Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

How many Americans have starved this year? Inquiring minds want to know.

GEEESUSS! WTF is wrong with you? The wording is different, the tense is different, but both call for a number, not a link to a sob story.

Death is implicit in the past tense of 'starve'. He is a monosynaptic cretin.

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

Wasn't easy..but I didn't die.

Well, golly gee, if I fucked off on the internet during my working hours I'd probably have to work overtime also. Instead, I work while at work instead of playing on the internet.

Well I can also multitask. Like now? I am eating Chinese food, bouncing switches, compiling a new release and burning a few CD with data that we provide for customers while monitoring the whole shebang on Monmons/ICINGA/NAGIOS while I am typing this.

Ain't that a pip?

The government wasn't shutdown, last I looked it was about 17% that were furloughed. I wouldn't call that a shutdown. Only the dumb media and the fools that that believe them call it a shutdown.

I'm thinking the last nuts that got enough power to fuck up the government and take it over was somewhere around 1774.

That's like the right wing fantasy ain't it? It cost the government billions, the economy 24 billion, there were about 800K furloughed and they figure it cost about 100K jobs.

So much for reality, eh?

Perhaps if you didn't post at work when you are supposed to be working you could do a better job at your job and not have all that to do on the weekends.

What does any of that have to do with my job?

I don't work for the government.

Um..I work in IT.

Alot of time spend here..is waiting for stuff to complete.

Not like you'd know anything about that.

I know about down time at work. I never worked where the would not fire your ass for playing around on a message board. If you are waiting on something to complete, you should find other work to do on your company's (or government's) time.

Actually..you don't know what the fuck you are talking about.

I put in 15 hours yesterday. I am taking up the slack because the boys in Pune are on Diwali holiday. Which is part of the reason I am putting in 12 hours today.

Lately? I spend maybe 6 hours a day at my home.

And that is JUST to sleep.

Ahhhh... Poor boy. Do you need cheese with your whine?

I have put 60-80 hours in every week. I'm out of town 5 days a week, I love the job.

Maybe if you stayed off the USMB, you'd have more time! :lmao:

All you have is lies? Why am I not surprised. Or did you think she said it when she was 9?

For the record, when Marie Antoinette was told about the starving peasants she donated her own money to help them. If she had been a real bitch she would have raised taxes on them to buy them food.

Wait, that is your solution, sorry.

:lol:

Yeah..and she was so beloved she lost her head over it.

People just love monarchies..which is why there are so many around today.

:cool:

They hated her because, when she was young and foolish, she actually believed that government spending was good for the economy.

Oh gosh.

A conservative defending a monarch.

How quaint.

GEEESUSS! WTF is wrong with you? The wording is different, the tense is different, but both call for a number, not a link to a sob story.

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

Strawman!

I know about down time at work. I never worked where the would not fire your ass for playing around on a message board. If you are waiting on something to complete, you should find other work to do on your company's (or government's) time.

I put in 15 hours yesterday. I am taking up the slack because the boys in Pune are on Diwali holiday. Which is part of the reason I am putting in 12 hours today.

I have put 60-80 hours in every week. I'm out of town 5 days a week, I love the job.

And you are where now?

Libs don't believe we conservatives work. They think we have it made in the shade eating off the gravy train. They envision us as fat cats victimizing 'the little guy.' Libs who work resent working and they don't give their employers good value for their money because this is how they see him. Libs don't understand people who have ambition. They have none. All they want is enough to live hand to mouth and a government big enough to raise all the children they can produce in a lifetime.

No it isn't.

one more time with verve.....

And you are where now?

You are the only one claiming to be at work featherbedding on your employer's valuable time.

No it isn't.

one more time with verve.....

Well holy fuck! Even Captain Kangaroo put a few stones in his soup!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Soup

The Union Soldiers were occupying a fort in a foreign country.

For cryin' out loud, let it go. The Confederates were traitors who wrought unprecedented death and suffering for the sake of the evil institution of slavery. They lost, the Union was preserved, and the nation as a whole moved on and prospered as none other in history. It was a long time ago, and the traitors were crushed. That will not change no matter how many times people like you - for whatever Quixotic reason - try to rewrite history and gorge yourselves on ancient sour grapes. LET IT GO.
By your logic the Founding Fathers were traitors.

You don't seem to understand logic or American history.

And you are where now?

Home for a day and a half. That's why I don't post regularly, most of it is late evenings.

Need more cheese, want to cry more?

For cryin' out loud, let it go. The Confederates were traitors who wrought unprecedented death and suffering for the sake of the evil institution of slavery. They lost, the Union was preserved, and the nation as a whole moved on and prospered as none other in history. It was a long time ago, and the traitors were crushed. That will not change no matter how many times people like you - for whatever Quixotic reason - try to rewrite history and gorge yourselves on ancient sour grapes. LET IT GO.
By your logic the Founding Fathers were traitors. I guess it comes down to who gets to write the history books.

They were. If we had lost the Revolution they would have been shot by the crown.

No it isn't.

And I'm betting that I didn't buy the ketchup.

Being hungry was probably good for you. It likely gave you incentive to not go hungry again.

No it isn't.

And I'm betting that I didn't buy the ketchup.

Being hungry was probably good for you. It likely gave you incentive to not go hungry again.

Someone should have given him a recipe for gruel. I don't believe his story. I think it is a strawman.

So where are all these starving people in the US at? Will we start seeing UNICEF commercials to help the starving helpless black people living in the ghettos?

You Obama knob slobberers cry wolf about EVERY issue. Shutting down the gov for a few days was going to be the end of the world. Now we're supposed to believe a small decrease in welfare is going to lead to starving kids. You got your fucking Hussein-Care implemented and you STILL have to bitch and whine about something!

I was talking to Sallow who said that Confederate soldiers attacked Fort Sumpter. While this is the truth, as far as it goes, until shortly before hostilities, the fort was essentially empty. It was only manned when South Carolina secided. The garrison was asked to abandon the fort. They would have been free to leave unmolested, but instead decided to call for reinforcements.

Now I don't know where you live, but let's assume you live in Massachusetts. How would you react if The Mexican Army set up a garrison in Boston? Would you not ask them to leave? Would you allow them to stay if they refused?

I was talking to Sallow who said that Confederate soldiers attacked Fort Sumpter. While this is the truth, as far as it goes, until shortly before hostilities, the fort was essentially empty. It was only manned when South Carolina secided. The garrison was asked to abandon the fort. They would have been free to leave unmolested, but instead decided to call for reinforcements.

Now I don't know where you live, but let's assume you live in Massachusetts. How would you react if The Mexican Army set up a garrison in Boston? Would you not ask them to leave? Would you allow them to stay if they refused?

Let's try this again:

-The traitorous Confederacy was wrong

-The traitors clinging to slavery were wrong

-The traitorous rebels started the war

-The traitorous Confederacy was rightly crushed

-This was all over and done with long ago

- LET IT GO

Forum List

Back