Friday will be a bad day to be hungry.

Death is implicit in the past tense of 'starve'. He is a monosynaptic cretin.

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

Wasn't easy..but I didn't die.

Strawman!

Um..no.

It's anecdotal.

And it's basically to put on display my own experience with starvation did not result in death.

As is the circumstance with quite a few folks.

Death is implicit in the past tense of 'starve'. He is a monosynaptic cretin.

No it isn't.

I grew up poor. I know what it's like to starve. I spent a week eating "Blood soup" when I was 8. It was my own creation of dumping Ketchup into boiling water.

And I'm betting that I didn't buy the ketchup.

Being hungry was probably good for you. It likely gave you incentive to not go hungry again.

Well that it did.

But I'm not so sure having a crappy childhood is good for anyone.

It is what it is..

No it isn't.

Being hungry was probably good for you. It likely gave you incentive to not go hungry again.

Someone should have given him a recipe for gruel. I don't believe his story. I think it is a strawman.

See we do have something in common!

I don't believe your story either.

:smiliehug:

Average loss, $7. A month!!
Terrible.
You can earn that in 1 hour!!
Bit of effort you could earn 10 times that in one hour!!

Hear that grandma?

Hey grandma...get a fucking job, go back to college, start a new career...get your lazy ass out of that chair!!!

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.
Leviticus 19:32

For cryin' out loud, let it go. The Confederates were traitors who wrought unprecedented death and suffering for the sake of the evil institution of slavery. They lost, the Union was preserved, and the nation as a whole moved on and prospered as none other in history. It was a long time ago, and the traitors were crushed. That will not change no matter how many times people like you - for whatever Quixotic reason - try to rewrite history and gorge yourselves on ancient sour grapes. LET IT GO.

I was talking to Sallow who said that Confederate soldiers attacked Fort Sumpter. While this is the truth, as far as it goes, until shortly before hostilities, the fort was essentially empty. It was only manned when South Carolina secided. The garrison was asked to abandon the fort. They would have been free to leave unmolested, but instead decided to call for reinforcements.

Now I don't know where you live, but let's assume you live in Massachusetts. How would you react if The Mexican Army set up a garrison in Boston? Would you not ask them to leave? Would you allow them to stay if they refused?

Let's try this again:

-The traitorous Confederacy was wrong

-The traitors clinging to slavery were wrong

-The traitorous rebels started the war

-The traitorous Confederacy was rightly crushed

-This was all over and done with long ago

- LET IT GO

#1 The Confederacy was not wrong. They were entitled to leave the union just as much as the were free to join it 90 years earlier.
#2 I will not debate the morality of slavery, but it was legal at the time, so, according to the Constitution, they were not wrong.
#3 The Confederacy did fire the first shots, but in response to an armed occupation by Forces from a foreign country.
#4 Yes, it was, and the union became less perfect.
#5 Of course it was, but the powers unconstitutionally applied by Lincoln are still in place.

Let it go? This is an intellectual debate. I am not saying the South shall rise again and marching down the road singing Dixie. I don't hold a hoard of Confederate currency. I'm simply interested in history and constitutional abuses.

Last edited:
No it isn't.

Well that it did.

But I'm not so sure having a crappy childhood is good for anyone.

It is what it is..

I got beat by my father. Was it good for me? Kept me out of prison and I was a better father as a result of it.

So, yes and no, then I try to find the silver lining.

I was talking to Sallow who said that Confederate soldiers attacked Fort Sumpter. While this is the truth, as far as it goes, until shortly before hostilities, the fort was essentially empty. It was only manned when South Carolina secided. The garrison was asked to abandon the fort. They would have been free to leave unmolested, but instead decided to call for reinforcements.

Now I don't know where you live, but let's assume you live in Massachusetts. How would you react if The Mexican Army set up a garrison in Boston? Would you not ask them to leave? Would you allow them to stay if they refused?

Let's try this again:

-The traitorous Confederacy was wrong

-The traitors clinging to slavery were wrong

-The traitorous rebels started the war

-The traitorous Confederacy was rightly crushed

-This was all over and done with long ago

- LET IT GO

#1 The Confederacy was not wrong.

History has long since rendered its verdict on this. Move on.

Yes we do. There are plenty of people who can't get help much less what they are owed.

That statement ^^^^ (see bolded) right there is the biggest part of the problem I have with this whole public assistance bullshit. Just what is anybody owed? My employer owes me my wages I have earned. I owe my debtors money I have promised to repay them. No one is owed a living at the expense of anybody else.

OWE: definition
1.be obligated to pay back money: to be under an obligation to pay or repay somebody an amount of money
2.be financially in debt: to be financially in debt to somebody or for something
3.be indebted for something: to have something, usually some desirable thing, only because of something or somebody else

That statement is 100 percent true. The rest of that BS you prattled on about means nothing. I err guess congratulations for paying back your loans?

They could get their ass to work, the lazy bums.
Spitting out babies like an automatic weapon to get more dosh!!
Fat lazy scumbags, let em go without!

Stop massive immigration.
Stop illegal immigration and the stealing of the jobs of Americans.
Arrest employers who are hiring illegals.

Get American jobs back from China, the Philippines, India etc.
Then em might actually have somewhere to work.

It's the federal govt's responsibility to make sure all its citizens have enough food to eat, warm blankets, shelter, and free healthcare if they cannot afford it.

It's the federal govt's responsibility to make sure all its citizens have enough food to eat, warm blankets, shelter, and free healthcare if they cannot afford it.

Why?

Because I say it is. ;)

You would have a system that is otherwise?
Americans freezing cold, sick, hungry/starving and living on the streets, without shelter, unable to seek help from a doctor or hospital?

Last edited:

Why?

Because I say it is. ;)

You would have a system that is otherwise?
Americans freezing cold, sick, hungry/starving and living on the streets, without shelter, unable to seek help from a doctor or hospital?

As I've said before, charity is a moral duty. When the fruits of your labor are taken by force and distributed to the idle in return for their vote, it is no longer charity OR moral.

Terrible.

Hear that grandma?

Hey grandma...get a fucking job, go back to college, start a new career...get your lazy ass out of that chair!!!

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

You shall rise up before the gray-headed and honor the aged, and you shall revere your God; I am the Lord.

oh shut with the dramatics
if anything seniors grew up knowing how to tighten their belts at times in their lives...not like you spoiled children today wailing about people are going to starve because they lose a few dollars in food stamps..
stop using our seniors for your all's bs

Last edited:
This thread makes me feel guilty. I can't wait til next October when I can stop the food assistance. And no..we don't get checks for rent and whatnot. Just food. Still makes me feel...weird. I have never asked for a handout in my life. I have always worked. But now I'm kinda stuck between a rock and a hard place and have no choice. :(

Terrible.

Hear that grandma?

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

if anything seniors grew up knowing how to tighten their belts at times in their lives...not like you spoiled children today wailing about people are going to starve because they lose a few dollars in food stamps..

I am a 'senior'

The American people are not 'spoiled', they work hard, take pride in their work, are given fewer benefits, paid sick time, paid leave and less vacation than any other industrialized country. You right wing scum say you love America, it's just AmericANS you can't stand.

Hear that grandma?

elderly-wheelchair.jpg

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

Do you hear me grandma?

I am a 'senior'

The American people are not 'spoiled', they work hard, take pride in their work, are given fewer benefits, paid sick time, paid leave and less vacation than any other industrialized country. You right wing scum say you love America, it's just AmericANS you can't stand.

If you are an senior as I am, then I am damned ashamed of you using them for your ugly postings
that post was childish

Forum List

Back