Funny Thing About Actor Liev Schreiber...

bayoubill

aka Sheik Yerbouti...
Dec 30, 2008
Cajun Country
he's recently shown up in ads advocating gun control...

and yet he starred in a movie about Belarusian Jews taking up arms against Nazi oppressors...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yw6Rwum7zcU]Defiance - Trailer - YouTube[/ame]

if Schreiber's view had held sway amongst the citizens of Eastern Europe 70+ years ago, there would have been no movie about the Belarusian Jews' exploits...

because there would have been no armed resistance...

the people would have been completely unarmed...

and killed...

with no one to speak for them...

Yup.

They won WWII.

If it weren't the the Belarus resistance and Liev, we'd all be speaking German.

not quite following the point of your post...

would you rather that the citizens not have the means to fight against their oppressors...?

Bayoubill -

Do you thnk the fact that Americans are not actually being herded into death camps and exterminated might undermine your agument a little?

Yup.

They won WWII.

If it weren't the the Belarus resistance and Liev, we'd all be speaking German.

not quite following the point of your post...

would you rather that the citizens not have the means to fight against their oppressors...?

Why I am agreeing with you bud..

And don't you remember when Patrick Swayze and his rag tag group of mall kids fought off a Russian invasion?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DprFYMvWXLo]Red Dawn - Clip 09 - WOLVERINES!! - YouTube[/ame]

Those were the days!

I'm confused why you're tying an actor's work to his real life views. That would be like thinking Clint Eastwood is a gun toting racist just because he was in Gran Torino. But I came in this thread to say Liev Schreiber was awesome in Goon.

I'm confused why you're tying an actor's work to his real life views. That would be like thinking Clint Eastwood is a gun toting racist just because he was in Gran Torino. But I came in this thread to say Liev Schreiber was awesome in Goon.

Exactly.

Raiph Fiennes played a Nazi in the Schindler movie...does that mean he is never able to play a Jewish character?

This is especially bad news for Anthony Hopkins - who once played a black man, and now presumably can't find work as a white man.

Forum List

Back