🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

G O P Lawmakers Continue To Stoke Ebola Fears

Lakhota

Diamond Member
Jul 14, 2011
Native America
n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

With fears running high after the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the U.S., Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) are doing their part to keep Americans scared. Both lawmakers said this week that the 3,000 troops President Barack Obama is sending to West Africa to fight the virus will return infected and spread Ebola at home.

"You also have to be concerned about 3,000 soldiers getting back on a ship," Paul said in a Wednesday interview with radio host Laura Ingraham. "Where is disease most transmittable? When you're in a very close confines on a ship -- we all know about cruises and how they get these diarrhea viruses that are transmitted very easily. Can you imagine if a whole ship full of our soldiers catch Ebola?"

“I think because of political correctness we’re not really making sound, rational, scientific decisions on this," he added.

Paul, who is a likely contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, went on to say that the Obama administration had downplayed the risk of sending U.S. military personnel to Ebola-infected areas.

Gohmert echoed some of Paul's sentiments on Thursday, telling Lou Dobbs of Fox News that political correctness was behind Obama's decision to dispatch "3,000 military into where they can get Ebola that they can bring back."

"The military is not trained to go catch Ebola and die. They're trained to go in and kill the people that want to come back and kill us," Gohmert said. "The president’s priorities are all mixed up here. All you got to do is shut down traffic in and out of places where there’s high risk of Ebola.”

Few members of Congress voiced any disagreement in mid-September when the White House first announced plans to send troops to combat the Ebola virus. Even Republican leaders like House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) endorsed the decision, offering rare praise for the president.

"What the administration's doing is correct," McConnell said at the time.

More: GOP Lawmakers Continue To Stoke Ebola Fears

Once again, Republicans try to politicize a crisis and twist it for partisan gain.

The incubation period is a week or better. I hope you are right, but being wrong has huge consequences. Thanks for gambling with other people's lives Lakhota

obama intends for as many of these 3000 as possible become infected. Look at what obama did with the open borders flu. He made sure the sick and contagious were distributed in every state.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

With fears running high after the first case of Ebola was diagnosed in the U.S., Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) and Rep. Louie Gohmert (R-Texas) are doing their part to keep Americans scared. Both lawmakers said this week that the 3,000 troops President Barack Obama is sending to West Africa to fight the virus will return infected and spread Ebola at home.

"You also have to be concerned about 3,000 soldiers getting back on a ship," Paul said in a Wednesday interview with radio host Laura Ingraham. "Where is disease most transmittable? When you're in a very close confines on a ship -- we all know about cruises and how they get these diarrhea viruses that are transmitted very easily. Can you imagine if a whole ship full of our soldiers catch Ebola?"

“I think because of political correctness we’re not really making sound, rational, scientific decisions on this," he added.

Paul, who is a likely contender for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, went on to say that the Obama administration had downplayed the risk of sending U.S. military personnel to Ebola-infected areas.

Gohmert echoed some of Paul's sentiments on Thursday, telling Lou Dobbs of Fox News that political correctness was behind Obama's decision to dispatch "3,000 military into where they can get Ebola that they can bring back."

"The military is not trained to go catch Ebola and die. They're trained to go in and kill the people that want to come back and kill us," Gohmert said. "The president’s priorities are all mixed up here. All you got to do is shut down traffic in and out of places where there’s high risk of Ebola.”

Few members of Congress voiced any disagreement in mid-September when the White House first announced plans to send troops to combat the Ebola virus. Even Republican leaders like House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) and Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) endorsed the decision, offering rare praise for the president.

Once again, Republicans try to politicize a crisis and twist it for partisan gain.

Here's a question I just have to ask: What kind of moron would not be afraid of Ebola?

Republicans act like Obama can just pull up the drawbridge and the scariness can just stay in the nation of Africa.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

Here's a question I just have to ask: What kind of moron would not be afraid of Ebola?

I'm not the slightest bit afraid of Ebola.

The odds of me catching ebola are about equal to the odds of me getting struck by lightening. There are a thousand other things more likely to kill me than ebola, and I'm not scared of most of them, either.

If you want to live in fear, I won't try to stop you. But you shouldn't expect everyone to dive under their beds with you.

ISIS and al Qaeda will seize on this opportunity to send Ebola-infected suicide terrorists into the U.S.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

I'm not the slightest bit afraid of Ebola.

The odds of me catching ebola are about equal to the odds of me getting struck by lightening. There are a thousand other things more likely to kill me than ebola, and I'm not scared of most of them, either.

If you want to live in fear, I won't try to stop you. But you shouldn't expect everyone to dive under their beds with you.

Nobody is under their beds except you.

You have your head buried in the sand.
That's ok...but when it happens we will look at you in disgust and laugh because we warned you.

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

redskins are fearless warriors

We should also worry about ISIS and/or al Qaeda infecting Mexican and South American children that come across our southern border.

And they try to keep millions of Americans from health care at the same time. That means contagious people could infect many until they are so sick they go to the emergency room. Maybe that's part of the GOP plan. We know from their policies they must hate this country. They've done more damage than al Qaeda.

And they try to keep millions of Americans from health care at the same time. That means contagious people could infect many until they are so sick they go to the emergency room. Maybe that's part of the GOP plan. We know from their policies they must hate this country. They've done more damage than al Qaeda.

Perhaps you'll die soon?

So, uh, GoofyGohmert wants to be his running mate ...

======

I thought I posted this here earlier but maybe not so

How Contagious the Deadly Ebola Virus is Compared to 5 Other Major Viruses in One Clear Chart

chart-1024x531.jpg

In epidemiology, the basic reproduction number (sometimes called basic reproductive rate, basic reproductive ratio and denoted R0, r nought) of an infection can be thought of as the number of cases one case generates on average over the course of its infectious period, in an otherwise uninfected population.[4]

This metric is useful because it helps determine whether or not an infectious disease can spread through a population. The roots of the basic reproduction concept can be traced through the work of Alfred Lotka, Ronald Ross, and others, but its first modern application in epidemiology was by George MacDonald in 1952, who constructed population models of the spread of malaria.

When

R0 < 1

the infection will die out in the long run. But if

R0 > 1

the infection will be able to spread in a population.

Generally, the larger the value of R0, the harder it is to control the epidemic. For simple models, the proportion of the population that needs to be vaccinated to prevent sustained spread of the infection is given by 1 − 1/R0. The basic reproductive rate is affected by several factors including the duration of infectivity of affected patients, the infectiousness of the organism, and the number of susceptible people in the population that the affected patients are in contact with.

In populations that are not homogeneous, the definition of R0 is more subtle. The definition must account for the fact that a typical infected individual may not be an average individual. As an extreme example, consider a population in which a small portion of the individuals mix fully with one another while the remaining individuals are all isolated. A disease may be able to spread in the fully mixed portion even though a randomly selected individual would lead to fewer than one secondary case. This is because the typical infected individual is in the fully mixed portion and thus is able to successfully cause infections. In general, if the individuals who become infected early in an epidemic may be more (or less) likely to transmit than a randomly chosen individual late in the epidemic, then our computation of R0 must account for this tendency. An appropriate definition for R0 in this case is "the expected number of secondary cases produced by a typical infected individual early in an epidemic".[5]

n-RAND-PAUL-large570.jpg

What fears? It will kill far more LIBTARDS than real Americans...not a bad thing.

Forum List

Back