president.

I would like to know who on the Left opposed going after Bin Laden when Bush was president.

That's exactly what a large portion on the left are, they praise Obamush for exactly the samething they wanted to jail Bush for.

bush-in-jail.jpg

Bush in Jail? A Possibility?

0BushCheneyPrison-755146.gif

Just for chits and grins

264927523_240x240_Front.jpg

Jail_Bush.jpg

May Day '05 in New York (Soviet Union Square)

01-bush-get-out-of-jail-freee-card.jpg

Raymond Velencia Released from OCA to Go to GOA with JP’s Blessing… Justice Denied! « Voices from Russia

pic-jail-bush.jpg

Here's what you didn't answer, stupid:

Forum List

Back