Gabby Giffords Asks, ‘Is it Safe To Send Our Kids To School?’

DWCyrDDWkAAMHHa.jpg

You do realize that's no different than saying cars used in crimes have the same tires don't you?

The AR is the most popular rifle frame in the country and even though there are millions of them out there they are used in less than 1% of all murders.

Murders yes, but they're the number one weapon of MASS MURDERS

And only 1% of all murders occur in mass shooting events.

Doesn't mean we shouldn't try to prevent them

Banning the AR won't prevent them

Then explain why all of these massacres used AR15.

The ACLU pushed to have those repealed....and it wasn't for nuts like the guy in Florida...it was for normal people who had trouble balancing their check book...doofus...

Gun Control Laws Should Be Fair

But gun control laws, like any law, should be fair, effective and not based on prejudice or stereotype. This rule met none of those criteria.

In this era of “alternative facts,” we must urge politicians to create laws based on reliable evidence and solid data.

The thousands of Americans whose disability benefits are managed by someone else range from young people with depression and financial inexperience to older adults with Down syndrome needing help with a limited budget. But no data — none — show that these individuals have a propensity for violence in general or gun violence in particular.

To the contrary, studies show that people with mental disabilities are less likely to commit firearm crimes than to be the victimsof violence by others.

--------------------------
The ACLU and 23 national disability groups did not oppose this rule because we want more guns in our community.

This is about more than guns.

Adding more innocent Americans to the National Instant Criminal Background database because of a mental disability is a disturbing trend — one that could be applied to voting, parenting or other rights dearer than gun ownership. We opposed it because it would do little to stem gun violence but do much to harm our civil rights.

Since you lie a lot. Tell me if your post are credible or even worth reading.

The ACLU pushed to have those repealed....and it wasn't for nuts like the guy in Florida...it was for normal people who had trouble balancing their check book...doofus...

But gun control laws, like any law, should be fair, effective and not based on prejudice or stereotype. This rule met none of those criteria.

In this era of “alternative facts,” we must urge politicians to create laws based on reliable evidence and solid data.

The thousands of Americans whose disability benefits are managed by someone else range from young people with depression and financial inexperience to older adults with Down syndrome needing help with a limited budget. But no data — none — show that these individuals have a propensity for violence in general or gun violence in particular.

To the contrary, studies show that people with mental disabilities are less likely to commit firearm crimes than to be the victimsof violence by others.

The ACLU and 23 national disability groups did not oppose this rule because we want more guns in our community.

Adding more innocent Americans to the National Instant Criminal Background database because of a mental disability is a disturbing trend — one that could be applied to voting, parenting or other rights dearer than gun ownership. We opposed it because it would do little to stem gun violence but do much to harm our civil rights.

I am not a left winger, I do not lie.....facts, truth and reality are not lies......they simply expose how stupid left wing beliefs are....

DWCyrDDWkAAMHHa.jpg

You do realize that's no different than saying cars used in crimes have the same tires don't you?

The AR is the most popular rifle frame in the country and even though there are millions of them out there they are used in less than 1% of all murders.

Because it is the most popular weapon inthe video game Call of Duty and it gets the most media coverage for gun bans........the left wing media has hyped this weapon, and those who want fame from these shootings pick it out because of people like you bitching so much about it.......

Stop glamorizing it and they will stop using it....

The Virginia Tech shooter killed 32 people with 2 pistols...dumb ass.....the muslim Terrorist in Nice, France murdered 86 in 5 minutes with a rental truck...if they want to kill more people, they can do it without the AR-15......

Dumb ass...

Anyone for locking up dangerously crazy people?

There are 330 million people in this country. On any given day there are millions of batshit crazy assholes capable of doing bad things.

So why did Trump sign an executive order to make it easier for those crazy people to get guns?

There's crazy, and then there's armed and crazy.

Go ask somebody that voted for Trump.

However since you are a moron that votes for Democrats then why did the filthy ass Democrats oppose the Grassley Cruz bill that would have greatly enhanced the background checks for the mentally ill?

I regularly debate with Trump voters outside this sites but most are very poorly informed.

I am familiar with Grassley/Cruz bill and it’s not good enough.
It only encourage to sell more guns that is why it’s supported by NRA. That alone will tell you something is wrong.

Sens. Grassley and Cruz roll out alternative gun control bill

The National Rifle Association said it supports the bill.

The bill includes provisions making it easier to purchase and transport firearms across state lines.

The bill would allow for the interstate sale of firearms, and for the interstate transportation of firearms providing certain conditions are met. Guns transported across state lines will have to be unloaded, locked in a vehicle or kept in the trunk.

Another pro-gun provision of the bill will allow military members to buy guns in the states where they're stationed.

Grassley said the bill was the result of "the combined efforts of many members of the Senate," and called it "a sensible alternative" to Democratic gun control reform efforts that "addresses problems we've seen without burdening law

I always find you Moon Bats to be confused, dishonest and ignorant. You are no exception.

You left out that the bill also included provisions to put more money into the NICS system and to greatly improve the reporting of the mentally ill into the background check system. That alone could have prevented the Texas church shooter from purchasing the weapon he used to murder.

Had the bill passed and had the FBI and the Parkland police did their job properly the Grassley Cruz provisions to report the mentally ill and to increase the criminal database between agencies could have possibly prevented this wacko from purchasing the murder weapon.

The Democrats, being their normal obnoxious assholes selves, didn't support the sensible Grassley Cruz bill because they were butthurt because the Republicans didn't pass that idiot Obama's universal background check.

The Democrats have the blood of the dead on their hands.

There are 330 million people in this country. On any given day there are millions of batshit crazy assholes capable of doing bad things.

So why did Trump sign an executive order to make it easier for those crazy people to get guns?

However since you are a moron that votes for Democrats then why did the filthy ass Democrats oppose the Grassley Cruz bill that would have greatly enhanced the background checks for the mentally ill?

I regularly debate with Trump voters outside this sites but most are very poorly informed.

It only encourage to sell more guns that is why it’s supported by NRA. That alone will tell you something is wrong.

The bill includes provisions making it easier to purchase and transport firearms across state lines.

The bill would allow for the interstate sale of firearms, and for the interstate transportation of firearms providing certain conditions are met. Guns transported across state lines will have to be unloaded, locked in a vehicle or kept in the trunk.

Another pro-gun provision of the bill will allow military members to buy guns in the states where they're stationed.

Grassley said the bill was the result of "the combined efforts of many members of the Senate," and called it "a sensible alternative" to Democratic gun control reform efforts that "addresses problems we've seen without burdening law

I always find you Moon Bats to be confused, dishonest and ignorant. You are no exception.

You left out that the bill also included provisions to put more money into the NICS system and to greatly improve the reporting of the mentally ill into the background check system. That alone could have prevented the Texas church shooter from purchasing the weapon he used to murder.

Had the bill passed and had the FBI and the Parkland police did their job properly the Grassley Cruz provisions to report the mentally ill and to increase the criminal database between agencies could have possibly prevented this wacko from purchasing the murder weapon.

The Democrats, being their normal obnoxious assholes selves, didn't support the sensible Grassley Cruz bill because they were butthurt because the Republicans didn't pass that idiot Obama's universal background check.

You didn't need any new law for the FBI to go after this guy......he made a threat over the internet, which gave them the ability to arrest the guy.......anything over the internet is federal jurisdiction........and then you had the police with 39 visits.....disturbing the peace would have allowed them to arrest him and get a warrant for the home......especially if they had bothered to look at his social media...

We don't need new laws...we have plenty of laws already in place...

Is it safe to leave the doors to schools unlocked all day so any Tom Dick or Harry can just walk in willy nilly?

Seems to me something as basic as locking doors and controlling entry to schools would go a long way in preventing these tragedies?

The school where I am working as a substitute right now just upgraded our security plan in light of the shooting in Marshall County, KY.

Access is controlled, but we have to man ever exit door in the building. That takes teachers away from doing what we need to do to get ready for class, meaning our starting time just went backward another 20 minutes.

Hopefully, if I get shot, I can stagger into the gymnasium to warn everyone that someone is coming in through my door!!

Control access by limiting the doors used for entry into the school and limit the doors people can exit from in non emergencies. Lock all other exit doors and alarm them. Have them centrally controlled so they can be unlocked from one location during emergencies.

This stuff isn't rocket science and it won't be that expensive.

How about ......... wait till all the students are dismissed from their class leaving the school?

How about just burst in to those limited access you just mentioned?

So tell me how are you going to stop a deranged individual?

Simple solution: Ban AR15.

For one you will never stop anyone hell bent on murder but you can make it impossible for some asshole to just walk into a school and start shooting.

Banning a rifle will not stop anyone either nor will it make it more difficult for someone to kill.

You didn't need any new law for the FBI to go after this guy......he made a threat over the internet, which gave them the ability to arrest the guy.......anything over the internet is federal jurisdiction........and then you had the police with 39 visits.....disturbing the peace would have allowed them to arrest him and get a warrant for the home......especially if they had bothered to look at his social media...

We don't need new laws...we have plenty of laws already in place...

I agree. However, if we are going to do that stupid NICS system then it at least make sure that the mentally ill are included, which is what the bill would do and that the Democrats opposed.

Why don't any of the mass murderers use single-shot weapons?

DWCyrDDWkAAMHHa.jpg

The AR is the most popular rifle frame in the country and even though there are millions of them out there they are used in less than 1% of all murders

That 1% is part of slaughtering 17 kids in Parkland. And the rest of massacres.

Is that acceptable?

Never said it was but banning one type of rifle will not make it stop.

We had a ban on "assault weapons" for 10 years and it was allowed to expire because it did nothing to lower either the murder or the crime rates.

DWCyrDDWkAAMHHa.jpg

Because it happens to be the most popular rifle frame in the country. The fact that there are millions of AR style rifles owned by the public and that less than 2% of all murders are committed with them should tell you that it's not the rifle that's the problem.

Can you explain why most cars have the most popular size tire?

Schools have become less safe as the Federal government has exerted more control over schools.

Coinkydink? I think not.

The federal government has almost zero control over schools except in paranoid minds.

You clearly have no idea how federal taxes are used to control local schools. Just ask a school psychologist who spends half of his or her time filling out federal paperwork for compliance.

Newsflash dumbass! I am a teacher and former school administrator. School psychologists do not even work in a school! They are employed by the districts, and that has no bearing on the operation of the school. Please stop talking out of your ass. You should be embarrassed.

Dumbass, I know more about it than you do.

No reason not to look for solutions, there is no reason to scream at each other, we have different ideas about any subject. where have all the adults gone.
I wonder if the senate & the NRA think that if guns are safe enough for all people to have one, then why aren't guns allowed in the senate or the NRA head quarters?
BANNING GUNS IS NOT A SOLUTION., figuring out solutions to curb the killing of innocents is a worthy goal. done by people not paid to support one side, calm rational thinking & acting adults of all view points coming together for the greater good.

There are approximately 74 million students in the US in the range of Pre-K through 12th grade. How many students were killed by guns in all of 2017? 20? A search turns up a few articles and one Wikipedia article that lists 9 kids killed by guns in all of 2017.

School shootings in the United States - Wikipedia

9/74,000,000 * 100 = 1.22e-06 percent of the students in our country were killed by a gun. that is 0.0000122%.

Giffords is not only wrong but a lying piece of shit. Our children are in more danger from men pretending to be women in women's bathrooms.

This entire thread, not one person lamented the 104 people who have died on our nation's roads today. Or the 104 the day before that, or the day before that, or every day for the past 10 years.

Nine kids died of guns 2017. Is that acceptable?

Also I thought the number is far higher than 7.

http://www.nationwidechildrens.org/cirp-gun-safety

But the 104 death was road accident. Isn’t it?
A death is a death, road accident or otherwise. The outrage is people are being killed, but it is selective outrage because only certain types of death are the concern.

It isn't a matter of acceptable, it is a matter of; at what threshold do we start taking rights away from people who have not done a single thing wrong.

At that percentage, it is unreasonable to think that our children are being slaughtered, and our schools are unsafe. Schools may or may not be unsafe, but it isn't because of guns.

Let me get this straight.

You are telling me that people with mental illness can buy guns. Is that right?
Do you realize how easy it is to obtain AR15? Road accident is accident AR15 is made to kill people intentionally.

If you look at the previous several massacres AR15 is the favorites.

Explain this to me why killing 17 kids is acceptable.
who said it was acceptable? I'll thank you to stop putting words in ANYONES mouth but your own.

People are dying at a greater rate on our highways than in our schools. That is not a hard fact to get your head around.

The GUN is a tool, and its purpose is determined by the person using the tool. I have an AR15 and I can say with absolute confidence that it has never killed anyone, let along any kids in a school

Stop punishing the innocent for the deeds of the crazy. It is a simple concept.

There are approximately 74 million students in the US in the range of Pre-K through 12th grade. How many students were killed by guns in all of 2017? 20? A search turns up a few articles and one Wikipedia article that lists 9 kids killed by guns in all of 2017.

9/74,000,000 * 100 = 1.22e-06 percent of the students in our country were killed by a gun. that is 0.0000122%.

Giffords is not only wrong but a lying piece of shit. Our children are in more danger from men pretending to be women in women's bathrooms.

This entire thread, not one person lamented the 104 people who have died on our nation's roads today. Or the 104 the day before that, or the day before that, or every day for the past 10 years.

A death is a death, road accident or otherwise. The outrage is people are being killed, but it is selective outrage because only certain types of death are the concern.

It isn't a matter of acceptable, it is a matter of; at what threshold do we start taking rights away from people who have not done a single thing wrong.

At that percentage, it is unreasonable to think that our children are being slaughtered, and our schools are unsafe. Schools may or may not be unsafe, but it isn't because of guns.

Do you realize how easy it is to obtain AR15? Road accident is accident AR15 is made to kill people intentionally.

who said it was acceptable? I'll thank you to stop putting words in ANYONES mouth but your own.

People are dying at a greater rate on our highways than in our schools. That is not a hard fact to get your head around.

The GUN is a tool, and its purpose is determined by the person using the tool. I have an AR15 and I can say with absolute confidence that it has never killed anyone, let along any kids in a school

You did not answer my questions.

Another question.........
What is your solution in stopping all these carnage using AR15?

People are dying in high ways....... That’s an accident. These massacres using AR15 are done purposely ...... Explain that.

May be you are a law abiding and stable citizens........ How about like these kids that can buy this gun so easily?

Please answer my questions.

You did not answer my questions.

Another question.........
What is your solution in stopping all these carnage using AR15?

People are dying in high ways....... That’s an accident. These massacres using AR15 are done purposely ...... Explain that.

May be you are a law abiding and stable citizens........ How about like these kids that can buy this gun so easily?

Please answer my questions.

Lock up dangerously crazy people.

I am not a left winger, I do not lie.....facts, truth and reality are not lies......they simply expose how stupid left wing beliefs are....

Cry me river. I challenged you several times about your lies you posted on several threads and topics but you just disappear.
So tell me if I will even bother to read your post.

Wrong again.

That doesn’t stop the carnage using AR15. Dude Paddock passed all the requirements in obtaining several AR15. That bill doesn’t even meet the requirements of common sense gun laws.

Mental illness are the hardest to diagnosed and people can easily fake it. Or unless someone else will report it.

Background checks when this dude 2aguy here keep telling me background checks doesn’t work.

Then you have this lousy president with his EO allowing people with mental illness can buy guns...... THIS IS SUPPORTED BY NRA.

Tell me again about bill supported by NRA.

I can assure you 100% there are lots of GOPs support banning AR15 but they can’t do it because ALL of them are NRA puppets. Just like my buddy Rubio. So you cannot sit there and tell me that only the Democrats are trying to stop these massacres.

What is your suggestion in stopping this carnage?

Last edited:

Wrong again.

That doesn’t stop the carnage using AR15. Dude Paddock passed all the requirements to obtain several AR15.

Mental illness are the hardest to diagnose and people can easily fake it. Or someone will report it. Background checks when this dude 2aguy keep telling me background checks doesn’t work.
People on the no fly list can still buy guns. Why?
Then you have this lousy president with his EO allowing people with mental illness can buy guns.

What is your suggestion in stopping this carnage?

They knew this guy was dangerously crazy.

Forum List

Back