Gay, Jewish woman claims church blocked her from helping Hurricane Harvey victims

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means,

Not only are you anti Christian but you are a coward as well.
I not going to really concern myself with what you think of me. Anyone who has the gal to make those judgements is not worth my time.

This story made me absolutely sick!! What the hell is wrong with some people who call themselves Christians.

I am not anti Christian by any means, and in fact understand that there are many good and charitable Christians who actually follow in the footsteps of their Christ. Although I am a non believer I respect that. I respect true Christians. In fact I sometimes say that I am a philosophical Christian. Unfortunately to many so called Christians are bigoted assholes. Case in point:

Harvey volunteer claims church fired her for being Jewish, gay

A Friendswood, Texas, woman claims a local church asked her to stop volunteering with Hurricane Harvey victims after learning that she's a Jewish lesbian, according to Channel 2 News.

Carmen Hix told the news station she was hurt by their request, adding that she had nothing but good intentions.

She said that she couldn't sit idly by after Hurricane Harvey hit her native Texas. She took time off from her part time job to focus solely on volunteer efforts.

I took a leave of absence - I work part time - and decided just to do 10 days straight of volunteering," she told Channel 2.

Hix said she started getting questions from the man supervising the chruch's food bank when he noticed she'd been saying "shalom" at the end of prayer each day.

And she is a war vet!!

I was asked about that by the supervisor of the food bank, 'Why do you say shalom?' I said because I'm Jewish," the Vietnam war veteran recalled.

Who wants to defend this stupidity and bigotry?? Who!!??j

Claims? Are there any witnesses? Does she have a video?

I not going to really concern myself with what you think of me. Anyone who has the gal to make those judgements is not worth my time.

Yet you automatically believed what this woman claimed despite not being able to provide evidence of her claim.

Yet you automatically believed what this woman claimed despite not being able to provide evidence of her claim.
Guess you missed my post #69.

Post #69 involves the woman saying something

The bold part was a claim by the woman as to what was said to her. Does she have video? You automatically believe her because you want that to be what was said.

I take it you don't like Jews either.

Not true. I am just aware of what they are.

And what are they?

Read slate..or the new york times..or washington post..or watch cnn. See if anything seems little...less diverse...than you would expect. See if you can detect a certain monolithic opinion being presented. Dont ask me. You have eyes and the ability to read.

IMG_8505.jpg

How dare he judge her, how dare he turn away helping hands. This kind, decent woman offered the esssence of Christ's teachings. I am just sad, and yes, of the Christian faith; God judges, not human beings.

This woman offered nothing but evil. The church was her target not refugees. What...no synagouges around doing anything for Harvey refugees? It was a chance to abuses another group of people she despises...christians.

Sounds like he said she said....given the homos need for attention I'm skeptical about this

And she is a war vet!!

Not really. Gays were forbidden to serve in the military by law at the time. She should have been dishonorably discharged under the standards of decency and law before she ever got started.
Women were forbidden to serve at sea for most of her "war years" until a court overruled tradition, law, culture and democracy in 1978 and allowed them on non-combatant ships. Women (dyky looking lesbian or not) were not allowed onto ships which might enter combat zones until Slick WIllie in 1993 which was the year she high tailed it out of the Navy.
Wix spent her time in San Francisco mostly as a PN rate...a pay clerk (and doing God knows what else knowing San Francisco). She also served as payclerk and shopkeeper (DK rate disbursing clerk) on two non combatant auxiliary tenders based in Alameda at the end of her career.

Sounds like he said she said....given the homos need for attention I'm skeptical about this

Given a jewish homosexual who couldn't find a synagogue nor even a liberal church like Episcopalian or Unitarian...i agree with your skepticism. It is a planned outrage.

I'll never be a cheerleader for the homosexual lifestyle, but I wouldn't have told that girl to go jump either. I would have thanked her for wanting to help at all.

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly

I'll never be a cheerleader for the homosexual lifestyle, but I wouldn't have told that girl to go jump either. I would have thanked her for wanting to help at all.

Holly

Nor will you ever be a Christian pastor charged with upholding decency.
Her intention was to attack a church. Sometimes stereotypes are true.
Cheer that on if you like.

You have another case of she said, no proof that he said anything in post 69. Give us more information and the. We can talk otherwise you are a regressive troll.

Holly

You don’t know what he said, there is no proof. It is an accusation, nothing else.

Holly

Nor will you ever be a Christian pastor charged with upholding decency.
Her intention was to attack a church. Sometimes stereotypes are true.
Cheer that on if you like.

We have no clue what he said or what she said, it is all supposition. How do you decide who to believe?

You have another case of she said, no proof that he said anything in post 69. Give us more information and the. We can talk otherwise you are a regressive troll.

When I asked TPP for proof that those statements were actually made (video, witnesses, etc), he pointed me toward post #69. It was nothing more than another unsupported claim. I've yet to hear back from him.

Forum List

Back