Game of Thrones

76525e4f9df4218d5075148ebea6655a--gothic-drawings-raven-flying.jpg x1080-QsJ.jpg60482305_1368116846661267_1179439225397837824_n.jpg

Last edited:
They just don’t have the source material anymore. The last few seasons have been lame ass TV writing and plots, and totally predictable.
NO only this very last part of season eight starting with episode 2 is rushed and cramming character interactions into too little time. The rush gives an air of chaos...I imagine the very last half hour will feel very peaceful. Rushing the Daenerys story seems shallow. When you think about the comparison about how very long it took for Daenerys to get across Essos and now we are rushed when the story is more important. Too bad. The writers are using source material this season and it is obvious if you pay close attention to the details.
I doubt if the show is salvageable

This changes everything:

:flameth::aargh:

Black Sabbath?

Like they've been trying for years to do justice to "The Lord of the Rings" trilogy. The latest trio did quite well but left out so much that was in the books and was important to the complete story. Or they combined storylines for expediency's sake, just like GOT.
The book was better is still true. Unfortunately, too many people nowadays don't read the books, do they?
I wonder how the Outlander series will fare.
Very true. I had to stop watching the Outlander series. I realized that some of it didn't make sense and knew that was because they were assuming we had some knowledge of the books. I haven't read any of them yet, so until I do, I'll have to just go without. lol
Good series. I like the historical aspect. Almost as well researched as Michael Crichton's science for his books.
Yeah, so far the show has impressed Me with its adherence to historical fact. Unfortunately, Outlander is like, 8th on My list of required reading buys right now.

lol
I don't have a specific list. Which shows do you favor? I recently discovered "Jamestown". It's pretty misandrist but I still favor costume dramas.
I don't really have any. I catch them as they come about, but in all honesty, I have to find time in My schedule to even sit down and watch a known good or popular show. I just don't watch that much TV.

I managed, over the course of six months, get through the first season of Outlander. In fact, its been a couple of months since I started the second season and I'll likely have to go back to the beginning to refresh My memory. lol

I'll look into "Jamestown" but you said misandrist? The writers or is that that historically accurate? Off the top of My head, isn't Jamestown the town that had all the residents mysteriously disappear when the resupply ships returned a year or so later?
Roanoke was the town where all the residents mysteriously disappear. There are sundry theories about what happened there.
I think the series "Jamestown" has used a lot of poetic license as the female characters are front and center in an otherwise misogynist culture. I haven't lots of time to read up on all the things that interest me right now and I usually binge watch the shows that I like. Right now, I am focused on the mathematic theories that were used to build the great cathedrals. I read Ken Follett's "Pillars of the Earth" and there was a PBS special. Then when Notre Dame burned, I was hooked. I ordered a book recommended by another poster here, "The Hiram Key", and it has arrived. I'm thinking I'll have some stuff to occupy me while I recuperate from my scheduled hip surgery. Being immobile will afford me the ability to catch up on some reading, writing, knitting, and sketching.

Well, that did not suck as much as I thought it would.

When the credits roll tonight there better be a BIG THANK YOU to all the fans
Not even so much as a "fuck you".

Wow...

I didn't expect thanks. Given the last two seasons, they clearly thought they were doing us all a big favor.

But I am grateful that the suckage of the last episode was at a much lower volume than the suckage of the rest of the season.

Hmm....yeah, I kind of think it did.
Of course, sending the main hero off to defend a wall that isn't threatened anymore, oh and has a huge hole in the southern part is okay I guess.

I was surprised they actually killed the Targaryen though.

OK....I was skeptical

But I thought they did a great job tying it all together. Maybe not the direction I would have gone, but a solid ending

Of course, sending the main hero off to defend a wall that isn't threatened anymore, oh and has a huge hole in the southern part is okay I guess.

* SPOILER ALERT *

All I wanted was for Daenarys to die. Jon stabbing her works for me.

I like that Jon was reunited with Snow and the Free Folk. He'll be far happier with them than he would ruling the 6 Kingdoms.

Wow...

I didn't expect thanks. Given the last two seasons, they clearly thought they were doing us all a big favor.

But I am grateful that the suckage of the last episode was at a much lower volume than the suckage of the rest of the season.
Every successful show acknowledges the dedication of the fans. Guess they're too good for us.

The last episode actually did suck though. Yeah, it had some tear-jerker stuff, but really... Snow should have at least had to run for his life to the East....

Anticlimactic nonsense. Writers are fucking retards. 8 years for this pay off?

I'm out!

It could have been much much much worse. My expectations were so low, that anything just mediocre enough would look good

* SPOILER ALERT *

All I wanted was for Daenarys to die. Jon stabbing her works for me.

I like that Jon was reunited with Snow and the Free Folk. He'll be far happier with them than he would ruling the 6 Kingdoms.

Fuck Sansa

Wow...

Every successful show acknowledges the dedication of the fans. Guess they're too good for us.

The last episode actually did suck though. Yeah, it had some tear-jerker stuff, but really... Snow should have at least had to run for his life to the East....

They didn't have enough time for that. With only a few minutes, they had to teleport everyone to their final resolution.

Forum List

Back